Launching today on Nintendo Switch is Mable & The Wood, a Metroidvania which offers players free reign and multiple endings to discover.
In the game, players are tasked with hunting down massive beasts and, upon destroying them, shapeshifting into their form to use their power to save or destroy the world. Players on the less violent end of the scale can find secret paths to complete the game without killing anything, including bosses; those who want to get stuck in with a little more aggression can take that path instead.
Unlike most Metroidvanias, Mable & The Wood doesn't let you run, jump or kill enemies on your own. Instead, you'll have to use non-human forms to attack creatures and traverse through difficult challenges. We'll have our full review of the game for you soon enough, so make sure to keep an eye out for that on the site.
- Free Reign – Players are free to make decisions on how they play and what they slay.
- Combat is Movement - Mable isn’t strong enough to lift her magical sword, so she must use it in unique ways to help move through the world. Players can use non-human forms to harm enemies for a limited time, but vanquishing creatures extends her power.
- Hunt Great Beasts and Take Their Shape - Defeat the great beasts to take their abilities and transform into a giant mole, medusa, spider and more.
- Explore a Dying World - A large and varied fantasy world, brought to life with state-of-the-art pixel technology and a beautiful original soundtrack.
- Multiple Endings – Mable features different routes to take through the world and secrets to discover that provide players with multiple endings.
As the article's title suggests, you can actually go ahead and download the game at 10% off for a limited time. The standard price of $14.99 / £13.49 will be slashed up until 23rd October.
What do you think? Will you be giving it a go? Let us know in the usual place.