The game, which originally launched on Steam back in 2019, has you setting off on an otherworldly adventure filled with deadly enemies and an ever-trustworthy robot sidekick, Buddy. You can instantly see how it channels the likes of Metroid and other 2D sidescrolling adventures in the new trailer above, and it's all looking rather pretty to us.
It's been developed over the course of seven years and has received positive user reviews on Steam. Here's an official description and feature list:
Enter Bahlam, a sunken city of the Old Gods, located deep in the South Atlantic Ocean. In the wake of a shipwreck, adventurer and maritime archaeologist Nikolay Bernstein regains consciousness 36,000 feet under the sea. He is severely wounded and unwillingly connected to a supernatural Buddy-unit. Searching for answers about his displacement, Nikolay digs deep into the lost undercity, gradually realizing an ominous presence lurking in its shadowed caverns.
- 2D Side-scrolling ‘Metroid-like’ adventure
- Explore an open Lovecraftian fantasy labyrinth with five huge distinct areas
- Evolve characters with a non-linear gear-based progression system
- Sandbox-like freedom to develop speed-techs
- Unique drone ‘Buddy’ unit with local co-op option
- Epic and creative boss battles that stand out within the genres
- Original soundtrack by OGRE
- Optimized performance for smooth gameplay with 60 FPS throughout
- MS-DOS style pixel art with distortion-free adoptive scaling
More specific information on the game is set to be revealed at the upcoming Guerrilla Collective Event, taking place from 6th - 8th June.
Are you liking the look of this one? Will you be keeping an eye out for it on Switch? Let us know with a comment below.