Mario Tennis Aces was finally released to the world on Switch on 22nd June, and if these Japanese sales figures are anything to go by, it seems to have already been a pretty big success.
According to data provided by Media Create, Mario's latest Tennis adventure racked up an impressive 123,774 sales in its opening week. This has more than doubled the number of copies sold by Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash on Wii U which managed around 55,000 units in its first week, and has also outsold Mario Tennis Open on Nintendo 3DS which sold 102,000 units. These sales mean that the game has reportedly sold through 75% of its initial shipment to stores, too, so Nintendo will no doubt be planning to deliver more stock to retailers soon.
It was another good week all round for Nintendo, with eight of the top ten games being Switch titles. Minecraft was the next best-selling Switch game thanks to a new physical edition release, generating 61,764 sales, but the company's evergreen titles are still going just as strong as ever. Here's the top ten:
1) Mario Tennis Aces, Nintendo [Switch] 123,774
2) New Gundam Breaker (incl. Limited Edition), BANDAI NAMCO [PS4] 63,790
3) Minecraft, Microsoft [Switch] 61,764
4) Splatoon 2 (incl. version with Switch), Nintendo [Switch] 14,747
5) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo [Switch] 10,296
6) Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo [Switch] 6,720
7) Fate/Extella Link (incl. Limited Edition), Marvelous [PS4] 6,499
8) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (incl. Limited Edition), Nintendo [Switch] 6,486
9) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Nintendo [Switch] 5,595
10) Super Mario Odyssey (incl. version with Switch), Nintendo [Switch] 5,136
Did you pick up a copy of Mario Tennis Aces? Have you enjoyed your time with the game so far?