It's a wonderful day for rain
It’s always fascinating when a 2D game series makes the jump to the third dimension, as the developers are given the impossible task of keeping the gameplay more or less the same while also instituting huge change. Many franchises—such as the Sonic the Hedgehog and Castlevania series’—arguably fail to make the...
Risk of Rain 2 Guides
Every game from the 19th August 2019 presentation
Did you miss Nintendo's Indie World Showcase earlier today? No sweat - we've collected all of the trailers and announcements together for you in one handy place (with the entire presentation at the end). Whether you want to watch the whole thing or pick through for the stuff that looks interesting,...
About The Game
The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomised stages, enemies, bosses and items. Play solo or team up with up to three friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet.
With each run, you’ll learn the patterns of your foes, and even the longest odds can be overcome with enough skill.
A unique scaling system means both you and your foes limitlessly increase in power over the course of a game – what once was a boss fight will, in time, become a common enemy.
Myriad survivors, items, enemies, and bosses return to Risk of Rain 2, and many new ones are joining the fight. Brand new survivors like the Artificer and MUL-T debut alongside classic survivors such as the Engineer, Huntress and, of course, the Commando. With over 75 items to unlock and exploit, each run will keep you cleverly strategising your way out of sticky situations.
- Play four player co-op seamlessly online*
- Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
- Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
- Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
- Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
- Challenge your friends and the world in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard