Forums

Topic: Over 100 games in development for Wii? (that's what my e-mail says)

Posts 21 to 40 of 53

ADaviii

KingMike wrote:

ItsAD3 wrote:

It’s also common in the video game industry to continue to support older hardware once its successor has been released.

Sincerely,

Alex Schuster
Nintendo of America Inc."

Not in Nintendo (especially NoA)'s history.

Only a handful of SNES games were released in NA after the N64 came out. Quite frustrating.
But then the N64 got worse treatment. They just took it out back and shot it as soon as the Cube was released.
At least in 1998 you could still buy an SNES Jr. and games (even if they weren't new games) from stores (I mean, a major retail store)?
But if you wanted to buy a new N64 and games in 2003? Good luck with that.

As much as I don't want to say it, I have to agree with you. When I read this part, I nearly chuckled because I (like many here) have been with Nintendo since at or around the NES age. We all know that Nintendo is the last company to have any sort of redeemable record with regard to supporting their consoles after the new one is released.

To be honest with you, I believe the GBA was supported for so long after DS was released simply because Nintendo realized that DS was a really big risk and GBA, being super successful and with a lot of life left in it, would be a bit of a crutch in case things went wrong. I remember Reggie saying in interviews a while ago how they would support Wii alongside Wii U for a while, but I just don't see it happening.

However, the e-mail response I got was still very nice to get! The over 100 games probably includes Epic Mickey 2, Dragon Quest X, and maybe Pandora's Tower, but I have no clue what the other games could be. I hope to see more than we did at last year's E3 for Wii (which was, literally, only Skyward Sword...with the rest completely focusing on 3DS and the Wii U reveal)!

Be kind to yourself and to others.

mrquope

Less than 10 of those games will be notable. The other games will probably be shovelware. That's my guess. Although I do hope there will be more good Wii games revealed at E3, in case I don't/can't pick up a Wii U.

mrquope

Nintendo Network ID: DogNut327

retired_account

This surprises people? The PS2 has continued having new titles in development until like, last year.

retired_account

ShadJV

The Last Story. That's the last worthwhile title coming to the system in my book. Epic Mickey 2 might be good, but I personally didn't care for the first one. Dragon Quest X I'm doubting will see international release... at least the Wii version. The Wii U might see it. However, I do suppose there is a slim chance Pandora's Tower will make it to the US. I would like that but don't want to get my hopes up.

The unfortunate truth is that there likely are not going to be 100 more retail Wii titles. It's possible but unlikely. Nintendo's track record of supporting older consoles is simply too grim. They may continue selling the Wii for a bit, but once again... don't expect anymore first party titles. They are going to shift all resources to the Wii U (if they haven't already). Well, all console resources, obviously they will keep the 3DS titles coming. Well, they better, I paid a lot of money for this handheld (have had some great titles so far but I still want more).

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

iphys

Well, to be fair they are still releasing Pokemon for the DS though the 3DS has been out for a while now, but yeah, they don't tend to release many games for older hardware, and it really doesn't make sense for Nintendo to continue making games for older hardware when their best chance of selling their new hardware is with their new game releases. A third party doesn't have to worry about whether people are adopting the new hardware, so they can go after more sales by releasing games on an older console that more people have.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

SKTTR

At least here in Europe Project Zero 2, Rhythm Paradise Fever and Inazuma Eleven Strikers are 3 of the 100 new Wii games that keep me occupied until Wii U.

Still hope for Excitebots surprise release (just like NA got Pikmin 2), and would pick up Captain Rainbow and a few other Japanese games if they came along.

However, I have started saving up money for Wii U and buy less Wii games.

After I´m done with Pandora´s Tower I start a second "Operation Rainfall". I go back and hope to beat Eldar Saga, Monster Hunter Tri, and Opoona before the Wii U is out.

With lengthy RPGs like these on my BL it looks like I haven´t much time for many other games in the next 6 months anyway.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ThePirateCaptain

Epic Mickey 2, Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection, and The Last Story are the only good ones announced.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TheDreamingHawk

A few wii surprises hopefully will be revealed at E3 (And I certainly hope reggie finally ignores operation rainfall's threats instead of letting them spam facebook, as a good operation doesn't require excessive flaming and spamming), but sadly I think the wii is dying... Good thing they are currently ignoring the spam by putting three AAA RPGs scattered thoughout the year! (It's better than releasing them one after another). Currently, only The Last Story and the kirby collection interest me.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

kkslider5552000

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

A few wii surprises hopefully will be revealed at E3 (And I certainly hope reggie finally ignores operation rainfall's threats instead of letting them spam facebook, as a good operation doesn't require excessive flaming and spamming)

this post is pretty amazing if you imagine that Reggie is receiving terrorist threats. "If you do not release Pandora's Tower in 24 hours, you can say goodbye to your precious Los Angeles, Mr. President."

Are you a bad enough dude to save Nintendo from terrorists?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheDreamingHawk

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

A few wii surprises hopefully will be revealed at E3 (And I certainly hope reggie finally ignores operation rainfall's threats instead of letting them spam facebook, as a good operation doesn't require excessive flaming and spamming)

this post is pretty amazing if you imagine that Reggie is receiving terrorist threats. "If you do not release Pandora's Tower in 24 hours, you can say goodbye to your precious Los Angeles, Mr. President."

Look at their facebook page posts from November. You will see comments like: IF YOU STOP RELEASING KIDDIE TITLES I'LL LIKE U! Etc Etc. I'm just saying that all of the spam they've been getting over the year offer ridiculous threats like: ''Release Pandora's Tower, or else I will boycott Nintendo!!!'' Or just plain old annoying comments. That being said, I'd be pretty angry myself if Reggie went up and said: ''Our great games for wii will include: NO RPGs!'' and ignore the games the other regions have, like the rainfall trio.

I at least hope they put at least 1 more major first party game out, like how Wario's woods ended the NES.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

ShadJV

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

Either they release Pandora's Tower or LA is destroyed? ...can't we have both?

Kidding, kidding.

I still have fingers crossed for Pandora's Tower. I forgot about Kirby entirely, that is a must have for me... but hardly worth getting excited for because it will most likely have not a single new feature, and I've played nearly every Kirby game. I suppose there are more Wii games still coming than I first realized, but I doubt it'll reach 100. I'd bet money on that.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

FonistofCruxis

The past few comments remind me of a post I liked on another forum from last year when NoA said this. That comment was:

"The announcement rubs me the wrong way because it reminds me of psychopathic anime characters that disembowel you while they whisper sweet nothings in your ear. With hearts in the dialogue box."

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

paburrows

G4L wrote:

Wow! I had no idea there was even 1,000 Wii titles in existence. Well, I do know there are a lot of obscure Wii titles but still. Wow! Awhile back, Nintendo did state they were going to support the Wii console for at least two years after the WiiU launches. I'm hoping for some type of continuation to TLoZ: Skyward Sword. Which would take place between Skyward Sword and OoT. I know that's very unlikely, but I just can't get enough of that water color impressionist art style. It envelopes and portrays TLoZ series with perfection. It just has to be my very favorite videogame ambiance of all-time. I can't see how any other art style could do TLoZ series more justice. I've got my fingers crossed, hoping the next entry will demonstrate the exact same art style. Except only in HD this time. Make it happen Nintendo. I will love you forever, if you do. Who am I kidding? I'll love you forever, anyways Nintendo.

[/div]

That would be awesome, Although while playing it I was thinking that it might be awesome with all of the hinted at history and backstory about the world that it might be awesome getting a story thats a hundred years or so before Skyward Sword with one of Links ancestors that goes into more depth on the formation of a lot of the things that took place in Skyward and all of the ones after.

Kind of like how they made a Knights of the Old republic game for Star Wars.

Edited on by paburrows

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

FonistofCruxis

@TheDreamingHawk Do you know for sure that these comments are from Operation Rainfall members? From what I've seen, they don't seem like the sort to do that. They could be people that support operation rainfall but I doubt any of the main members that run the site and organise the events would approve of comments like those.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000

Like a lot of fanbases, a decent amount of them become over-the-top jerks or morons at the drop of a hat to the point that even other haters become infuriated by some of them ('sup Capcom and Mass Effect 3), so it's inevitable. It's likely though that most of them are actually the same, very bored and lonely person though. That's how these things tend to work.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheDreamingHawk

FonistofCruxis wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk Do you know for sure that these comments are from Operation Rainfall members? From what I've seen, they don't seem like the sort to do that. They could be people that support operation rainfall but I doubt any of the main members that run the site and organise the events would approve of comments like those.

Even if they are not, back when NOA was quiet about the games, it was just insane. I don't mind the usual E3 hype, it's just that the fact that people are treating Pandora's tower like their life depends on it and are doing what Operation rainfall leaders don't want them to do. I actually did some of their events a while back (Like send a letter to nintendo) And felt good about hopefully bringing the games to america, and on their page, they highly discouraged spamming the facebook page. Yet people did it anyway and now it makes Operation rainfall look like a spam group, even though they are not! Thankfully it seems like Nintendo did the right choice by scattering the games to extend the wii's first party life. But sadly it seems like a few people on facebook keep asking for PT on every post nintendo made, which thankfully isn't nearly as bad as in November, where the posts ruined the facebook page for a lil while. Either way, it probably will be revealed no matter what on Tuesday. Seeing how this title has been held off so long.

Just one thing... After Pandora's tower comes out, what next? I just hope that isn't the last good title to come stateside. Games like Madagascar 3 shouldn't really be the only games to come on the wii after that.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

Nintenbro

Eh... Pandora's Tower really doesn't appear to me as being a quality first party title. I think Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are really the only quality Operation Rainfall titles.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

TysonOfTime

G4L wrote:

Eh... Pandora's Tower really doesn't appear to me as being a quality first party title. I think Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story are really the only quality Operation Rainfall titles.

AAA? Maybe not. Good quality? Looks like it to me.
But yeah. Opinions.

On the Topic, roughly 94% (meaning 94 of the games) are all going to be shovelware. I mean, aren't the PS2 and PSP the only systems that got real continuous support? Who cares if they cut off the supply. Use the money you were going to use to buy new Wii games to buy the new system.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.