Despite its only competitor in the basketball sim arena being dormant for the past few years, the NBA 2K series has continued to march forward year after year enjoying fan and critical acclaim thanks to its constant improvement with each franchise iteration. The series finally makes the bounce pass to a Nintendo console, and hoops fans...
Hoopin' and hollerin'
NBA 2K13 has been available in North America since the very start of the Wii U's existence. Europe had to wait a little longer to shoot some hoops, with the game being released earlier this month. Europe has also had to wait longer for a demo, something that's been in the North American Wii U eShop for a while. Well worry not...
Crashing mobs, mysterious mahjong, more zombies and basketball
It's another week of download news for Europe, this time arriving just in time to brighten up our Mondays. This week covers every platform; the 3DS receives a wacky match-three puzzle game as well as something a little more conventional, zombies infest DSiWare and the home consoles bring...
Deer hunting, dino pets, biorhythms and world heroes
It's Nintendo Download update time, and this week's arrivals possibly represent the quirkiest collection of offerings in quite a while. Every platform gets something new — if Wii U demos count — while the handheld platforms have a strong focus on catching, hunting, caring for and picnicking...
The smell of sweet success
Senior Producer of NBA 2K13 Rob Jones has said that in many ways the Wii U version of the hit basketball title is "superior" to versions on other platforms - which is quite impressive considering it's also been released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. He explains that the newest addition to the Nintendo console...
Is it the shoes?
2K Sports has slam-dunked a Developer Insight video for its upcoming NBA 2K13 for the Wii U. The video pays particular attention to hilariously-titled Gatorade Biometric Scanner. This feature allows you to quickly view your player's fatigue level and see whether they're hot or cold; all this can be done simply by holding the...
Trine 2, Skylanders Giants, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken 2, NBA 2K13 and Sonic Racing
During this week we've been giving first impressions and hands on accounts of a number of Wii U launch window titles, both retail and downloadable. Nintendo of Europe provided access to a wide range of games we haven't yet covered, however, including some additional...
Oh, he's gonna run this game
If you want to gain some street credibility for your new game, maybe the way to go is to hire a multi-million selling hip-hop star as executive producer: yep, that might do it. It's been confirmed that executive producer of upcoming Wii and Wii U title NBA 2K13 will be rap royalty JAY Z, who's had almost as many hits as...
Crash the boards
2K's highly acclaimed NBA 2K series is on the way to Wii U. NBA 2K13 is coming to the system during its launch period, which could be any time from release to three months later based on the launch period for past consoles. The simulation — which is also coming to Wii on 2nd October — is one of the top-rated sports series so...
Ready to play some basketball?
As a launch title to Nintendo’s new Wii UNBA 2K13 will be the first choice for basketball fans on the new console.
- Gatorade Biometric Scan – Think you have a feel for how your player is performing? Think again. The Gatorade Biometrics display provides an up-to-the-second look at your player’s mood and fatigue level in the game. A persistent “heartbeat” and dynamic hot/cold zones will keep you in tune with your player’s psyche as the game progresses.
- A JAY Z Production – NBA 2K13 is produced by multi-platinum recording artist and hip-hop mogul JAY Z.
- USA Basketball – Finally answer the question: Who would win a head-to-head duel between the 1992 Dream Team and the 2012 squad?
- MyCAREER Mode – Build your MyPLAYER by giving him signature skills, and acquire your very own custom animations using Virtual Currency (VC). Includes all-new GM sit-down feature, new endorsement paths, improved in-game AI, and all-new swag including casual clothing, equipment, custom shoes and much more
- NBA 2K “MyTEAM” – Collect players, uniforms, arenas and boosts to put together your own team. Track the talent marketplace that fluctuates based on real-life performance, and then take your team online to play against other players’ MyTEAMS in a new tiered matchmaking system.
Improved Gameplay features, including such innovations as:
- The Control Stick: For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
- Dynamic Shot Generator: Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with all-new collision physics created in real-time.
- Signature Skills: Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modeled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a “Floor General” to Kevin Durant being “The Closer.” Learn to use each player’s unique ability and change the game on your terms.
- Revamped Passing System: Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go “Lob City” in transition.
- Shoe Creator- One of the most flexible interfaces ever allow the user to customize up to 45 shoe components and layers from the ground up. Create original shoes from all the major shoe brands and deck your player out with his own signature creation.
- Classic Teams – The best teams in NBA history are back, and can now be taken online. Challenge your friends with squads such as the ’96 Bulls and ’65 Celtics.