Forums

Topic: The games that have been removed from the wii shop

Posts 121 to 140 of 150

SKTTR

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

None of those sound like what I'm thinking of. Perhaps I'm crazy or Gain Ground really is what I was thinking of. And I heard that game's pretty bad.

I liked Gain Groud. And it's still on the Wii Shop here in EU.

It's pretty good and straightforward co-op action strategy with simple and unique gameplay and cool variety in playable characters, different weapons, stages and enemies.
It's rescue everyone (bring all your characters to the exit) or/and kill every enemy in each mission. I think it has 50 or 60 stages (single screen) Good leveldesign, a few bosses, and a lot of traps so don't always rush forward. I thought it was exciting and challenging playing this with a friend - until we finished it and put in our names into the highscore list. I really liked this game. I want the 3-player arcade version
I never had a Mega Drive back in the day, and never heard about this before it hit the VC. Glad I took the chance and spent 800pts on it.

Now how's Crack Down? Looks good.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

brooks83

I played Gain Ground on one of those Genesis compilation games. It wasn't bad, but I don't know if I would pay 8 bucks for it.

brooks83

accc

theblackdragon wrote:

@longtimegamer: i think he was hesitant to post it here because technically Nintendo has taken those games down, but as you'd still be paying them Wii Points for the games involved, their laziness is your lucky day. hope you don't mind me posting the instructions here for the sake of convenience, SKTTR — who knows when Nintendo'll fix the loophole :3

SKTTR's BL wrote:

You can still download SOME of the removed games from the Wii Shop by using an exploit in the Nintendo Channel.

Eight games were removed:
1. The Last Ninja 3 (VC/C64)
2. R-Type (VC/SMS)
3. LONPOS (WW)
4. Diner Dash (WW)
5. Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem (WW)
6. Gods vs Humans (WW)
7. Racers' Islands - Crazy Racers (WW)
8. Racers' Islands - Crazy Arenas (WW)

Two of those games are not listed in the Nintendo Channel, and thus not accessible.

• The Last Ninja 3 (VC/C64)
  • Racers' Islands - Crazy Arenas (WW)

Two* games are accessible, but the DOWNLOAD-button is deactivated:

• R-Type (VC/SMS)
  • Diner Dash (WW)
  • possibly LONPOS (WW) as well, but I can not check it because I got it before it was removed.

That leaves three (or four*) removed games that are still linked from the Nintendo Channel, and still have their DOWNLOAD-button activated:

• Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem (WW)
  • Gods vs Humans (WW)
  • Racers' Islands - Crazy Racers (WW)

To download these games, start the Nintendo Channel,
> click "Find Titles for You",
> click "Search by Name",
> then put in a word from the games title,
> click on the games title,
> click "Wii Shop Channel",
> click "Yes".

You'll be linked over to the Wii Shop Channel page of the specific game (that you can not access by using the Wii Shop Channel alone).

Now you can download these games legally if you have the Wii Points.

Have fun and be quick before Nintendo locks this loophole!

This was tested on a PAL Wii. I cannot guarantee if this trick works with an American Wii. Hope you're lucky though, and get the awesome The Magic Obelisk and Jungle Speed among the other removed ones.

I don't think this works (in the US). I just searched for Shootanto but it didn't return any results.

accc

DarkEdi

I tried and i could find only Lonpons and Shootanto in Nintendo Channel but when i enter to buy game i access to the wii shop and it appears no download button.

But i find Gods vs Humans is already available in the american shop, they never quit this game, same for both Racers Islands.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

WiiWareWave

It looks like another batch of WiiWare games were removed I'm currently researching which games were removed.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

accc

Well crap, I hope they don't remove anything I want before next week. I can only buy Wii games when I take my Wii home for vacation, since it can't connect to my network here in my apartment for whatever reason (except for one time when I was able to use my PC's network sharing option to get it to connect, but after the first time that stopped working for some reason too).

accc

LordTendoboy

Since Sonic 4 - Episode 2 isn't coming to the Wii, maybe Sega should just pull Episode 1 from the Wii Shop, since it's obviously worthless now. Wii owners are left with an incomplete game.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

James

No, they're left with a complete game planned as part of a larger whole, just like Sonic 3.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

LordTendoboy

James wrote:

No, they're left with a complete game planned as part of a larger whole, just like Sonic 3.

But my point still stands, Wii owners (like me) won't be getting the entire Sonic 4 experience.

Good thing I also have a PS3 to download these games on.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

SKTTR

Penguins & Friends: Hey! That's My Fish! (WiiWare), developed by EnjoyUp Games and published by Gammick Entertainment will be removed on 15th May 2012.

Does anybody know the game and is it good?

SKTTR

NEVES Plus: Pantheon of Tangrams by Abylight and Beeworks (500 Wii Points) and Otto Proudly Presents Karate Phants: Gloves of Glory by SnapDragon Games (800 Wii Points) will both be removed from the EU Wii Shop on 30th June 2012.

DarkEdi

We have luck they don´t quit more games now.

I´m worried about the Wii U transfer. I hope they let us to play the games that are out of the service if we already pay for them when they were available.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

SKTTR

WiiWare The Very Hungry Caterpillars ABC´s and all it´s DLC will be removed by the end of November 2012.

WiiWareWave

I can't find Airport Mania on the service now. Was it removed?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

chiwii

I checked the shop today, and Airport Mania is still there.

chiwii

accc

It's a shame Nintendo couldn't wait another week to remove the DKC games. My Wii won't connect to my network in my apartment where I'm currently living, so I can only access the shop channel when I bring my Wii home with me on vacation. At least I was finally able to buy La-Mulana today!

accc

Dizzy_Boy

3 more games for the chop in the UK. not that anybody will miss these any time soon.
where`s wally; fantastic adventure 1,2, and 3.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

BowtieShyGuy

They also remove the dsiware versions, along with Hell's Kitchen VS. and The Price is Right (all DSiWare, but there weren't much removed games till now so there's not an own thread yet)

Game's removed on 31.12.:

WiiWare
Where´s Wally? - Fantastic Journey Pack 1
Where´s Wally? - Fantastic Journey Pack 2
Where´s Wally? - Fantastic Journey Pack 3

DSiWare
Where´s Wally? - Travel Pack 1
Where´s Wally? - Travel Pack 2
Where´s Wally? - Travel Pack 3
Hell´s Kitchen Vs.
The Price is Right

source: http://www.nintendofans.de/news/10458/Software_Entfernung_an_...

BowtieShyGuy

luke17

Apparently Manic Monkey Mayhem has been removed. When I was doing a Wii system transfer to my Wii U I had the game on my SD card but not my Wii Menu, so it was LOST. It wasn't the greatest game in the world but I'm not happy at all about losing it for nothing. I saw nothing anywhere specifying this game had been removed. Nintendo should make a list of these games so this doesn't happen to people transferring games that can't be re-downloaded on the Wii Shop.

luke17

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.