Team17 has announced that The Escapists: Complete Edition will be tunnelling its way to a release on Switch later this year.
This new release of the sandbox prison-escape game is set to be the most content-packed version so far, including all the prisons from the base game and nine additional bonus maps - with one which has never previously been released on console, Fhurst Peak. Elsewhere, the gameplay is the same as we already know and love, with players needing to work around a strict prison schedule while avoiding the unwanted attention of guards.
We awarded The Escapists 2 a 'great' 8/10 when it launched on Switch at the start of the year so we're naturally excited to see an even bigger entry to the series headed our way. Here's what we had to say the last time around.
"The Escapists 2 is an ingenious, multi-layered clockwork sandbox that offers you a wide range of routes to freedom. Its tough demands and myriad competing systems can lead to frustration, but a winning sense of humour and knock-about fun always brings you back for another jailbreak attempt."
If you're thinking of treating yourself to an upgrade, or if you're thinking of escaping for the very first time, you may want to check out this list of features that will be present in this new release.
The Escapists: Complete Edition features:
- 15 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp, this is the most content-packed version of The Escapists ever released on console
- Includes all DLC packs – Alcatraz, Escape Team, Duct Tapes are Forever, Santa’s Sweatshop and Fhurst Peak Correctional Facility which was previously exclusive to the PC release
- Multiple ways to escape - A variety of different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 different jobs - Take on prison jobs to fund your fiendish plans, including laundry, janitor, metal shop, kitchen, tailor, deliveries and gardener
- Deep crafting system - Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
The Escapists: Complete Edition will be available to download on Switch "later this year".
Do you dig it? Let us know if you'll be plotting a new escape with a comment below.