Harmonix is really hyping this one up to be something special; an admittedly fancy trailer has been shared (see above), and a press release describes the game as both a "revolutionary new music gaming experience" and "the next evolution of interactive music gaming".
The game lets players "seamlessly" blend vocals, bass lines, and other instrumentation from a number of different music genres and artists, enabling them to perform and create sharable mixes. The soundtrack features some of the world's top current artists like Billie Eilish, The Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, Lil Nas X, Post Malone, and more.
16 of the 100+ song soundtrack has been revealed so far:
Songs included in FUSER:
- 50 Cent – “In Da Club”
- Billie Eilish – “bad guy”
- Blue Öyster Cult – “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”
- The Chainsmokers ft. Daya – “Don’t Let Me Down”
- The Clash – “Rock the Casbah”
- Fatboy Slim – “The Rockafeller Skank"
- Imagine Dragons – “Thunder”
- J. Balvin & Willy William – “Mi Gente”
- Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
- Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road (Remix)”
- Lizzo – “Good As Hell”
- LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock – “Party Rock Anthem”
- Migos – “Stir Fry”
- Post Malone – “Better Now”
- Smash Mouth – “All Star”
- Warren G & Nate Dogg – “Regulate”
There's a campaign, freestyle play, online multiplayer and a 'social sharing' feature to be enjoyed, and no peripheral is required. It's set to launch on Switch and other platforms later this year. We'll leave you with this statement provided by Harmonix CEO, Steve Janiak:
"With FUSER, we are delivering the ultimate music fantasy as a game. Music today is an experience. It’s not just people listening to albums any more – it’s recording and sharing videos of you singing along to your favourite songs, watching your favourite bands play at festivals, and sharing hit music with your friends. FUSER puts players at the centre of all that by letting you mix and share some of the biggest hits on your way to becoming a festival headliner."