Capcom has just released Version 3.0 of Monster Hunter Rise for the Nintendo Switch. As previously revealed, it includes an all-new ending, two new monsters, some extra DLC and much more.
This download is a total of 1.4GB in size, but for those who are playing the game for the first time 2.9GB of free space will be required. Below are the official patch notes, courtesy of the Monster Hunter Rise blog:
Monster Hunter Rise - Patch: Ver.3.0.0 (Released May 27, 2021)
- In order to use DLC and play online, you need to update Monster Hunter Rise to the latest version.
- - You can check which version you're on at the bottom right of the Title Screen.
- - Online gameplay requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can play local multiplayer, as long as every player uses the same version of the software.
- - Please visit the Nintendo Support page for more information.
Available - May 27, 2021
Required Space - About 1.4GB (only this update)
- - If this is your first time updating the game after purchasing it, the required space is about 2.9GB.
- - Please make sure you have enough empty space before you download the update.
Main Additions / Changes
Added story elements
- New monsters will appear in Hub quests.
- New monsters will appear in the Rampage.
- New quests will be available.
- A new combat locale will be available.
- New weapon trees, armor, and layered armor will be available.
- New skills and Rampage Skills will be available.
- You can change the appearance of Rampage weapons using certain materials.
- Note: The above items will be unlocked when certain conditions are met.
Added system elements
- New Guild Card awards will be available.
- New DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug causing an explosion when removing a Hunting Installation during Rampage Quests in Multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from obtaining Talismans from the Melding Pot under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause submarines to become transparent during the cutscene where the Argosy leaves port from the Buddy Plaza, when other players are in specific locations in Multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause decorations to be unequipped when changing to a different loadout that contains the same decorations.
- If the player has a Daily Special dango registered to a set, Dango Carver (Hi) would sometimes activate even when it's not the Daily Special. This has been addressed.
- Fixed a bug preventing the gunlance's Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern's Fire from being counted towards the "Repel using a weapon" sub-assignment during Rampage Quests.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to freeze when pressing the accept button after the cursor goes off-screen if the player performs certain actions when accepting items from the Meowcenaries.
- Fixed a bug causing Novice Hunter Taishi to appear as Rice Ball Artist Seihaku if the player looks at where he's sitting from the Hub Prep Area.
- Fixed a bug causing an error when performing certain actions in the village after taking on a quest with Send Join Request active while not participating in a Lobby.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent monster parts from being electrically charged, thus taking less damage during the Serpent Goddess of Thunder quest.
- Fixed a bug causing the wind effect to remain on screen if the monster is slain while creating an air stream during the Serpent God of Wind quest.
- Fixed a bug that would very occasionally prevent the player from advancing when Bishaten clings onto a wall.
- When a player faints during a quest, other players that joined the quest mid-way would sometimes get a message on the loading screen telling them that they had fainted. This has been addressed.
- If the player is riding a Palamute when Almudron dives under and creates a mud maze, there would sometimes be paths between the mud walls too narrow to pass through, and some walls would warp the player somewhere else when touching them. This has been addressed.
- Fixed a bug preventing Buddies from helping the player if they are inflicted with a status ailment while in a state where knockback is negated.
- Fixed a bug where the dual blades' Demon Mode attacks and the heavy bowgun's melee attack were not included in the conditions for the Latent Power skill.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to get stuck in the environment when using Wyvern Riding actions on Tobi-Kadachi in the Flooded Forest.
- Fixed a bug causing the cutscene to go dark and become unskippable when the player's HP hits 0 at the same time as the monster is slain during the Serpent God of Wind quest.
- Fixed a bug causing the charge blade's Axe Hopper to only gain the "Silkbind Boost" effect during the upward attack.
- Fixed a bug preventing blast damage from increasing when a guest player uses Teostra Soul at the Training Area.
- Fixed a bug preventing any additional hits from occurring when succesfully landing a Midair Spinning Blade Dance or Midair Roundslash if the wirebug's silk is connected.
- Fixed a bug causing a continued state of low stamina and reduced movement speed.
- Fixed a bug preventing Sticky Ammo from benefiting from the effects of the Dango Bombardier dango skill.
- Fixed a bug causing the effects of Gourmet Fish to last longer for other players than for the user when using the Wide-Range skill.
- Fixed a bug causing a hunter's stamina to be reduced if they are guarding and get hit by the bowgun's Shrapnel Ammo from another player.
- Fixed a bug causing an application error to occur when the player opens their own status screen from the member list before leaving on a quest with Send Join Request active while not participating in a Lobby.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from advancing if the host leaves a Multiplayer session of 3 or more players with specific timing and under specific conditions.
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing the wrong amiibo sound effect to be played when reading one.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from advancing when repeatedly opening and closing the HOME screen after activating the software keyboard.
- Fixed a bug sometimes preventing Escuregots from being recognized as a camera subject, resulting in the picture not being usable on the Endemic Life list.
- Fixed a bug causing the Palamute's voice pitch to be switched between low and normal, causing the actual voice to be different from the sample voice.
- Fixed a bug preventing the "Negate Stun" Buddy Skill from negating stun caused by a flash of light.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Guild Card picture from being displayed properly after accepting a Guild Card while it is still being transferred.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.
Ah no bow nerf. Life’s good
Guys, can anyone help me? I pre-ordered this game, but I didn't receive the pre-order bonus. I have the original email with the time (it was hours before the release), my theory is my download finished when it was already lunch and something goes wrong to identify it was s pre-order. Where can I complaining about this?
@RCGamer did ya check the eshop to see if the Kamura stuff downloaded? My pre-order bonuse stuff installed all stealth, and then even in game it’s stealth - you have to talk to the Courier near Fugen to access any dlc. Then if it’s cosmetic stuff, it’ll be under layered armor in your equip box, or if it’s event dlc it’ll be in the Hub under Low/High Rank (there’s 4 events so far, 3 are HR and 1 LR), under Events.
this is such an awesome game. glad they are fixing bugs. keep up the good work capcom.
@RCGamer did you go online then check the in-game mail (the cat)?
Someone knows how to get the quest for the new ending? I've completed the single player quests up to 6 stars, and I'm rank 5. Are there more story quests on the hub?
I jumped on the final Ibushi/Narwa fight as soon as I could, and it went pretty well. Not hard with the right prep, but a lot of fun. The fixes seem great too...although I think there's a bug they missed... the skill 'Load Shells' seems to have no effect on Charge Blade phials even though it says it's supposed to increase them by 1.
@JamesJose7 I'm certain you'd have to finish every story quest up to that point including the fight with Thunder Serpent Narwa, and possibly the three elders as well. (Beyond HR 7, and defeat Kushala, Teostra and Chameleos.) I had all those done already and when I did the update, the final boss fight was available as soon as I loaded my game.
@JamesJose7 Yes the story continues in the hub. I think hr20 was the hunt that preludes this dlc.
Gotta love that level of support
@Dm9982 @puddinggirl thank you two! yeah I triple check and get nothing. I bought the standard version, I don't bother for the visual stuff, but I pre-ordered thinking about the novice talisman and I don't get it.
@puddinggirl @Dm9982 in fact I was wrong. I did talk to the cat, but I did before and he only told me he have something important to say. I thought it would be in the chest, but it wasn't. Now everything is fine. The only thing I still don't ger it is when I accepted the talisman I received a message saying it was assigned to this character. The content is for one time only, if I restart playing I'll lose the bonus?
If you don't like playing multiplayer or don't want to pay for Nintendo online I still recommend trying the hub quests solo. As long as you're prepared in advance for the monsters you're going to fight you shouldn't have too big an issue getting to Narwa. Then again sometimes being a gunner feels like ez mode so if you're struggling maybe try that class.
@RCGamer ok I know what you’re talking about now. The talisman is under your equipment in the box. You’re not missing much and gets outclassed once you can meld your own charms in high rank.
The bonus also came with Layered Armor for Palico and Palamute, so if you have those but not the talisman, you might have sold the talisman on accident (I’ve done it in previous MH games, easy to do).
I’m not sure on the one time thing, but likely yeah, if you make a new char it won’t be on there. But again, the talisman gets outclassed fast in HR, and you won’t be using it at all in the end. I comes with Crit Eye 1 (5% crit chance) and Wirebug Whisper 1.
Very few builds use WW, and Crit Eye is outclassed by Attack Up and Weakness Exploit. Also the talisman does not have slots, so you can’t add skills to it.
Chameleos is locked behind HR20
Kushala Daora is locked behind HR30
Teostra Urgent is locked behind HR40
Valstrax is locked behind HR100?
New combat locale?
@Mountain_Man Probably the "arena" for the final story boss added in the update.
That could explains the size of the update compared to 2.0 despite featuring less new monsters(unless some stuff was sneaked as well in "inactive" fashion meant to be "turned on" at later date such as event quests coming this summer as mentionned by the roadmap that we should expect notable event/collab-event quests throughout the summer and into Fall).
I'd be curious about a datamine of the update tbh.
@Grim @ATaco @Dualmask ooooh thank you very much. I have a slower pace in my hub progress because I only play it with a friend on weekends. Great to know there's more story in the hub. Makes sense since I remember there was a cutscene on the first rampage quest from the hub. Thanks again!
Tap here to load 18 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...