Does Namco's Klonoa remake manage to capture the magic of the original Playstation release?
Before true 3D platformers became all the rage, 2.5D platformers began showing up on Sony's Playstation console during the 32-bit era. These games featured 3D visuals, but kept the player on a 2D pathway through the game. This would allow developers the...
Is Bandai Namco up to something?
Update [Thu 23rd Dec, 2021 02:30 GMT]: Following on from last week, trademarks have now been filed in Canada on 17th December and Europe on 20th December for 'Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series' (via Gematsu). Update [Sat 18th Dec, 2021
Bandai Namco is up to something...
Update (Wed 18th Sep, 2019 03:15 BST): GoNintendo reveals the page listing for Klonoa on Wii was updated on Nintendo's UK website three days ago (see for yourself). Update: It would seem that Bandai Namco is planning t
Series creator has ideas for sequel but needs financial incentive.
Cartoony platformer Klonoa's Wiimake has enjoyed critical success, which must make Namco pleased as punch over the decision to resurrect the series. So does that mean sequels are imminent? That one falls under a big fat "maybe," as the series creator, Hideo Yoshizawa, told...
The remake of the classic Playstation platformer is coming to Wii
Playstation fans might remember that Klonoa: Door to Phantomile first made its appearance back on the original Playstation console in 1998. The game was a 2.5D side-scrolling platform title that featured a floppy-eared protagonist named Klonoa. The game featured some beautiful polygon...
Klonoa's long-awaited return offers vibrant graphics, motion control and new secrets to discover in this update to the series' debut adventure.
Highly revered as one of the best platform games of the past 10 years, Klonoa will ignite Wii owners' imaginations with addictive gameplay, exciting stages and a memorable story.
Help Klonoa save Phantomile, a land formed by the dreams of its inhabitants, and recently besieged by an unknown evil. Klonoa's breathtaking journey takes him through a series of increasingly difficult stages across multiple kingdoms as he strives to save his friends and homeland. Throughout his quest, Klonoa is aided by his friend Hewpoe, a benevolent spirit who resides in the ring from which Klonoa is able to fire his Wind Bullet. The Wind Bullet gives Klonoa the ability to grab and inflate his enemies and use them to his advantage.
- Unique Character and Level Designs – Cute, and quirky characters and beautifully detailed environments
- Enhanced Graphics – Gorgeous, vibrant, and completely redesigned graphics optimized for the Wii
- Fun and Challenging Gameplay Experience – Dozens of different enemies to beat in 14 adventure-filled levels
- Exclusive Reverse Mode – With bonus stages created especially for the Wii version of the game
- Multiple Controller Options – Players can choose whichever style suits them best, from the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk, Wii Remote only, Classic Controller, or even the GameCube™ controller
- New Controls Utilize the Wii's Motion Sensing Capabilities
- Use the Wind Bullet to capture enemies and toss them by swinging the Wii Remote
- Shake the nunchuk to activate a whirlwind that will spin and slow down enemies
With a simple move of the Wii Remote Klonoa can throw captured enemies to break obstacles, uncover hidden items or defeat other enemies. Klonoa can also use any enemy he is holding to perform a double jump which allows him to reach high ledges or jump across large pits. By moving the Nunchuk, Klonoa can use his whirlwind to slowdown approaching enemies. In addition to the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls, Klonoa offers a wide range of control options for any style of play, including Wii Remote only, Classic Controller and the Nintendo GameCube controller.