Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 926

SKTTR

I already have all the games you recommended, don't stop. ^^

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

soma

@Knighty_IX

1. Zelda: I don't think Wind Waker or Twilight are going to be ported again. It's possible but I doubt it. Skyward Sword it's possible as it didn't use the pointer functionality of the Wiimote, so maybe it can work the same with the Switch controls.

2. Okami: Haven't played Okami but it was said that the Wii version was the best thanks to the pointer controls.

3. Resident Evil: RE4 is the same as Okami, pointer controls made it the best version. RE Remake and Zero, as far as I know, were almost the same as the GameCube version, but with WideScreen support or things like that. I knew they don't have motion controls, but I'm not really sure. If this is true, I would get the Wii version so you don't need to buy a memory card.... unless you already have other GameCube games.

4. Monster Hunter: Don't get the Wii version, I'm sure for Switch we'll see a new game.

5. Mario: Again, because of the pointer controls I don't know if we'll see Mario Galaxy ports, but even if they make it, I think pointer controls are great. Sunshine is a possibility to see a port. I say buy the Galaxy games and wait for a port of Sunshine... unless you can buy it really cheap.

soma

Octane

@Knighty_IX It all depends on how much you're willing to spend. I don't keep track of all resell prices, but I believe Wind Waker on the GameCube fetches quite a high price. The Wii Zelda games should be available for cheap, but the GameCube version of Twilight Princess is the definite version IMO. But consider yourself lucky if you can find a copy for less then $60, the Wii version is a good alternative. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both must haves in my opinion.

As for Ōkami, just get the Wii version. I can't be that expensive, right? Plus, the pointer controls make it the definitive version.

Capcom loves porting games though, and the RE games may get ported too sooner than later. I haven't played them, but if the Wii controls were really better in those games, consider getting the Wii version.

I don't think Nintendo ever ported a 3D Mario game to another console (64 DS doesn't really count, it was terrible), so you could be waiting for quite a while. Maybe they'll release them digitally like they did on the Wii U, but again, who knows when they start their VC service again, so you could be waiting for quite a while in that case too. Wii games shouldn't be too expensive, so I'm sure you can find Galaxy 1 and 2 for a good price. Sunshine is my personal favourite, but as a GameCube game it's a little more expensive.

Out of these games, Sunshine is the least likely to receive a port anytime soon. It was one of the few games that used the GameCube's analog triggers, and the Switch doesn't have them, they're digital triggers.

Octane

EmirParkreiner

Some Wii games i'd strongly recommend:

Sin & Punishment Star Successor
Muramasa
Opoona
Castle of Shikigami 3 (available in JP and America, but not in Europe)
No More Heroes 1&2
Madworld
Little King's Story
Project Zero/Fatal Frame 2 Remake (available in JP and Europe, but not in America)
The Last Story

EmirParkreiner

Sanford

Sanford6:41pm
My favorite games on the Wii are those where you can explore the world, solve puzzles, fight, and shoot things, and that have an interesting story line. Some of my favorites are Tomb Raider Anniversary and The Conduit. Can anyone recommend other similar games?

Sanford

soma

@Sanford

Have you played Silent Hill Shattered Memories? Great game with a great story and use of the WiiMote, although there's no shooting in it.

There's also the Resident Evil 4 and some remakes that are very good. Red Steel 2 is also very good and similar to The Conduit.

soma

Sanford

Thanks for the recommendations Soma. I have Silent Hill, though I haven't played it yet. I played Red Steel years ago and really liked it. I had forgotten all about that one. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Sanford

samus1818

I'm going to say The Last Story. I think that game is underrated. Also, great voice acting for that game!

samus1818

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Have you (or anyone else reading) played any of The Sims games on Wii (or DS) that you'd recommend?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

gcunit wrote:

@Anti-Matter Have you (or anyone else reading) played any of The Sims games on Wii (or DS) that you'd recommend?

Well....
The Sims 2 Pets Wii = Okay. (Buy the second-handed)
You can walk directly like Action games.
Some Romantic interactions are not present like Kiss (lip by lip), Amorous kiss, Woo Hoo, etc.
The game is running on 60 fps.

The Sims 3 Wii = Ouch...! (Don't buy)
Completely different with The Sims 3 PS3 / Xbox 360 / PC. You cannot build the walls freely (The building shape is pre-determined). There is NO plants to be placed.

I don't play The Sims games on DS since what i watched from Youtube, they are pretty terrible in term of gameplay and graphics.
The only decent The Sims on DS machine is The Sims 3 Pets 3DS (Buy Second-handed).
The Sims 3 Pets 3DS is somewhat similar as The Sims Bustin' Out where you build your house WITHOUT Roof again, No 2nd floor, play Maximum 3 characters on one family, No kids, Limited traits, and you CANNOT make another neighbors to be played or as NPCs.

Well..... the only The Sims console version that still like PC version is just The Sims 4 PS4 / Xbox1. I like the console version since you just insert the disc and directly play without complicated installation. If only The Sims 4 also on Nintendo Switch....

Anti-Matter

Darknyht

Anyone have any thoughts on Ghostbusters for Wii? It was one of those games that was on my to buy list when I had a 360, but never got around to it. Now that I am hunting down vWii games to round out my collection, I am curious if it is worth it?

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Sorry, I've only just seen your reply to me as I didn't get a notification when you made it. Thanks for your input.

In the meantime I ended up getting second hand copies of My Sims and My Sims Kingdom as they both seemed to have reasonable ratings and some positive words. Only done the tutorial for My Sims so far, but it seemed more playable than Animal Crossing to me, so I look forward to finding some time to do more with it.

@Darknyht My only thought is that I've been meaning to get a copy too cos my kid loves Ghostbusters, and it's rated fairly well.

Edited on by gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Yo !
About My Sims & My Sims Kingdom Wii, well.....
To be honest, those games are still FAR Away from Awesome than Dragon Quest Builder / Portal Knights / Animal Crossing New Leaf. Both of them are Decent games, Nice idea but you know EA, they put their Half-Baked efforts. Let me tell you the reasons.

My Sims Wii for me like a Prototype of Portal Knights / Dragon Quest Builder. You play as either Boy or Girl who have to Restore the town so more Sims will come back to the town. But, the Objective on My Sims Wii are just TWO Things, Collect the essences and Making the furnitures, NOTHING Else. Also, you need to befriend with Commercial / Uber Sims to unlock their outfits. I can tell you on the first 20 minutes gameplay it looks fun but after you invite more Sims to live on your town, you will feel bored due to Two Objections i mentioned above, Collect the essences and Make furnitures for them. There is NO Mini games, there is NOTHING else you can do but keep collecting essences + making furnitures. Good idea but still Too Weak if compared with Dragon Quest Builder / Portal Knights so i gave it 6 / 10 score due to Poor gameplay features. Sorry....

And about My Sims Kingdom Wii, the game is similar with My Sims Wii but the only difference are :
1. No longer custom design of the furnitures, just only recolor the premade furnitures.
2. Fewer NPCs and they have predetermined to be stay on specific island.
3. Need Mana Power to build the building blocks, furnitures, etc.
The game was quite good at the beginning but pretty rubbish after postgame because there is NOTHING you can do but wandering around, create another furnitures, redesign the Outside buildings, etc. No Mini games at all, so your Objections here just very limited. I gave it 5 / 10 due to Lack of proper Objections.

Well, you have bought My Sims & My Sims Kingdom Wii. Have fun with them, keep them neatly. For additional My Sims games, you can try My Sims Party & My Sims Agents NDS version, NOT the Wii version because the Wii version of them are Pretty Rubbish in term of gameplay and after postgame. My Sims games are designed Very different on Wii & NDS version, like they were Two different games with same titles.

Well, if you like My Sims, don't forget to consider Dragon Quest Builder 2 & Animal Crossing Switch in the future. I have a feeling if Animal Crossing Switch will have some features like Dragon Quest Builder, judging from the word of "smashing" from what Tom Nook said from Nintendo Direct 14 Sep 2018.

Anti-Matter

Nemodius

it may not be a "game" recommendation, but I have seen dozens of examples of people disassembling their Wii's and converting it to small portable units, some are pretty awesome, the "Altoids" one is ridiculous, but the others are actually very cool, I think they should really roll with it

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Thanks for your detailed thoughts on the My Sims games - shame they came too late to stop me buying them No problem though, only paid a couple of quid for them, and I like seeing things for myself. A pity though, because I was enjoying my first 15 minutes of My Sims.

Edited on by gcunit

Anti-Matter

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@gcunit I remember Mysims being a really big thing for a few years before vanishing completely without a trace. I guess that's EA for ya.

Well, surprisingly if you play The Sims 4, the MySims characters such as Chaz, Buddy, Chef Geno, Poppy, Violet, Morcubus, Tobor, etc made a CAMEO Return as figurines.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Speaking about MySims Wii, i had made this thing.
Untitled

Guess what was that thing i make ?

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Yay, love it

Untitled

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Eh...
The picture you send was "Untitled"'
Not detected in this website.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic