Sorry, no Roundguard review yet.
Sorry, no Roundguard screenshots yet.
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
We're almost at the end of May, and the "E3" build-up is beginning to kick in, which means that things have been a little steady in the world of video games. Three new NES and SNES games have appeared on NSO this week. A dancing Psyduck toy took the internet by storm. And
New mode, new bosses, new relics, new rules!
Peggle's great, but there aren't nearly enough things trying to eat you. Enter Roundguard, a "bouncy dungeon crawler" that combines the pinball physics of Peggle with the roguelikeitude of, well, Rogue. Roundguard has been out on Switch for a couple of years, but now it's getting a lick of paint with the...
Overpass! Langrisser I & II! Dead or School!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail eShop - New Releases: DEAD OR SCHOOL (£24.99 /...
La-Mulana! Overpass! R.B.I. Baseball 20!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Nintendo Switch: Dead Or School (Studio Nanafushi, Fri 13th...
"Intuitive pinball physics-based gameplay"
Launching later this week on Nintendo Switch is Roundguard, an indie roguelike that blends dungeon-crawling with gameplay inspired by Peggle. Described as "a bouncy, cartwheeling cascade of heroes and treasure", the game has players pinging themselves around monster-infested rooms in an attempt to reach...
Castle Springbottom is under attack! It's up to the Roundguard to save the king and — more importantly — recover his gold! Fling your hero into the face of danger and bounce off hordes of dangerously cute monsters to reach the bottom of the dungeon. With only one life, you'll need to learn how to navigate hazards, make strategic choices, and master your hero's skills if you hope to defeat the final boss. But don't worry, the Roundguard always bounces back!
- Bouncy Fun: Intuitive pinball-physics-based gameplay like no other dungeon crawler.
- Multiple Classes: Play as the Warrior, the Rogue, or the Wizard, each with their own unique skills, items, and cheeky sense of humor.
- Randomized Dungeon: Each time you play, levels are procedurally generated, and quest events and elite monsters are randomly placed.
- Permadeath with Benefits: When you die, you’ll have a chance to bring a special trinket with you on your next run. The more gold you grab, the better your chances to collect one of the most powerful trinkets.
- A Cast of Oddballs: Chat with the castle’s colorful cast to pick up quests and learn why some rats want their king dead, what’s irritating the local teenage skeleton today, or what the Warrior will do if you can’t get to a bathroom quickly enough.
- Lots of Loot: Over 100 items and trinkets, each with effects that present strategic choices and combo possibilities.
- Show Off Your Skills: Compete on the leaderboards and try to master all the challenging, rule-bending relics.