Wales Interactive has announced The Shapeshifting Detective for Nintendo Switch with an expected release window of "Q4 2018".
The game is a supernatural, noir, murder mystery FMV, created by the team behind The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker. Dorota Shaw is dead, and the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s up to you to find out what else they know, but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone. Luckily, your shapeshifting ability means that you can be anyone you want to be - even the next victim.
Your shapeshifting detective skills will allow you to unlock secret conversations and take part in private encounters, and a randomly chosen murder mechanic means that you can replay the game over and over. We were left slightly unimpressed by The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker, saying that it "fails to find a consistent tone or fully engage the player in its story" in our review, so hopefully we'll see a more refined experience this time around.
Here's a full list of features:
- 1600+ full HD FMV videos
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore
- Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself
- Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability
- In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits
- Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers
- Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors
Have you been enjoying the Switch's recent collection of FMV titles? Will this one be added to your wishlist? Tell us down below with a comment.