Just recently the Japanese social media Splatoon accounts confirmed that Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 will come on 7th / 8th June, depending on time zones. That'll also arrive as part of an update to version 2.8.0, which will make some more adjustments to the game while also bringing new weapons and gear.
Nintendo's issued a changelog, as follows:
New weapons and gear
- Nine new weapons added, available in the weapon shop Ammo Knights
- Please note: the new weapons and gear will appear in the shop following the release of the software update.
- Two new kinds of gear added, available in the shop
Weapon and ability adjustments
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and abilities. Click here for more information. (310 kB)
- Arowana Mall: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
- Camp Triggerfish: Adjustment for detecting when you have brought the Rainmaker too far back towards your own starting area
- Piranha Pit: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Fixes for issues in battles
- Fixes an issue where players could jump higher than usual by touching an opponent's Splash Wall
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user's experience and enjoyment
Some interesting tweaks there, and it perhaps speaks to the ingenuity of online players that Nintendo is still having to adjust stages to cut off shortcuts, while weapon aficionados will no doubt take a good look at the PDF that outlines weapon changes.
Will you be jumping into some Splatoon matches when the update goes live?