Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 301 to 320 of 424

Willerz

Anyone else recently started playing this game? My copy arrived today and so far I love it!

Edited on by Willerz

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

Henmii

Yesss, I have beaten the boss! Seems you just have to be quick instead of overthinking the situation. Now I have arrived at the mansion.

Henmii

FonistofCruxis

I got it for my birthday and greatly enjoyed what I played. At first I didn't like the battle system but it seems that it just took some getting used to. The story seems interesting and its got a likable cast of characters, especially Seiren. The voice acting is really good too but so far it doesn't seem as good as the voice acting in Xenoblade chronicles.

Nintenbro

Come on guys! As long as the voice acting portrays the emotion that is involved and makes the dialogue seem somewhat believable, who cares what the voices sound like. These are JRPGs, for the love of God! What did you guys actually expect to receive?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

BenAV

Personally, I quite liked the voice acting in The Last Story.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Willerz

G4L wrote:

Come on guys! As long as the voice acting portrays the emotion that is involved and makes the dialogue seem somewhat believable, who cares what the voices sound like. These are JRPGs, for the love of God! What did you guys actually expect to receive?

I know the usual standard of voice acting isn't high and I shouldn't expect any Oscar winning performances, but there's something I find irritating about the use of British accents. I would've preferred them to be American, or even better, an option to have the original Japanese. But like you said, it's not exactly important, but still, le sigh.

Twitter || Backloggery

FonistofCruxis

Some brats calling themselves the black orchids stole my wallet but I hadn't done anything important before then and I didn't feel like chasing after them so I just loaded from my last save again. Does anyone know if you get anything good for chasing after them? Syrenne and Lowell are funny characters and it was funny when I got Elza to peek in at Kanan and Syrenne in the bath.

Nintenbro

As an American, I salute you @Willierz. What am I saying? I'm not even patriotic.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Willerz

Ahahaha! Thanks!
But that said, I know a lot of people say that 'British' accents enhance the European fantasy sort of style, but in my opinion there's nothing less fantastical than accents I hear day in day out on the TV anyway.

ANYWAY, this game is amazing and that's all the matters!

Twitter || Backloggery

kkslider5552000

Willerz wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Willerz wrote:

I would've preferred them to be American

racist

Not really seeing as I'm English myself :3

being racist against yourself is something that has somehow actually happened before, point still stands.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FonistofCruxis

The story and characters do feel rather cliched at times especially when (AFAIK) Syrenne is the only one of the 7 main characters who didn't lose at least one of her parent's at a young age but that doesn't mean the rest of the cast acts all depressing all the time or anything as I'm finding the cast very likable and the story is still very well executed though and has some memorably heartwarming cutscenes like the one with Elza and Kanan watching the meteor shower and SPOILERS? when you see Yuris smile for the first time after he reads the letters his father left behind.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis

Can anybody help me with the Kraken boss fight? I'm having a lot of trouble with that fight, especially with the vertical slices are essential for the fight and I can't always get Elza to run up walls.

Reala

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Can anybody help me with the Kraken boss fight? I'm having a lot of trouble with that fight, especially with the vertical slices are essential for the fight and I can't always get Elza to run up walls.

was really stuck on that boss spoiler following

Once I level grinded a bit I got a new technique can't remember the name but it was essentially the same as FF's haste spell, once your gauge fills up press up on the D-pad to bring up the commands with the haste type move the boss became much easier.

Reala

Nintenbro

I'm having trouble deciding upon either purchasing a copy of, "The Last Story," or saving the $50 towards the balance of purchasing a 3DS. What do you guys think about my delema?

Nintendo Bro

FonistofCruxis

Reala wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

was really stuck on that boss spoiler following

Once I level grinded a bit I got a new technique can't remember the name but it was essentially the same as FF's haste spell, once your gauge fills up press up on the D-pad to bring up the commands with the haste type move the boss became much easier.

Thanks, I'll try level grinding then. Chapter 25 is an annoying chapter to have to level grind in. The sea Reptids are so annoying with the sticky stuff they keep spitting.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.