The Pokémon Company has shared the tiniest of teases confirming that Generation 4 Pokémon are headed to the ever-popular Pokémon GO.
Fans have been asking for the next generation of monsters - which originally appeared in Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - for quite a while now, and the most observant players have also noticed that we should be receiving the new collection soon (if previous trends and generations gaps are anything to go buy). Sure enough, they were right.
On top of this, several tweaks to game balance will also be introduced. Here are all the changes you can expect to notice:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
No extra details surrounding the exact release date for the next generation has been confirmed just yet, so make sure to keep checking back for more information. We'll make sure to update you when we know more.
Are you ready for a whole new adventure?