Meridium Games has announced that a physical boxed edition of 2019's Pang Adventures — dubbed the "Buster Edition" — will be arriving on Switch in "Q1 2021". It'll be available in retail stores in Europe and Australia, although there's no specific word on North American distribution at the moment.
The boxed version — which is releasing for PS4 at the end of November — features a reversible sleeve (as you can see above), a "retro styled survival manual", and some stickers and will set yo back £24.99 / €29.99 / £24.99.
The game — an update of the 2-player arcade classics which also went by the name Buster Bros. — was developed by Dotemu and released for Switch at the very start of 2019. It sees you taking control of two brothers charged with saving the world (natch) from an alien invasion which mostly consists on raining deadly attack balls (ahem) down on humankind.
Here are some details from the PR blurb, plus some screenshots of the Switch version to jog your memory — January 2019 feels like much further away than it is, right?...
- 3 different ball-popping modes
- Tour Mode: Fightback the alien forces, one location at a time!
- Score Attack: Save the world with only 3 lives and NO CONTINUES! A real arcade experience.
- Panic Mode: Bust balls like a legend! 99 levels of continuous battles will put your skills to the ultimate test.
- Local Co-op: Adventures are best shared! The couch co-op feature is available in every game mode, allowing friends and family to team up and save the world!
- More than 100 levels scattered throughout Antarctica, Scotland, Death Valley, Bora Bora... each location with its own unique tricks and twists!
- The Pang brothers have upgraded their gear since the last alien invasion: machine guns, flamethrowers, lasers, shurikens…you name it, they've got it!
We enjoyed the game when we reviewed it, welcoming the addition of online play and calling it "a tense and instantly enjoyable ode to a timeless arcade romp". And soon it'll be available in physical form — lovely!
Have you been waiting for a physical Pang on Switch? You haven't been waiting in vain — let us know below if you'll be picking this up next year.