Forums

Topic: wii successor: the rumor mill has exploded

Posts 101 to 120 of 272

Burny

romulux wrote:

...although it does sound like they're confirming that the new console is real and is very powerful. http://wiihdrumors.com/nintendo-life-teases-wii-hd-details-di...

Well, very powerful can mean a lot.

I hope it is comfortably more powerful than the PS360 at least. They probably don't have to get near the technical edge, but they should still try to build a console that remains viable for multiplatform development when MS and Sony release the PS360's successors. Having enough RAM might be much more important, than having the fastest graphics chip then, as Dice and Crytek are already "moaning" thet it's the current high-def console's bottleneck.

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

Magi

Burny wrote:

I hope it is comfortably more powerful than the PS360 at least...

I hope it's exactly the same power so people can start calling the consoles WiiPS360's.

Magi

romulux

is it wrong that i care more about whether it can uprender wii games to 1080p than about what it's actual new graphics look like?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Burny

romulux wrote:

is it wrong that i care more about whether it can uprender wii games to 1080p than about what it's actual new graphics look like?

Having surfed quiet a lot in Neogaf's dolphin thread myself I must say: How can it be wrong if it feels so good?

But it is definitely wrong, at least in parts. 3rd party support doesn't come just because Wii games look so pretty on it.

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

James

romulux wrote:

nintendolife peoples are saying that the touchscreen controller business, along with the project cafe or whatever stupid name is being thrown around, probably isn't true, although it does sound like they're confirming that the new console is real and is very powerful. http://wiihdrumors.com/nintendo-life-teases-wii-hd-details-di...

I don't trust the source of those rumours one bit!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

EvilRegal

It's all nice to dream about, but I think I'll wait till E3 to get too excited. I do hope that it's HD and blows Sony and Microsoft out of the water. I have a 360, and every PlayStation system. But, at heart, I'll ALWAYS be a Nintendo loyalist. And especially after what that Sony exec said about 3DS being a "babysitting tool" or whatever, I want to see Sony get it's rear end handed to them by 3DS and Project Frappucino! As long as it's backward compatible with Wii, unlike SOME recent systems COUGH*PlayStation 3*COUGH, and transfers my Wii Shop Channel purchases, I'll be happy! Oh, and throw in a New Super Mario, New New Super Mario or whatever Mario side scroller with that Italian Iced Mocha Latte Frappucino Steamed!!! To go...

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Ecto-1

These rumors have my attention now that several retailers have cut the Wii's price.
Source : IGN

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Tylr

romulux wrote:

nintendolife peoples are saying that the touchscreen controller business, along with the project cafe or whatever stupid name is being thrown around, probably isn't true, although it does sound like they're confirming that the new console is real and is very powerful. http://wiihdrumors.com/nintendo-life-teases-wii-hd-details-di...

I am very skeptical about that article...

Like: "Don't believe everything you read online. Unless its from us of course!"

Hmmmmm...

Edited on by Tylr

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

EvilRegal

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The picture I made is still more credible
Source: Common Sense

A sequel to every game ever made? Does that mean we'll get Superman 64-2? Oh and if Project Frappuccino is true, can I start getting excited for Super Smash Bros. Fracas (or: Insert Melee/Brawl synonym of your choice)?

EDIT: Or maybe we can call it Super Smash Bros. Rumble and get Michael Buffer to voice act for it!

Edited on by EvilRegal

komicturtle

Kinda irrelevant, but I'm actually not going to be paying attention to IGN again. The people there contradict themselves and make ridiculous claims about Nintendo and criticizing this new system- when it's not even legitimately official. How are you going to criticize the name Project Café when hasn't even been confirmed to be the codename? I mean, okay, criticize it, but going on about it as if it were real? What a joke.

If you're going to hate, do it right. They claim the last 'new' character was Olimar/Pikmin. Dunno where they have been, but I'm sure Chibi Robo is the latest new character (who I'd love to see more of). Even the MOTHER games should make a come back since the series has only had one game in the US. Want new characters when we have series's from Nintendo that have not gotten the proper attention (Balloon Fighter, Ice Climbers, Mach Rider, to name a few). I'd like to see these games make it in new form for this next console. I don't want Nintendo making games starring hairy, muscular men because that's the other's jobs to do that.

Went on a tangent, but yeah.. I'm done with IGN's bias. They just sound so confused and don't know what they are talking about that I feel embarassed for them. Yeah, HD would be nice but that's not the reason why I'm interested in this console. HD is such a small issue to me and my eyes just don't care much about it if it doesn't enhance the gameplay experience. Mario Galaxy looks mighty fine and gorgeous and that game isn't HD. Would it benefit? Sure. But that's one of the few games that shows you don't need high resolution to provide an amazing looking game. The art direction is what determines it. Call of Duty 4 and the releases after will look dirty once the next gen hits. But Zelda Windwaker will still look gorgeous. Even Final Fantasy X and XIII especially.

komicturtle

koryz12

The only way i'll get wii2 is if its on par with xbox720/ps4 and it costs less as I want to move my xbox account over to the next xbox but don't want to pay more than £350 for a next-gen system as going past that it becomes rediculous as its only a console and not a car.

Edited on by koryz12

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

CaptainRandom

komicturtle92 wrote:

Kinda irrelevant, but I'm actually not going to be paying attention to IGN again. The people there contradict themselves and make ridiculous claims about Nintendo and criticizing this new system- when it's not even legitimately official. How are you going to criticize the name Project Café when hasn't even been confirmed to be the codename? I mean, okay, criticize it, but going on about it as if it were real? What a joke.

If you're going to hate, do it right. They claim the last 'new' character was Olimar/Pikmin. Dunno where they have been, but I'm sure Chibi Robo is the latest new character (who I'd love to see more of). Even the MOTHER games should make a come back since the series has only had one game in the US. Want new characters when we have series's from Nintendo that have not gotten the proper attention (Balloon Fighter, Ice Climbers, Mach Rider, to name a few). I'd like to see these games make it in new form for this next console. I don't want Nintendo making games starring hairy, muscular men because that's the other's jobs to do that.

Went on a tangent, but yeah.. I'm done with IGN's bias. They just sound so confused and don't know what they are talking about that I feel embarassed for them. Yeah, HD would be nice but that's not the reason why I'm interested in this console. HD is such a small issue to me and my eyes just don't care much about it if it doesn't enhance the gameplay experience. Mario Galaxy looks mighty fine and gorgeous and that game isn't HD. Would it benefit? Sure. But that's one of the few games that shows you don't need high resolution to provide an amazing looking game. The art direction is what determines it. Call of Duty 4 and the releases after will look dirty once the next gen hits. But Zelda Windwaker will still look gorgeous. Even Final Fantasy X and XIII especially.

You can't spell IGNorance without IGN.

EvilRegal

Can't spell ignoramuses without IGN either! No siree, Jim Ray Bob Bob!

theblackdragon

can we move on from the same tired old joke people like to bring up every time someone so much as breathes the acronym IGN? it wasn't funny when the first person said it, and it's not funny now.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

EvilRegal

theblackdragon wrote:

can we move on from the same tired old joke people like to bring up every time someone so much as breathes the acronym IGN? it wasn't funny when the first person said it, and it's not funny now.

Sorry, didn't think that version of it had been used yet. At least I tried to use new material.

komicturtle

I don't think it's funny. I think it's true. But I do like Jessica Chobot <3
It's been a month since I've even seen her The good, smart people of IGN have left...

Seeing too much Daemon is making me nauseous. And hearing his incessant complaining about anything Nintendo even worse.

Oh, and in case, this is probably the last time I'll bring IGN up as evidently, it has nothing... well, kind of- to do with this topic.

Breath, stretch, shake, let it go....

komicturtle

Malkeor

tries hardest not to get into this IGN-hate rabble

So yeah apparently there's a date in which Nintendo will finally confirm that it exists on April 26th.
Now with a source!

I may be late on this but oh well.
http://wiihdrumors.com/april-26th-is-the-next-big-day-for-the...

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.