Gems? More like paste.
The term "arcade" has seemingly come to be synonymous with a game that has a "pick-up-and-play" feel to it, just as arcade games of old. Of course the motivation of manufacturers of these arcade machines was to encourage players to drop coins on games they hadn't seen before, in the hopes they would enjoy...
Catching up with North America
It seems pretty much all the releases featured this week have already been seen in North America, though there is something new in the form of some additional DLC for Mega Man 10 and Simply Solitaire for the DSi. Since some of these releases only came out Monday in North America we don't have reviews up for them all...
Arcade minis, puzzling and fighting on Wii; driving, tower defence, shooting and more on DSi
Whilst the Wii has the usual 3-release week (two WiiWare and one Virtual Console) the DSi has six new releases this week in North America – whew! Also of note is the next entry in the WarioWare D.I.Y. Big Name Game series, this time from Edmund McMillen of...
Welcome to 5 Arcade Gems, a collection of five wacky arcade games. You can play alone or together with your friends – you will definitely find something for your taste, be it a medieval knights game or ultra-modern space shooter.
- Compete with other knights to beat the Evil Wizard's challenge in Templar Bashing.
- No hazard gets in the way of the dutiful Pizza Jungle Delivery company, not even the fierce savages who won't tip!
- Outsmart your competitors in RC Buggy Madness.
- Demonstrate your skills and reflexes in Lumberjack Trials.
- And of course, no adventure is complete without some deep space alien-bursting action in Whirling Rangers.