Away: Journey to the Unexpected was first teased way back when the Switch was first launching into the world, being listed in an infographic which aimed to show a selection of indie games heading to the console in 2017. Now, though, we've been treated to a brand new trailer to show off some of the title's gameplay. Check it out above.
The game is described as a "feel-good first-person adventure game" combining action, negotiation, and rogue-lite elements inside an anime-inspired art style package. You’re not a fighter or a hero in this one, but you are great at making friends and many of the colourful characters you meet in-game - from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities - can be recruited to fight alongside you. Your job is to convince them to join your cause.
- Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
- A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
- A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
- A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
- Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack
We've got some work-in-progress screenshots for you to check out below:
The game is expected to land on Nintendo Switch in Q1 2019.
Do you like the look of this one? Are you thinking of giving it a go when it arrives on Switch next year? Tell us below.