Does 3D Thor give 2D a hammering?
When SEGA decided to port Thor: God of Thunder to 3DS, there were two clear routes available: could build upon the DS game, a well-received pixel art 2D side-scrolling brawler by WayForward, or directly convert Red Fly Studio’s third person Wii hack-and-slash title. It chose the latter — after all Red Fly has...
About The Game
Command the Lightning and the Storm!
Play as Thor™, God of Thunder, in an original action adventure as he battles to save the Norse worlds from legions of titanic enemies lifted from the comics. Wield the iconic Mjölnir, Thor’s legendary hammer, and use powerful melee combos, lethal hammer throws, elemental storm powers, and a robust grappling system. Players will feel what it’s like to go toe-to-toe with 12-ton, 25-foot tall frost giants and trolls.
- Amazing 3D: Thor on the Nintendo 3DS takes full advantage of Nintendo’s
new system, delivering an unforgettable 3D gaming experience.
- Marketing synergy: Game will coincide with the movie’s Blu-ray/DVD release to take advantage of the extra buzz.
- Become the God of Thunder: Step into the role of Thor and wield the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, in Thor’s first standalone game.
- Superhuman Elemental Powers: Unleash Mjölnir’s primal storm powers of lightning, thunder and wind. Electrocute throngs of trolls or split the
ground in two with an earthshaking thunder attack that knocks frost giants to the ground.
- Epic Combat: Use brawn and brains as you bash opponents with hammer
attacks and throw combos. Scale titanic frost giants and trolls using multiple grappling points to find and attack weak spots.
- Level Up: Choose new abilities, powers and weapon upgrades as Thor
earns Valor runes through battle victories.
- Original Storyline: Narrative was overseen by Eisner Award-winning writer and lead Thor comic book author Matt Fraction.
- Star power: Features voice and likeness of Thor film actors Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Tom Hiddleston as Loki.