GungHo Online Entertainment has released its latest Dev Diary for Ninjala, giving us fresh details about the game's upcoming sixth season, as well as news on an upcoming first-anniversary campaign.
Let's kick things off with Season Six, which is due to arrive on 17th June and will be themed around superheroes and villains. As usual, the new season brings with it new weapons and more to enjoy, as detailed below:
- 2 Gum Weapons: Extreme Motor and DJ Scratch - unlike most Yo-yos, these are great for close combat
- New Shinobi Card: Last Spurt maxes out the S-Energy Gauge and won't deplete towards the end of a match
- Shinobi Shop: Select Shop and Trend Shop now combined
- Ninjala Pass Mini: a budget pass for 300 Jala
As for the first-anniversary celebrations, you can expect to receive a free in-game gift, discounts on DLC, and even a special ranked tournament. Again, details can be found below:
- 1,000 Jala: free for everyone who logs in anytime between June 16 to July 7
- 1st Anniversary celebration sale: Story Pack: Chapter 1 & 2 for $0.99 from June 16 to July 6
- 1st Anniversary Cup: a ranked tournament that will begin July 17, players can earn special IPPON Decorations, Emotes, Gumball Machine Coins, and Ninja Medals
- 1st Anniversary Celebration Stream: a special stream on June 24 with details about an upcoming collaboration and updates
It was recently announced that Ninjala has now surpassed seven million downloads, with all players being treated to a free gift to celebrate – if you haven't already, make sure to claim it before time runs out.