7Levels has today lifted the lid on a brand new twin-stick shooter heading exclusively to Nintendo Switch. The best news? It'll be available from next week.
Called Destrobots, the game revolves around three core actions - move, spin, and shoot - with players trying to wipe out their opponents by mastering each ability. Matches are said to be "fast-paced, challenging, and fun," and you'll also be dealing with traps and power-ups that can quickly turn the tide in battle.
Make sure to check out the new trailer to see the game in action, but we also have a quick blurb and feature list for you below:
Move, spin, shoot, repeat – until all the power-ups belong to you, your rivals are left behind defeated and covered in shame, and you’re the champion of the leaderboards! Just remember, the rules of fair play don’t apply here. But if unfair play is your middle name, then you’re in the right place, with the right console in hand, and definitely the right game to play!
DESTROBOTS MAIN FEATURES
- EASY TO PICK UP – Move, shoot, and spin to defeat your rivals.
- ARCADE FUN – Simple rules, game-changing power-ups, trap-ridden battle arenas, and non-stop action.
- GET COMPETITIVE – Destroy your friends in local multiplayer Deathmatch and Last Man Standing modes for up to 4 players.
- TAKE ON THE HORDE – Fight against relentless hordes of Destrobots alone or in 2-player co-op and go for the high score.
- THE WORLD AND BEYOND – Unleash your shooting skills across 36 arenas set in beautiful and often surprising places, from a serene farm to a pirate ship and even the moon!
Destrobots will launch on Nintendo Switch exclusively on 18th June, so we really don't have long to wait to check it out for ourselves. It'll be priced at $9.99.
What do you think? One to keep an eye on next week? Let us know if you're tempted to give it a go with a comment below.