Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,082

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Ok, if Mario Party 2 comes out for Christmas, I'm getting it and the Yard Sale game. That'll leave me with 500 points to spare.

MY OPTIONS
Mega Man- little interest in the series
Kid Icarus- I've been told it's very hard
Metroid- maybe
Sonic SMS- for nostalgia
Ice Climber- little interest

Play Mega Man and get interested, Dammit!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

But I already have Darkwing Duck, aka Mega Man 5.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

StuffyStuff

Darkwing Duck, although made by Capcom, is totally different than the Mega Man series. I think Darkwing Duck has more variety but it's also a pretty hard game if I remember correctly. I have the Gameboy version and it's a nightmare. I suggest you get into the series by starting with either 2 or 3.

I'm really excited about the support the Arcade is getting from Capcom. My hope is that others start following suit. I know most people don't care for this and it's an NES VC title, but I have fond memories of playing Mario Bros. at my childhood church. That cabinet got played to death...literally. The NES graphics just don't bring back the nostalgia for me. So here's hoping to Mario Bros.!

StuffyStuff

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I had the MMAC for awhile, but never developed much interest.

CanisWolfred

StuffyStuff wrote:

Darkwing Duck, although made by Capcom, is totally different than the Mega Man series. I think Darkwing Duck has more variety but it's also a pretty hard game if I remember correctly. I have the Gameboy version and it's a nightmare. I suggest you get into the series by starting with either 2 or 3.

I'm really excited about the support the Arcade is getting from Capcom. My hope is that others start following suit. I know most people don't care for this and it's an NES VC title, but I have fond memories of playing Mario Bros. at my childhood church. That cabinet got played to death...literally. The NES graphics just don't bring back the nostalgia for me. So here's hoping to Mario Bros.!

Yeah, why has Nintendo been slacking on their own Arcade releases? I'd buy Arcade Donkey Kong in a heartbeat!

StarFox wrote:

I had the MMAC for awhile, but never developed much interest.

It seems to me like you're still interested in it if you're still asking yourself whether or not you should play it again. If you ask me, the best way is to pick up Mega Man 2 and find out once and for all whether or not you'll like it. And if your problem is that you think Darkwing Duck is better, then okay, so you prefer one game over another. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy both.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Well, I've played the Mega Man series...online. Don't hurt me.

Kingbuilder

Well, how about you atone for your sins by getting MM2 for the VC?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Let's see...first points card: Mega Man 2, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber
Second points card: Mario Party 2, Yard Sale, Sonic MS

Mmmmmkay

DannyBoyTheDude

Don't forget Mega Man 3. And 4. And 5. The first and sixth one are insignificant to me, but I loved all the others.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Actually, I might wait til MM6 comes out. It seems like it'd be better for me.

SwerdMurd

So random on-topic post--got Dungeon Explorer the other day and it's kinda fun. It's really simple and kinda uninteresting as a single-player experience, but I played it 4 player earlier and it was a blast...albeit a simple one. I can only imagine 5 players!

It's kinda like Gauntlet but with persistent characters and leveling....each class also has different white and black magic spells. Granted, a few of the classes are kinda gimpy and a few make lousy solo classes (and some, like Bishop, make amazingly effective solo classes due to a massive heal) but overall it's a solid experience if you have some friends that wanna play something old.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Actually, I might wait til MM6 comes out. It seems like it'd be better for me.

Sounds good to me. IMO, Mega Man 6 is one of the better Mega Mans out there. It was the only one I could actually motivate myself to finish. I never even beat Mega Man 2.

@Sword_Murd

Yeah, Dungeon Explorer seems like it would be fun in MP. While I don't have anybody to play it with, I'm still interested in it as a Singleplayerer experience. I like Gauntlet, I like Diablo, I like Persistant leveling and characters, so long as it ain't broken I think I'll like it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Okeydokey, here's my plan.

I'm getting a points card for Christmas. I plan on getting Mario Party 2 and Yard Sale Hidden Treasures. That'll leave me with 500 points to spend. I'm also getting Metroid Other M, so I don't think I'll get the original Metroid. I've heard that Kid Icarus is very hard, and Ice Climber looks meh. Although I'm curious about the Mega Man series, none of the currently available games interest me much.

I may just spend it on Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System, or wait til the 3DS comes out.

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Okeydokey, here's my plan.

I'm getting a points card for Christmas. I plan on getting Mario Party 2 and Yard Sale Hidden Treasures. That'll leave me with 500 points to spend. I'm also getting Metroid Other M, so I don't think I'll get the original Metroid. I've heard that Kid Icarus is very hard, and Ice Climber looks meh. Although I'm curious about the Mega Man series, none of the currently available games interest me much.

I may just spend it on Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System, or wait til the 3DS comes out.

Assuming you can transfer points from the Wii to the 3DS.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brooks83

Yeah I really enjoyed Mega Man 6, I don't know why most people don't like it. I like the jet pack you could use.

brooks83

SKTTR

Get Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap (500pts) or Kid icarus (500pts).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Good point, Mickeymac. I may have to spend it on something for the VC.

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Good point, Mickeymac. I may have to spend it on something for the VC.

True, but you could always wait until there's something you absolutely must play for that price. It's not going anywhere, after all.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Ok, thanks.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic