Review Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom - The Best Wonder Boy Game Yet, Even If It Lacks The Name
Is it any Wonder?
The hand-drawn 2D platformer has become such a common occurrence over the past couple of years that it might as well be a genre of its own. Since its launch, the Switch has seen its fair share of these, from Hollow Knight to Toki (the latter of which was released this week). One of the most notable examples of this was last...
About The Game
Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You'll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.
Sure, I'll be the first. I've played every western-released Monster Boy game and love the series! The recent Dragon's Trap remake was really well done. Hope for more wonder!
@FantasiaWHT I am hearing good things no reviews yet but previews sound positive. Is it worth the price tag though which is twice as much as the dragon's trap remake though?.
Dragons trap remake was great. I LOVE wonder boy in monster world on mega drive so hope this new game is as good. Monster world over with the female character lead is also exceptional, I only recently got it on the Wii eshop for the official English translation. Sooo good.
I just started playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom for a few hours and I really enjoy it! Great graphics and gameplay! I think it’s the best platformer of 2018!
I definitely seeing this as being overshadowed by the SSBU release 12/7... Regardless, this game is amazing! Gorgeous graphics and excellent soundtrack from me well known composers in the industry. Don't let this title.slip by you if you enjoy platformers! 😎
Definitely looking forward to playing this one. Looks absolutely terrific.
a 9 out of 10.
i realy liked what they did with the puzzles and secrets, and its caracters.
also beautifull handdrawed graphics and magical music.
Tap here to load 7 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...