La Moutarde's crazy rhythm game Old School Musical is out today on Switch, and the developer has shared yet another bonkers trailer to celebrate.
If you missed the news last month, this game is aiming to send players back to the golden years of the 8-Bit era. The main protagonists, Tib and Rob, have been trained to become video game heroes, but on one fateful day, their game becomes corrupted by a bug invasion. Thanks to this, our heroes embark on a rather surreal journey to find their missing mother and save childhood games for good.
You'll be swinging a crowbar, shooting with your spacecraft, and defeating an evil chicken army to the beat of a chiptune soundtrack, with 50 tracks composed specifically for the game. We've been provided with a slightly updated feature list, so feel free to check that out below.
- Looney Story Mode: Lead Tib and Rob on crazy adventures filled with humor and 8-bit nostalgia
- Arcade Mode: Reach the highest score and challenge your friends (if you have any)
- Challenge Mode: Play it hard with visual and audio penalties to unlock new music tracks
- Over 50 chiptune tracks by the best of the chiptune scene: Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko, Le Plancton
- Travel through 20+ retro levels, inspired by many favorite classic old-school games
- Local multiplayer mode supporting up to 4 players
- A rebellion led by chickens, yes you heard us correct, 32 angry chickens to be exact!
As mentioned above, the game is available today on Switch for the price of $12.99 / €12.99.
Have the chickens persuaded you to give the game a cheeky purchase? Let us know if you'll be trying this one out for size below.