The feathered arm of the law
Paris, 1848. Revolution is stirring. Murmurs of civil unrest hang heavy in the drawing rooms of the elite. Worst of all, a frog has been murdered. Enter Jayjay Falcon, a defence lawyer of the avian persuasion. Together with his bird-brained sidekick Sparrowson, he must gather evidence to defend his...
Grab your trilby and trench coat
Updated with Master Detective Archives: Rain Code and the wonderful Switch remaster of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. A decision that was, frankly, elementary... Everyone loves a good mystery, and even more so if they're the one who gets to solve it. The detective genre has evolved a great deal since its...
The Dark Crystal, Skellboy and Willy Jetman!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Nintendo Switch: Monster Energy Supercross - The Official...
Phar Lap!? Ash of Gods! Kentucky Route Zero!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail - New Releases: PHAR LAP - Horse Racing Challenge...
Start your new year with some new games
We've already seen a few exciting new games released on the system last week such as Dr Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch and later on this month, there'll be a few more to enjoy. The standout in January is the re-release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. It started out life in 2016 but didn't get...
No objection here
If you're a fan of lawyering and have burned through every case Phoenix Wright ever took on, there's a new attorney landing on Switch that you might take a fancy to, and he's looking to knock Mr Wright off his perch. Sketchy Logic's PC Wright-alike Aviary Attorney is migrating to Nintendo's console on 30th January in a rather...
Aviary Attorney is a dramatic and bizarre lawyering adventure game set in 19th century Paris. Through the role of Jayjay Falcon, bird-brained defense attorney, the player must travel around the city, interviewing animal witnesses and collecting evidence to prove their client's innocence. In court, scrutinizing witness testimonies and presenting the right evidence is key to securing a Not Guilty verdict.Aviary Attorney has a unique aesthetic thanks to the use of genuine 19th century lithographs for the character art and backgrounds and French romantic-era music for the soundtrack. The game also includes unique time mechanics, a myriad of Parisian landmarks to explore, and decisions that resonate through the whole story.
- Unique time mechanics. Falcon only has a few days before each trial, so every decision counts! Careless moves may cost the player vital pieces of evidence.
- Four connected chapters of talon-biting intrigue and suspense.
- Three fully fleshed-out endings. Decisions have consequences!
- A detailed overworld map of Paris with a myriad of famous landmarks to be explored. Knock on the doors of Notre-Dame! Loot the Louvre!
- Dozens of colorful NPCs to interact with, from a café-running dodo to a pedantic librarian donkey.
- Authentic 19th century character art provided by revered French caricaturist J. J. Grandville.
- A beautiful soundtrack composed by famous romantic-era composers such as Camille Saint-Saëns, Hector Berlioz, and Frédéric Chopin.
New Features for the Switch version (Definitive Edition)
- Beautifully re-scanned, re-edited, and re-drawn art to make the graphics the best they can possibly be. These beaks have never looked so sharp!
- Earn medals to show everyone you're the fanciest bird around.
- Visit the art gallery and see the characters in their natural habitats!
- Try the jukebox! Listen to the whole soundtrack in its 19th century glory!
- A new, dyslexic-friendly font and further accessibility improvements.