Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 693

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

What's Kirby Super Star all about @SKTTR? I've been contemplating Moto Heroz, but I've been informed that it's enjoyable, but not worth the premium price tag attached to it. There's something about the Wonder Boy titles that's a turn off for me. I also have Kid Icuras in my VC collection. So if I did purchase Moto Heroz, I'd most likely press for Kirby's Adventure. Wrecking crew seems a little too simple for me. I've played the freeware version of Cave Story, but never put too much effort into it though. So I'm still a little undecided here.

Kirby Super Star has a collection of different stories that slightly alter the way of playing a Kirby game - one story is pretty fast paced Kirby action, one is a treasure hunt: an explorers and puzzlers adventure, another one is a race, and there's co-op (that is better than the co-op in KDL3) and fun minigames for 2 players (that are better than the ones in K64).

It's a shame that Wonder Boy doesn't have more fans. Maybe it has something to do with the inconsistency of the series? First was a straight forward arcade-platformer, second was a unique arcade action-adventure, third removed the aracde aspect and formed a true platformer action-adventure, fourth was a run&gun/shmup mix, fifth (Wonder Boy in Monster World) was a combination of the best ideas in the series packed into another great action-adventure/jump&run, and sixth was Wonder Girl. Or is it because the hero looks different in every game? Trivial.
Anyway, thinking about the series the beautiful soundtrack comes to mind. Well, ok, the first one is different to say the least, but still, I always thought of that repeating cheery theme as iconic, just like Bubble Bobble's repeating theme. Anyway, these games have great graphics and controls too. 1 3 and 5 are my favs. I've yet to play Wonder Girl (Monster World IV) which is announced for VC release.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

y0ss4ri4n

Puzzle fans should try the Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy game. It's pretty good and a mere 600 points.

y0ss4ri4n

WiiAboutU

I would definitely recommend Aya and the Cubes of Light to puzzler fans as well @yoss4ri4n. You can read my thoughts on the matter in the impressions thread I've created. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

Wow, nobody would recommend Burn the Rope or Mr. Driller W? Well, how about 3D Pixel Racing then?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Birdman

WiiAboutU wrote:

Wow, nobody would recommend Burn the Rope or Mr. Driller W? Well, how about 3D Pixel Racing then?

There's a demo of it that's currently available on the Wii Shop Channel. That should be all you need.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Birdman

Me again. I have my choice of a 500 point WiiWare game to be gifted to me for getting second place in a Backloggery contest, so I'm trying to decide between EscapeVektor, lilt line or Tomena Sanner on WiiWare, or, from the NES VC, either Adventures of Lolo game, Punch-Out!! w/ Mr. Dream, or Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom. Any suggestions?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

longtimegamer

Has anyone here played 101 in One explosive megamix for wiiware? I've been trying to find out if this game has more than one save file.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

longtimegamer

Ok.... no one bought it huh?

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Mahe

koops330 wrote:

what should i get I have some extra wii points and im think of getting some games?

right now i've been looking at getting ff 4 the after story or ffcc my life as a king

FFCC: My Life as a Darklord is vastly better, and it only costs 1000 points. There's also plenty of useful DLC for Darklord. My Life as a King is good too, but not as good as Darklord.

Hope there's a review for Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder soon.

Mahe

theblackdragon

I have to disagree with Mahe — I have My Life as a Darklord, dropped another $20-some on DLC for it just to get through the game, and hated most of it. It gets horribly tedious and you honestly cannot get through to the end without purchasing DLC, which should've been a warning sign to me in the first place IMO. only go for Darklord if you are a die-hard fan of tower-defense games... if you're just looking around for something fun and could go either way on a TD game, avoid Darklord and go for My Life as a King instead.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SKTTR

I liked FFCC My Life as the King the best of them five Final Fantasy games on WW.

These are my ratings:

10/10 FFCC My Life as a King (with all DLC)
09/10 FFCC My Life as a King (without DLC)

8/10 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (with all DLC)
7/10 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (without DLC)

4/10 FFCC My Life as a Darklord (with all DLC)
7/10 FFCC My Life as a Darklord (without DLC)

7/10 Crystal Defenders R1
7.1/10 Crystal Defenders R2

Edited on by SKTTR

bub166

Well, Fluidity is available on Club Nintendo now. It looks fun enough, but with the roster of games changing every month, I'm afraid something much better will be available next month. Is it any good?

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

iphys

Yes, and 150 coins is a steal for it. If I hadn't already bought this, I definitely wouldn't pass it up, but I also have quite a few CN coins, so I'm not worried about having coins for next month. If I only had enough coins for one game, I'd probably hold off just in case something more amazing comes along next month, unless you know that you've already downloaded every Nintendo game you could possibly prefer to this one.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

bub166

I have hardly any VC/WiiWare games, and I only have 200 coins right now. I do, however, plan on getting a 3DS and at least four games (plus some eShop games) that will be able to be registered. Thing is, I was previously saving for Hanafuda cards, and now I want the Zelda 25th Anniversary posters. So it'll still be about 200 if I go for the posters. :/

SKTTR

How much is 150 coins? It seems to me that you get away much better with it than spending 1200 Wii Points on it. Maybe a good chance for everyone who was on the fence before.

Personally, these were the best 1200 pts I spent on the Wii Shop. In fact Hydroventure/Fluidity is the cheapest 10/10 game on WiiWare. My other three 10/10 games (World of Goo, Life as a King and MotoHeroz) were all 1500pts.

I'd try this addictive physics-based 30-hour game if you're into adventure-puzzle-platformers and if 150 coins is a good deal.

bub166

SKTTR wrote:

How much is 150 coins? It seems to me that you get away much better with it than spending 1200 Wii Points on it. Maybe a good chance for everyone who was on the fence before.

Personally, these were the best 1200 pts I spent on the Wii Shop. In fact Hydroventure/Fluidity is the cheapest 10/10 game on WiiWare. My other three 10/10 games (World of Goo, Life as a King and MotoHeroz) were all 1500pts.

I'd try this addictive physics-based 30-hour game if you're into adventure-puzzle-platformers and if 150 coins is a good deal.

30 hours? Are you sure? I've heard there were only like 4 levels or something.

Burny

bub166 wrote:

30 hours seems a bit exaggerated, but if you get obsessive with mini-games and want to complete everything while taking your time, it's probably possible. It's a very beefy game for WiiWare.

It doesn't have 4 "levels", it's more like four areas. Think about the main areas in Metroid games. They consist of multiple rooms each, all will gradually become accessible when you gather new abilities. There is also a large amount of things to collect, often trickily hidden. The best comparison would be Metroid with a splash of water as main character. It's absolutely worth it!

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

bub166

Burny wrote:

bub166 wrote:

30 hours seems a bit exaggerated, but if you get obsessive with mini-games and want to complete everything while taking your time, it's probably possible. It's a very beefy game for WiiWare.

It doesn't have 4 "levels", it's more like four areas. Think about the main areas in Metroid games. They consist of multiple rooms each, all will gradually become accessible when you gather new abilities. There is also a large amount of things to collect, often trickily hidden. The best comparison would be Metroid with a splash of water as main character. It's absolutely worth it!

Wow, long, physics-based, and similar to Metroid. I swear, if they release something better next month, I will implode. But for now, this sounds like a great game.

SKTTR

bub166 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I've completed this in 29 hours and 5 minutes (minigames not included) so yeah for me it's a 30h game. If you just want to beat it you can do it faster.

And yes, it's 4 pretty big areas, with lots of stuff to find, hidden areas and item collection Metroid-style, full of ingenious puzzles and gameplay elements, and 89 missions (similar to the 120 stars in Super Mario 64).
It combines a high level of innovation, polish, content and fun at only 12 bucks, and as such is a perfect 10 in my book.

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic