- Number of Players
- Action, Sports
- Release Date
- 28th Aug 2020
- 28th Aug 2020, £49.99
- Captain Tsubasa
- Also Available On
Review Captain Tsubasa: Rise Of New Champions - Not Your Typical Football Game, But Fun All The Same
Captain Tsubasa has been around for nearly 40 years. Initially appearing as a series in the best-selling manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump in April 1981, he’s seen numerous comics, animated series, movies and, yes, video games over the years. It’s one of the most well-loved series in Japan and is credited with contributing...
Captain Tsubasa: Rise Of New Champions Guides
Guide Best Nintendo Switch Football Games
We mean Soccer, not that 'other' football
Updated with Retro Goal and Soccer Story. Enjoy! Football is the world's most popular sport, from the elite level of child-like millionaires with dazzling skills and impressive diving techniques, to actual children on playgrounds using jumpers for goalposts. Being a football / soccer fan that owns a...
About The Game
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions adds a refreshing look to the football genre with the exhilarating action and over-the-top shots that made the game famous. It features anime-style graphics and accessible gameplay while offering multiple game modes to keep football fans on the pitch and off the bench!
- BUILD YOUR DREAM TEAM: Create your own characters with new skills and abilities and build your dream team!
- 4-PLAYER VERSUS: Decide who's the football legend amongst your friends with offline play versus up to 4 players!
- ONLINE: Compete online to claim trophies and rewards!
- TWO STORY MODES: Experience the events from the manga or become a part of Captain Tsubasa's world!
- GRAPHICS: Discover the latest Captain Tsubasa game with toon shading and realistic effects!
- ACTIONS: Master the simple controls to score goals while performing dream skills against opponents at high speed!
- UNIQUE GAMEPLAY IN THE FOOTBALL GAME GENRE: Enjoy each unique character action by playing the game with 'Spirit Gauge', 'Skills' and 'Special Moves' assigned to each character!
Defy The Laws Of Football
Become A Legend
I'm a die-hard fan of this series, I was ecstatic to hear about the reveal! Only time will tell if it actually runs great. I don't want this game to flop like My Hero Academia or Sword Art Online's game. I have to pre-order immediately and get Wakabayashi's challenge Ball!
I really like the game so far. But it needs an update. It runs just fine in Dock mode. But it's very hard to play on handheld mode. The screen is blurry. I don't know much about FPS, or resolutions, but it is bad optimized on handheld, and there are too many load screens, and they're long, like 20 sec each one. So they're super annoying. Anyways, the action is great, the matches are fun (specially if you play with someone else), and the story is good. Overall the ge is great. Hope they fix the performance issues
Oh, and the AI is crap... It's really annoying
Any news on a review for this one NL?
Tap here to load 3 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...