Update (Wed 27th May, 2020 17:00 BST): Today's the day, folks! Dead Cells' Bestiary Update is now live on Nintendo Switch and other platforms. It brings new affixes, achievements, enemies, outfits, and more, all of which can be found in the full patch notes posted in our original article below.
Make sure to update your game to the latest version to enjoy all of these new additions and let us know how you get on with a comment!
Original Article (Thu 23rd Apr, 2020 10:00 BST): Another free update for Dead Cells is headed our way next month, and Motion Twin and Evil Empire have now released patch notes detailing everything we can expect to arrive alongside it.
The update, called the 'Bestiary Update', went live on PC yesterday. Switch owners will have to be a little bit more paitent, but it sounds like it'll be worth the wait. Here's an easy-to-follow version of all the changes:
Dead Cells - Bestiary Update
- Six brand new enemies await players
- Three of the enemies are biome specific and three are found throughout various levels at different Boss Cells
- Eleven new affixes on active skills
- Eight new normal affixes including ice, fire, bleed or poison, grenades arrows and more
- Three new starred affixes including oil and fire spreading around when a deployable trap is destroyed, pushing enemies around you when the effect of hte used active ends and extended duration on powers like Wings, Crow and Smokebomb
- Two new items
- Crowbar - a fast brutality weapon that crits after breaking a door or a breakable prop
- Portable Door: allows you to bring a door with you (covering your back while you take care of the mobs in front of you and allowing for an elegant stun effect when you decide to turn around)
- The Bad Seed addition from earlier this year has received new lore rooms and secrets for the Arboretum and the Morass, as well as new mobs to re-balance the bestiary of the level.
- Three new outfits cap off the major content updates
- Two are linked to the secrets and lore of The Bad Seed DLC, and one is available for everyone that can rise up to the ultimate challenge.
An even more exhaustive list of changes and updates is also available on the official Dead Cells website. We warn you, though, it's a very lengthy read.
Think this will make you jump right back in for more Dead Cells action? Tell us below.