Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 1,905

Xyphon22

Probably a stupid question, but I just started playing this again. I have the patch/glitch-fixing-channel downloaded from the last time I played it, but I've moved it to the SD card to save room on the hard drive and on the Home menu. Will it still work from there, or do I need to move it back onto the system?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

nintykid

Started playing SS again after all this time and all I can think of: man, Fi is annoying...

Edited on by nintykid

nintykid

DefHalan

Alright, was told to post this here instead. I wonder if anyone pays attentuon to Wii forums anymore, I know I don't lol

With all this Breath of the Wild hype but a lack of drive to jump into an open workd game. I decided to play through Skyward Sword (and finally finish it) on Wii U VC. I am having a blast. It is so much fun. The opening was a bit dragged out but once you get to the first dungeon, you are left more on your own. I am at the second dungeon now and wondering where people start to get annoyed at the game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@DefHalan Play BOTW instead, it's really good. You won't regret it.

Octane

DefHalan

@Octane Why would I move into BOTW if I have plenty of games I still need to play? lol. I will get to BOTW at some point but I figured I would work through my backlog while I wait for the Switch to get software and maybe a price drop lol

Octane

@DefHalan Because it's maybe best game of this year! No but seriously, that's fair, but there's a Wii U version as well

Octane

DefHalan

@Octane I know, and the Wii U version will probably be what I get, but I don't have a real need to play it yet. So I decided to go back and beat some older Zelda games I haven't yet, like Skyward Sword. Majora's Mask might be the next one.

Xyphon22

@DefHalan I hear you. Zelda is my favorite series ever (I currently own and have beaten every single game in the series), but I recently started playing Oblivion on PS3 and have XCX when I beat that, so I don't feel the need to get this one yet. As for the question on hand, Skyward Sword is possibly my second favorite in the series after the original on NES, so I don't know where everybody gets so annoyed with it. I think it's fantastic.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Luna_110

@Xyphon22
At least for me, the motion controls never felt right unlike when I used them in Trauma Center, and the pacing killed the game for me. I admit I was getting a bit sick of the formula, but SS highlighted everything I did not like - handholding, extremely easy bosses and enemies (except Demise), linearity to the max, and the areas just didn't feel related among them.

And I disliked the artstyle, so that didn't really help. I find SS Zelda's one of the ugliest designs.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Vinny

I still haven't played it, as I don't have a Motionplus at the moment (My Wii is a white backwards compatible model and it came with a regular Wiimote), but the art style and controls seem very interesting to me.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TuVictus

I loved skyward sword. Definitely my second favorite behind Majora's mask. The music and story were so expertly woven. And my jaw still hits the floor whenever I played, just because of the motion controls. I loved how beating ghirahim forced players to actually consider their techniques. The dungeons were beautiful and memorable. And I didn't find Fi any more annoying than navi or midna. She was just sort of there.

TuVictus

LzWinky

BotW does everything right that SS did wrong.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

@Luna_110 I am loving the art style so far. Way better than Twilight Princess lol

Tyranexx

I personally loved Skyward Sword. The story was great (not the best ever, but great), the music was phenomenal, one of my favorite boss fights in the series is in the game, some of the puzzles/dungeons really are fun (what is it about boat dungeons in Zelda games? I've loved all of them!), and some of the side quests were genuinely entertaining. My only minor complaint with the game was the motion controls, but they worked for me most of the time. The only movement I really had trouble with was thrusting the sword; this is needed for an enemy at a couple of points in the game and succeeded in prolonging those fights, unfortunately.

Also, the placement of the sword on the screen was sometimes...odd for me. This was more of a quirk though since I'm left-handed. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TNGYM

TheLZdragon wrote:

BotW does everything right that SS did wrong.

Botw does everything right that the series has been increasingly getting wrongvfor decades.

Seeing the impact of everything I have been vying for years be everything i knew it would be and more has been immensly vindicating.

And the most exciting part l, is despite botw being so great, there is so much room for improvement. But at last, a Zelda thats a Zelda again.

I enjoyed SS quite a bIt, certainly more than tp... But i am more than ready to say goodbye to the zelda themed crystalis in design games. This series has been shackled by design restrictions based around n64 system limitations that havent been necessary for over a decade.

So glad monolithsoft convinced Anouma to move forward. Lol and they wete so worried about pitching it to Shiggy.

TNGYM

DarkEdi

I check my save game and it was from 2012. Wow!! Now I downloaded it with a discount from My Nintendo and continue my save data. It is a very fun game. I have only a question The download game from Wii U fixes the bug? If not, no problem for me, I know how to skip it and besides in Wii shop there is the fix data channel.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

nintykid

@TNGYM
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie though that even though I am a vocal critic of many aspects of SS, the world in BOTW is just SO empty. Too much. Even emptier than TP. And no, random Korok seeds placed around does not really populate the map... One thing that was really nice about SS is just how rich and concentrated the world is. Sometimes I feel kinda lazy to pick up and play BOTW because of how empty it is lol. It could be just me, though.

nintykid

blaisedinsd

I played Skyward Sword in 2012, it was my second 3D zelda after twilight priness and I loved it. I had left nintendo completely since Playstation 1 till Wii DS.

I have since played Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Wind Waker HD, played Twilight Princess Wii and HD

I replayed Skyward Sword right before Breath of the Wild came out and loved it just as much.

I ranked the 3D games
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask

I am not sure where to rank Breath of the Wild yet but I feel it is so different it almost deserves its own ranking.

I did occasionally have some difficulty with the motion control but they were excellent and added so much fun and depth to the combat. Skyward sword definitely has the best combat, most satisfying and fun.

I think Skyward Sword has the best dungeons. Its very refreshing to break from the 1 item 1 dungeon template where you get items between dungeons and you use all your items to overcome puzzles constantly.

I think Skyward sword has the best characters....the only game where I actually cared about Zelda as a character, Ghirahim and Groose were awesome as were the sidequests in Skyloft

I liked how the overworld in Skyward Sword constantly challenges you. To me this makes the game constantly fun compared to other games where the overworld is less thrilling than the dungeons.

I think skwyard sword has the best bosses. This is partially because the combat is the best but the bosses and the mini bosses are more fun and more challenging and more creative in my view than in other 3D zeldas.

Breath of the Wild is a great game too but these are more the categories I rank Zelda games by. Skyward Sword blows it out of the water for me and is my most enjoyable 3D zelda. Breath of the Wild is an entirely different type of game I feel.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

ianl579

@blaisedinsd I find Zelda to be a great character in Spirit Tracks as well; have you played it?

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

blaisedinsd

@LegendOfPokemon I actually played Spirit Tracks before I played Wind Waker but after I played Phantom Hourglass. It's the same Zelda/Tetra in all 3 games right? I remember being a bit confused not knowing the background from Windwaker. The two DS games blur together in my mind....both great games that were very similar.

SW-7087-5868-6390

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.