The first paid DLC for Lonely Mountains: Downhill is now available on Nintendo Switch, celebrating a major milestone for the game with some very welcome new content.
Called 'Eldfjall Island', the DLC adds brand new challenges across four trails, with new outfits, paint jobs, and accessories to unlock along the way. It's the "biggest and most versatile mountain" added to the game so far according to the development team, and also comes with new special effects like thunderstorms and an active volcano.
- Four new trails with new challenges and resting spots
- New special effects: Ride through a Thunderstorm and navigate alongside an erupting volcano
- Satisfy your inner Viking and unlock unique outfits, helmets, and paint jobs
- Upgrade your existing outfits with the new pro helmet
- Complete your fashion style with new unlockable backpacks
- Make your name famous on the leaderboards!
The DLC arrives as the game reaches its first anniversary (it first launched on 23rd October 2019 on other platforms, before coming to Switch earlier this year). It also recently surpassed 1.2 million total players.
Eldfjall Island is available to download from the eShop right now for $5.99 / €5.99. We gave the base game a mightily high score of 9/10 in our review, so you can be sure that you'll have a good time if you decide to dive in.