Monster Hunter Rise has been the Nintendo Switch success story of 2021 so far. As of the end of May, the game had shipped over seven million copies worldwide and had reached its third major update.
Capcom has now rolled out version 3.1.0. This particular download is only a small one, but it still includes a lot of changes and adjustments. New Event Quests will be available every week, there's new DLC, bug fixes, and more.
Here's the full rundown, courtesy of Capcom's Monster Hunter Rise website:
Monster Hunter Rise - Patch: Ver.3.1.0 (Released June 24, 2021)
- In order to use DLC and play online, you need to update Monster Hunter Rise to the latest version.
- - You can check which version you're on at the bottom right of the Title Screen.
- - Online gameplay requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can play local multiplayer, as long as every player uses the same version of the software.
- - Please visit the Nintendo Support page for more information.
AvailableJune 24, 2021Required Space
About 0.65GB (only this update)
- - If this is your first time updating the game after purchasing it, the required space is about 3.6GB.
- - Please make sure you have enough empty space before you download the update.
Main Additions / Changes
- New Event Quests will be available every week.
- New DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to control cannons even after moving away from them during Rampage Quests.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing unnecessary UI to be displayed on the Quest Completed screen after finishing a Rampage Quest.
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to go to places they shouldn't be able to reach if the final gate is destroyed at the exact moment a Rampage Quest is completed.
- Fixed a bug causing Power Kilns to be activated only after releasing the A button during Rampage Quests.
- Fixed a bug causing Badum and Tish to keep banging the drum if the Host changes the BGM to anything other than "Brave Hunters."
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from carving a severed tail if the tail overlaps with the fence switch in the Arena.
- Fixed a bug causing Palicoes' eyes to be wide open regardless of their eye type, when they are sent off to trade.
- Fixed a bug causing a "!" mark to be displayed on certain armor even if it was previously removed, when the player quits the game and restarts it.
- Fixed a bug causing Pigment 2 to display as white when set to black for some armor.
- Fixed a bug preventing the right colors from being displayed on the save file select screen, if the player used a Character Edit Voucher to change their clothing color.
- Fixed a bug causing the cursor and the status ailment graphs to be mismatched if the player performs certain actions on the Large Monster list in the Hunter's Notes.
- Changed functionality so that, if the player uses a Character Edit Voucher to recreate their hunter and use one of the DLC voices, the existing voices that were selectable for the original hunter will be preserved.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing quest information to be incorrectly displayed if the player moves to the Training Area after accepting a quest offline.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing account items to be stored in your pouch or item box when accepting Helper Rewards.
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to attack Tigrex without it fighting back in some areas of the Sandy Plains.
- Fixed a bug causing erratic behavior for Apex Rathian if it performs certain actions.
- Fixed a bug causing Almudron's mud heaps to appear at the feet of players who are very far away.
- Fixed a bug causing some of Zinogre/Apex Zinogre's attacks not to have the thunder element on them.
- Fixed a bug preventing some small monsters from trying to escape if the player attacks them while riding a Canyne.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing the player from capturing a monster if it is inflicted with Paralysis/Sleep/Stun right after it springs a Pitfall Trap.
- Fixed a bug preventing some of Rajang's attacks from being nullified by the lance's Insta-Block.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the number of hits to be decreased when attacking Rakna-Kadaki's head with a Spirit Helm Breaker or Slicing Ammo.
- Fixed a bug causing the connection to be lost when taking on a Rakna-Kadaki quest in Multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing Splitting Wyvernshot damage from being displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug occasionally making it difficult to hit Narwa's head with the long sword's Spirit Helm Breaker.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Narwa to slide in an unnatural manner.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from completing the quest if they down Narwa with specific timing.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing platforms to appear that cannot be climbed with your weapon unsheathed during the Thunder Goddess and The Allmother quests.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to always get hit when making Narwa flinch with specific timing using an installation during the Thunder Goddess quest.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the camera to move right over the player's head and/or preventing additional hits from landing when successfully hitting a monster with the long sword's Iai Spirit Slash counter.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing some of Narwa's attacks to hit twice.
- Fixed a bug causing a lag in the controls when performing a dodge and then using an item via the Radial Menu with your weapon unsheathed. This affects the sword & shield, the long sword, and the dual blades (when Demon Mode is not active).
- Adjusted monster behavior that made it harder to hit them because of their movement and special actions after the player performs the long sword's Spirit Helm Breaker, Iai Spirit Slash, or Silkbind Sakura Slash.
- Fixed a bug causing the hunting horn's Sonic Wave to deal extra shockwave damage for each player inside the area of effect.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to become rigid if they dodge backwards to the left or right and then move in the opposite direction, right after attacking with the hunting horn.
- Fixed a bug preventing Canyne's certain follow-up attacks from activating if the player enters the commands for the hunting horn's Backwards Strike to Double Swing combo too quickly. Affected attacks include Canyne assists, Overhead Smash, and Crush.
- Fixed a bug preventing the thrust part of the initial attack of the hunting horn's Infernal Melody from having collision detection if it is performed with a delay.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to move in the wrong direction when performing the lance's Spiral Thrust using Directional Control Settings Type 2.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from using a backwards Guard Dash after comboing the lance's Spiral Thrust into the Leaping Thrust.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from guarding if they stand on top of an item and try to guard with the lance sheathed, when using Player Actions Settings Type 2.
- Fixed a bug causing the action for Directional Control Settings Type 2 to be activated, even when Type 1 has been selected, when performing Axe: Morph Slash after attacking with the switch axe.
- Adjusted monster behavior that made it harder to hit them because of their movement and special actions when the player performs additional attacks by rapidly tapping the button for the switch axe's Zero Sum Discharge Finisher.
- Fixed a bug causing the charge blade's Amped Element Discharge to stray left or right too often.
- Fixed a bug preventing the power increase effect from being applied when guarding with the charge blade's Counter Morph Slash after an Axe: Element Discharge II or Condensed Spinning Slash.
- Fixed a bug preventing a monster's stun level from increasing even when blocking an attack with Guard Points during the charge blade's (Impact Phial) Elemental Boost.
- Fixed a bug causing minor rigidness of the player character if they stand still after a Forward Dodge in the charge blade's sword mode, and then start moving again.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from moving in the direction the stick is pushed in, if they perform the charge blade's Morphing Advance right as they start moving.
- Fixed a bug causing critical range correction to be applied to the heavy bowgun's Wyvern Ammo.
- Fixed a bug causing the intervals between the heavy bowgun's "walking recoil (small)," "walking recoil (medium)," "walking single fire auto reload," and Wyvern Ammo to become too long.
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to use Herculean Draw with only one unit of Wirebug Gauge under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug causing unnatural display of the Izuchi Tail hairstyle when combined with certain pieces of equipment.
- Fixed a bug preventing machine cannons and elevated platforms from being displayed if players join in or drop out with specific timing during the The Allmother quest, resulting in the quest not being completable.
- Fixed a bug preventing the UI from being displayed if the player changes areas with specific timing during the The Allmother quest.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the player to change to the appearance of another hunter after completing a quest in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from carving if a quest is completed while the slain monster overlaps with a monster in a mountable state.
- Fixed a bug preventing Palicoes with the F Kulu Lute equipped from showing up for other players during Multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug causing the edges of the Rathian Helm's visor to look unnatural when using Body Type 1.
- Fixed a bug causing the graphics for the Twin Ponytails' bangs to become distorted when equipping the Aknosom Helm.
- Some items have multiple crafting patterns. If the player sets one pattern to their Radial Menu and then reboots the game, the Radial Menu setting sometimes gets overwritten with another pattern. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug causing the change of perspective to malfunction if another player fires a Dragon Piercer while one player is controlling a ballista or a cannon, or is in aim mode with a ranged weapon.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to be pushed out of the area if they change areas with specific timing during the The Allmother quest.
- Fixed a bug causing the Rathalos Mail's shoulder parts to appear distorted when using Body Type 1.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from quickly picking up multiple dropped materials while riding a Palamute.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the position where the player can carve Narwa to differ from the positions for other players.
- Adjusted functionality so that hunters won't move while placing a trap, even if they're pushed by a monster.
- Fixed a bug causing an error for the Dragonfell Berry icon on the map's icon list.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing guest players from being able to finish a quest if the quest host leaves the quest with specific timing while experiencing lag in the connection.
- Fixed a bug preventing the text of Auto Shoutouts from changing when switching languages.
- Fixed a bug causing Canynes to keep running when the player tries to climb up a pedestal from the right side in the temple inside the pyramid in Flooded Forest area 2.
- Fixed a bug preventing the number of times you've played with someone with whom you've exchanged Guild Cards from being counted.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Auto Shoutout "When a monster is limping" from activating for guest players during Multiplayers.
- Fixed a bug causing players to disappear if they keep exchanging items during a cutscene.
- Fixed a bug preventing the quest from finishing if a player joins in right before it is completed.
- Fixed a bug causing an error on the save file select screen if an anomaly is detected in the save data info.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.
Woo don’t have enough space for that one but my microsd card will be here soon enough. Will jump back in then.
I'm actually playing this as we speak. Great game.
Gonna do this update now.
Better update and check out what they got, it will be nice to jump in once a week.
Looking at that second screenshot with Diablos and Tigrex, I still can't believe Capcom's RE Engine makes Rise look that good on Switch. It really is incredible.
That's a lot of bug fixes. Only other thing I've seen matching that level of patching is when smash gets updated with new characters.
Whoa... Event Quests every week?! It feels like it took forever for this addition, but I'm stoked.
@JaxonH So I tried the solo hunting in a 2p lobby in an expedition again today, using a weaker weapon (just the basic bow vs my upgraded IG and GL) and Kulu went down without much trouble. A slow slog, sure, but he wasn't 2 shotting me or acting rabid, actually fatigued frequently and went down ok, inlike before. It's not in the patch notes but it seems pretty obvious the expeditions were bugged and running at 4p scaling. Didn't get to try a Rathian that was the worst of the bunch before, she wouldn't show up.
It's just one star hub, but man was it insane before. Izuchi went down once but other than that nothing ever went down.
Nice! Just started yesterday and hopefully will enjoy it, especially the weekly quests!
Love it. Love MH. Also got MHGU just for the archaic oldschool feel. Can't wait for Stories 2. Best series atm.
@Wilforce we’ve had event quest every week for the past 5 weeks
Man, I gotta catch back up with this. Passed HR50 last week and finally managed to kill Bagel Goose.
What a game; this is easily my favorite in the series so far!
"Fixed a bug causing the charge blade's Amped Element Discharge to stray left or right too often."
I thought it was just me. I stopped using CB because I kept missing my AED attacks and thought something about the weapon was changed. Never thought it was a bug. Now I need to try it and see if it really is just me now.
I'm really hoping for some decent event quests. The ones so far have been really weak.
oh my so many bugs that happened. But it's normal for a new game. It's not bad as Ark Survival (all versions). I was excited for new monster or returning monster which l prefer than new but l'm sure something will happen in July.
I wish they would bring back the relaxed sitting position pose. That was my favorite gesture in previous Monster Hunter games.
So much updated. That alone men’s I’ll skip this game even more. I thought about it but I’m not for the half asses game releases
Tap here to load 16 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...