Forums

Topic: Over 100 games in development for Wii? (that's what my e-mail says)

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

ADaviii

EDIT: I provided links of images of the e-mail on Gonintendo, so it wouldn't be fair for me not to do so on my original posting

http://imageshack.us/f/36/proof1g.png/

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5026/proof2wj.png

These are links to the e-mail just in case ya need a little more verification

A while ago, I decided to ask Nintendo (via contact e-mail) about the future of Wii with Wii U around the corner:

"Dear Nintendo,

With Wii U coming out later this year, will Wii no longer receive new Channels or Wii Updates?"

This was their response:

"Hello,

Thanks for writing. We appreciate your sharing your concerns with us. Please note that I have documented your comments and will make them available to the appropriate departments within Nintendo to use as they see fit.

With the announcement that a new home system is planned for release in 2012, it’s too early to say how this may affect the future of the Wii console. However, it’s important to point out that Nintendo and its licensee partners have over 100 new titles in development. These will be added to the existing library of over 1000 games (not including WiiWare or Virtual Console games) already available for Wii. It’s also common in the video game industry to continue to support older hardware once its successor has been released.

Sincerely,

Alex SchusterNintendo of America Inc."

It seems like Wii will be alive for a little while . What do you all think?

Edited on by ADaviii

Be kind to yourself and to others.

Nintenbro

Wow! I had no idea there was even 1,000 Wii titles in existence. Well, I do know there are a lot of obscure Wii titles but still. Wow! Awhile back, Nintendo did state they were going to support the Wii console for at least two years after the WiiU launches. I'm hoping for some type of continuation to TLoZ: Skyward Sword. Which would take place between Skyward Sword and OoT. I know that's very unlikely, but I just can't get enough of that water color impressionist art style. It envelopes and portrays TLoZ series with perfection. It just has to be my very favorite videogame ambiance of all-time. I can't see how any other art style could do TLoZ series more justice. I've got my fingers crossed, hoping the next entry will demonstrate the exact same art style. Except only in HD this time. Make it happen Nintendo. I will love you forever, if you do. Who am I kidding? I'll love you forever, anyways Nintendo.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Nintenbro

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Catz 6, Just Dance 4, FIFA 2013, Madden 2013, NHL 2013, a half-baked Call of Duty port...

You won't be seeing any AAA-grade Wii games any more.

Why are you so sure of that @ChocoGoldfish? I mean, look at the DS. There's about to be another Devil Survivor title released for it. Why on earth wouldn't the Wii recieve just as much dedication or attention?

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Chris720

@G4L I think it's because handhelds and home consoles are very different. Once a new home console is released, most developers seem to jump straight on to the band wagon and eventually forget the previous console entirely. Handhelds on the other hand, especially with the DS, has a very large target market where developers can get their game to both 3DS owners and DS owners alike. Not to mention, most people usually throw away or sell on their old home console after a while so they can afford the upgrade.

now waits for WaltzElf to say I'm wrong....

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

Future Wii games,
Just Dance 4,5,6.
Just Dance spin-offs.
Call of Duty.
Zumba fitness

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

CanisWolfred

G4L wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Catz 6, Just Dance 4, FIFA 2013, Madden 2013, NHL 2013, a half-baked Call of Duty port...

You won't be seeing any AAA-grade Wii games any more.

Why are you so sure of that @ChocoGoldfish? I mean, look at the DS. There's about to be another Devil Survivor title released for it. Why on earth wouldn't the Wii recieve just as much dedication or attention?

Devil Survivor is not AAA. That usually implies they make more than 5 copies.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MAB

WeDare 2 XXX title of course they will make more games for Wii there has been loads more releases now than there was 2 years ago. Who knows they might start making games that everybody dreamed of like a cool Star Wars lightsaber online battler or some sort of pirate swashbuckling me matey online real time open world sword fightin' musket slingin' treasure huntin'/stealin' galleon raidin' shenanigans (this was my dream)

MAB

Hokori

Oh great we're getting Just Dance 4-104 in the next year or so

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Wheels2050

While "over 100" honestly surprises me, as others have said there will likely be no worthwhile titles released from here on. Unless someone comes out with a real surprise at E3, I think this is pretty much it.

The only way I can imagine us getting something decent is if a previously unnanounced, but almost complete, game for the Wii exists and the publishers decide it's better to just release it on the Wii than move it to the Wii U. I doubt anyone in their right mind will start new development (of a quality game) for the Wii.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Wheels2050

Hmm, I forgot about EM2! I dare say I'll be picking it up.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Platypus

I can think of some of the titles right now. Construction Simulator XL, Mud-thrower, Grave Digger 2, Spades of Glory.

Yup...all shovelware.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Nintenbro

@kkslider5552000, I think you're absolutely incorrect by stating that my friend. People who don't follow trends like everyone else actually have character, and a mind of their own. Everyone else are just followers that don't know how to think for themselves. I'd rather be a leader than a follower anyday of the week. You must be a sheep and not a shepherd.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

KingMike

ItsAD3 wrote:

It’s also common in the video game industry to continue to support older hardware once its successor has been released.

Sincerely,

Alex Schuster
Nintendo of America Inc."

Not in Nintendo (especially NoA)'s history.

Only a handful of SNES games were released in NA after the N64 came out. Quite frustrating.
But then the N64 got worse treatment. They just took it out back and shot it as soon as the Cube was released.
At least in 1998 you could still buy an SNES Jr. and games (even if they weren't new games) from stores (I mean, a major retail store)?
But if you wanted to buy a new N64 and games in 2003? Good luck with that.

KingMike

ShadJV

Sounds like exaggeration to me, I find it hard to swallow that there are over a thousand Wii titles not including WiiWare and VC. Which then makes me start to doubt the rest of the email. I suppose over 100 more titles may be possible with WiiWare and VC included... but keep in mind it's not rare for companies to change development of a game to a newer console, so not all those titles may be released on the Wii even if they're in development for it.

And the last part is practically an outright lie, Nintendo doesn't often support older hardware once its successor has been released (oh wait, they said the video game industry, so I suppose it's not a lie, just misleading).

Don't expect many more first party titles for the Wii, though. If any. Third party are still possible though.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.