It's now been just over a month since Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition was released on the Switch. At launch, it received two updates - containing a lot of fixes, and now, version 1.1.2 has been rolled out.
Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo's official support page:
Ver. 1.1.2 (Released July 8, 2020)
- Changing the Tutorial notifications in Notification Settings to Don’t Notify will now cause recommendations to try Casual Mode to not appear.
- This can be set through Options → Notification Settings and setting Tutorials to Don’t Notify.
- Some of the “!” icons appearing on the area map and in the field while using Travel Guidance can now be disabled. Disabling them will remove them from enemies and collectibles concerning the quest, however they will still appear above the quest-giving NPC as usual.
- This can be set through Options → Display Settings and setting Travel Guidance to Hide.
- Starting a New Game Plus after lowering character levels in the New Game Plus Settings could cause the number of Affinity Coins held to decrease. If this has occurred, loading save data will apply the correct amount.
- Starting a New Game Plus after lowering character levels in the New Game + Settings would result in more Skill Links being active than Affinity Coins available for them. If this has occurred, removing Skill Links so that they are lower than the number of Affinity Coins will cause them to function as usual. Additionally, Skill Links can be removed with the + Button.
- Fixed the attack-interval value during battle for some characters (Shulk, Reyn, and Nene are unaffected). The attack intervals while affected by Slow will slow down and quicken while affected by Haste—making it easier to sense when affected by Haste/Slow.
- Fixed an issue after a boss fight in Chapter 16 where three-slot weapons would become two-slot weapons, with all equipped gems being removed.
- Fixed an issue where switching the BGM between Arranged and Original in the options during certain event scenes wouldn’t affect the song “Engage the Enemy.”
- "Engage the Enemy" can be changed with Toggle Field BGM in the Options.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when closing the quest-clear dialogue during the quest Clearing Obstructions after Reyn’s level rose to 16 after beating three Zealous Arachnos.
- Fixed a lockup that sometimes occurred when battling Nero Andos.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable when attempting to trade with an NPC who disappeared due to the passage of time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable when falling off a ledge just before seeing a vision from a collectible.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable after finishing a battle while unconscious.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when changing gems or the time on the main menu during the interval in the last battle.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when bringing up information dialogue while pressing the – Button to call up Help at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused characters to be in the topple status when an event scene and a vision prompted by a collectible item would occur at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the quest to become unacceptable when changing to a different event or changing the time while talking to a quest-giving NPC.
- Fixed an issue where if the controlled character were cheered up and HP were restored at the same time they lost consciousness, they would lose consciousness with that amount of HP remaining.
- Fixed an issue where Travel Guidance wouldn’t display correctly during the quest Monado Replica 5.
- Fixed an issue where selecting Arts simultaneously with being dazed would cause the character to be stuck in the fainting motion.
- Fixed an issue where accepting a quest with the Weapon Development Lab as its destination would cause the Travel Guidance route not to appear.
- Fixed an issue where loading an autosave file after hearing a quest-acceptance conversation would cause quest progress already seen to return to that before having heard the conversation.
- Fixed an issue that caused battles with Gentle Mother Armu, Baby Armus, and Deluded Ignas to be disengaged too easily.
- Fixed an issue where changing the controlled character while climbing a wall would cause the character to fall through the wall.
- Fixed an issue where the BGM wouldn’t play during certain event scenes.
- Fixed an issue where in Chapter Nine, while the Mechon soldiers do battle with the Laias on Prison Island, viewing Prison Island from Eryth Sea would show the battle effects, but they weren’t visible from Imperial Capitol Alcamoth.
- Fixed an issue that caused leveling up after defeating an enemy with a Chain Attack to cause the numeric display of the level to appear strange.
- Although the added damage would function properly, fixed an issue that caused the damage displayed on screen to appear 256 points lower than the actual value when the additional damage value of added attack gems would surpass 256.
As you can see, there are even more fixes in version 1.1.2 than the previous patches. Have you downloaded this update yet? Noticed anything else? Tell us down below.
So no more level 50 in the first hour.
Update hmm.. thought it was more...upgrade graphics...?
A truly brilliant game
This is my third time playing this gem, and I'm absolutely loving it. Taking in the enhancements on the Switch has allowed me to see a lot more details that I completely missed on both the Wii and 3DS, particularly when it comes to the sense of scale in the environments. Being able to see further into the distance and take in more detail of the towering elements above you (particularly during a thunderstorm) just feels so much more overwhelming now than it did before, even more than when it was in 3D.
I don't have as much gaming time as I used to with my plate full of personal projects, but I'm in no rush to finish this game. I want it to last.
I was noticing unique enemies running off half way through the battle, ending it and regaining health. Glad it's getting fixed.
Had it since launch, played it for 10 minutes 😂
@ritouf I feel the opposite when it comes to combat, but hey, both are really great games (even though i have yet to finish XC1, but im close to the end i think)!
@Slowdive Damn, wish I had your fire. I'm playing it and I can't understand any of the hype.
Need to get back into it; I went away after discovering a side quest where you can choose to give one of two items with the harder to find one resulting in a better outcome. Unfortunately, the game locks you into the route for whichever item you get first, even if before you access the quest.
I hear this has been like this since the original release though I guess I accessed the quest before getting enough items. Likely to just ignore the whole quest now as like 2 hrs since my last save.
@ritouf You took the words right out of my mouth... I'll thank you to return them when you are done, please.
Yeah XCDE Battle is just so much better,pacing is...natural... why on earth would they change it and make it so darn convoluted, disjointed for XC2?
I've been feeling it for almost 50 hours now and I love it, but i really wish to finish it before Paper Mario release.
The only thing that bugs me about this game is the inconsistent difficulty. In one moment I'm blasting through the enemies with no problem, the next I get smashed before even killing one enemy of the group.
The graphics look fine to me.
Fair enough fella, anymore good advice?.
I would admit I would have liked more resolution, but it's a nice upgrade overall, which goes beyond a simple graphical upgrade, by the way this is just my personal opinion so feel free to disagree.
@johnvboy dont bother answering him. Haters gonna hate, I‘m Not even sure he owns the Game
I wholeheartedly agree, this guy only ever comments to be negative. We all have opinions sure, but his input has always been questionable at best.
Any news about them trying to improve the handheld resolution?? Or these guys don't care about these things neither??
I loved it on Wii, an awesome game yes, but if I play it again will be totally in handheld mode. No way I'm paying full price for having the same resolution as Xenoblade 2, not for just a remaster...
Eagerly waiting for their next big game, though. Hope it's that medieval fantasy RPG they showed long ago.
@the_beaver it´s the same engine as XC2, so if there is no update for XC2 I wouldn´t expect one for XCDE
And I hope they keep the setting mixed! Compared to Final Fantasy I have to say that the games with modern Setting like 7 and 8 are still my favorite!
Stuck 130 hours into this and thoroughly enjoyed it.
"Fixed new Tephra Cave skip (I think)."
As a software developer I absolutely love the "(I think)". Definitely been there.
@the_beaver TBH this game looked better in hand held than XC2. Torna also looked better in handel than XC2. In fact, I don't know when you played XC2 but it definitely looked better a few months after release.
I think XC DE looks best because it's not trying to do as much as XC2 (simpler textures, less characters on screen fighting at the same time, etc.)
After I’m done with this one. I’m going to break out my WiiU and play X over again. I just have to buy reading glasses so I can read the text. This is one of my all time favorite series.
@dane62 that's good to know. In fact, Torna improved a lot, so if it's for real that this looks better than Torna, I'd be pleased.
@Joriss I played the original and beat all the endgame super bosses...and I can't even play this for more than a few minutes before getting bored. My tastes really have changed.
I've encountered the unique enemies running away a time or two. Cowards.
55 hours in and absolutely loving my first experience with this game. I'm on Chapter 13 but have taken a brief break from the plot to work on Colony 6...now that I know how to advance a few things lol.
@SwitchForce Graphics are fine, what are you on about?
@ritouf I agree, I was so hype for XC2 but everything about it was meh, the characters, the overly anime looks, the combat. Music was good tho.
"Fixed new Tephra Cave skip (I think)."
That's not very encouraging.
almost 200 hours in. Currently playing FC. I love the story, I love the combat, I love the characters, the world, I love this entire game. I have no doubt in my mind that XC3 will have some connection to 1 and 2 in some way, cannot wait when that's announce
One day after I finished the game 😅
Although I had zero complaints with the experience, and still got to start the new extra content.
Trees still static then?
Yeah! So many of the inconsistencies that made the game annoying are fixed! Nice!
I'm a bit confused. I'd I turn Travel Guidance to " Hide", it now hides both the yellow dots AND any of my exclamation points. I just want to hide the yellow dot. Did they just f this game up or is this a bug? I want to know where the collectibles are but I don't want the story destination to be pointed out to me.
I did notice the issue with Gentle Mother Armu disengaging combat, but I assumed that was an intentional mechanic and the gimmick was that you needed to kill her quickly before she forced disengage. Perhaps it was intended, but just felt really janky and glitchy due to how it worked so they decided to remove the mechanic anyway.
@johnvboy To be honest, to say the original version was made for 2 gamecubes celotaped together, it's bloody gorgeous. The HD version simply polishes it. It's quite sad when folk can't use their imagination if graphics aren't to a certain standard. I mean, I play stuff like this to escape realism lol.
I would understand if it was just a lazy remaster, but it looks like they have put a lot of effort into this, of course some will never see past the resolution.
I've recently come up against an issue during Future Connected that forces controller rumble to stay on permanently. Has anyone else experienced this?
"Update hmm.. thought it was more...upgrade graphics...?"
REPLY: Graphics are fine.
Wish they would have fixed the quest in Frontier Village where you get the option to collect 4 (walnuts?) Or 2 Bitter Kiwis and if you already have the walnuts it automatically forces you down that path. I've left that quest incomplete in the hope they would fix it.
Not sure where all these complaints about graphics are coming from. The remaster is a massive improvement upon the original and 3DS version in terms of visuals.
Enjoying the game, glad to see a large swipe of updates to adjust QOL in gameplay. Not sure what they call it, but using WoW terms, I am eternally grateful for the Quest Helper lines/icons. I hope this IP gets expanded on more for future games.
@MajinSoul but the trees don't move in this version...
@Slowdive I Have the original on the Wii with red controller but I never really gotten into the game Due to having bad eyesight and a crummy TV at the time but going back to the Wii itself is a bit harrowing.
I like games like Tales of Berseria, Dragon Quest VIII and XI, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma and a few FF titles but other than that not a HUGE JRPG nerd.
Is this game worth full price?
In the updates since launch have they fixed the draw distance on the grass? That is the only real problem I have with the game. Just looks odd.
Graphics look fine to me as well.
@ritouf total opposite for me. I adore XBC2’s combat. It’s so good. I love it. I love it.
I love it.
Far too much smut and women with ridiculously large chests in XC2. I was embarrassed playing it in front of the missus and she's a gamer who loves Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc.
XC(DE) doesn't resort to titillation, although Sharla could do with a breast reduction.
@Julien that’s true. It was rather juvenile. I don’t go for that stuff myself, but the game was so much fun that I became desensitized to it.
@LUIGITORNADO I still enjoyed it, although the convoluted quests felt a lot more of a chore.
I just couldn't play it in front of the missus as made me feel uncomfortable.
Good thing I did the level 50 glitch before they removed it.
@Julien mine rolled he eyes, and I just shrugged. Haha
They still didn't animate the trees?!
Tap here to load 51 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...