Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,080

grenworthshero

romulux wrote:

three weeks time hasn't made the hosting issues any less infuriating, i'm sad to say. i was two kills away from winning a match on outpost and the host quit to deny me that, so i came back in and wound up on outpost again. i figured it was a second chance at the map... i killed the host and thought in the back of my head "great, now he's going to leave". and he did! it sucks when you feel like you have to go easy on the host to keep him from ruining the match.

There are just certain people who are too immature to accept defeat. I see people on the losing team quit all the time right before the match ends, and sometimes they just happen to be the host, which is really annoying. I was playing archives yesterday, and I had a 28-6 kdr and the closest person to me had 16 kills...and then the host quit; only 2 kills away from winning. I was so pissed! I was using the shotgun to try and get the weapon proficiency for it, so it was a big chunk of kills eliminations that didn't even matter

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

my nephew was playing black ops on his 360 and i asked him if the hosts ever drop out on it, and he says the host just switches to someone else mid-round. why couldn't they have done that with goldeneye? mariokart and the conduit run without this problem, so i don't think it's some limitation with the wii. i can get into an empty lobby to host myself on almost every other game mode to get around it, but conflict is the only one that's never empty, so you just have to deal with it there.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Tasuki

As I said before Nintendo needs to come up with a patch for GoldenEye that if the hosts drops the game ends as normally. That way you still get your points and such. They shouldnt punish you cause the host is an immature jerk. I wonder if there is a way we all can email Nintendo about this problem. Cause if they dont fix it its just going to drive good players away.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Arigner

Yah. But wasn't Goldeneye one of the rare (irony detected) games that can be updated through patches?

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Oregano

Arigner wrote:

Yah. But wasn't Goldeneye one of the rare (irony detected) games that can be updated through patches?

It's possible, they can at least do VERY simple updates but we don't know how complex the patches can be.... either way it wouldn't on Nintendo, it would be on Activision and Eurocom. Also Rom, Host migration only came to COD last year and it was a big selling point... I have no idea what it takes to implement it though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

romulux

not to mention conduit 2 isn't going to be any less call of duty based anyway.

how is it possible to patch a disc based game? i'm assuming something would be downloaded to your system that would intervene with the data that's been collected after reading the disc... i didn't think it was possible unless the game was on a hard drive. either way, i doubt they're going to fundamentally change the way online works with a limited patching ability. if they could fix the dead zone glitching and neuter the shotguns that'd be enough for me.

Spoony_Tech

That's becauce black ops has downloadable content. I don't think goldeneye does though!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Z_Bone

I want to play so bad but me Wii stop reading discs! I'm waiting for my red Wii to get here in the mail. Unfortunately, I'm gonna lose my 46 hours of playtime since the stupid save data can't be transferred to an SD card. WHY DO THEY DO THAT?!!!

Do the Mario!

irken004

Z.Bone wrote:

I'm gonna lose my 46 hours of playtime since the stupid save data can't be transferred to an SD card. WHY DO THEY DO THAT?!!!

You can. But not with online games like Goldeneye :/

romulux

Arigner wrote:

You wanted to know if it was possible to patch up a game on the wii? Here ya go:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=143186#comment-sec...

here's a video of that process. the update looks pretty sizable, about 50 blocks:
[youtube:RODrWq5PAwY&feature=player_embedded]

i feel like asking activision whether patching can be done now. you'd hope after the conduit that any online FPS would have learned the importance of having that ability, but i have a feeling it's not patchable.

Edited on by romulux

Spoony_Tech

I Wonder if its something activision can do on there end. I don't see why they can't update the server to at least allow the game to declare winners of the match and give experience when the host quits. If its built into the game I quest we're screwed!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tim_Slim

I want to play this with the zapper, but am abit worried about the quick-time events - I cant see how I will be able to shake the nun-chuck for a stealth kill for example...

Does anyone here use the zapper? Can you map the QTE to buttons or will I have to shake the zapper about alot?

Tim_Slim

romulux

here's a great review of the game from a guy who never played the original or saw the movie, so it's an unbiased appraisal of the storytelling and he happened to love it: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/56091/ i can't agree with him when he says it's "utterly perfect", but it's pretty damn close.

Z_Bone

To start things off, I think this game is fantastic. My biggest complaint, though, is the way they butchered the levels in split screen multiplayer. They wanted to make the levels smaller for less players but all they did was remove critical chunks of the levels and ruined the connectiveness of some of the levels. Industrial, my favorite level, has been completely ruined and Jungle and Docks are messed up as well. Certain levels, like Outpost and Nightclub, are okay because they barely tinkered with them, but the small changes they made are still for the worse. What do you guys think of the levels in split screen? I'm kind of mad about this.

Do the Mario!

romulux

the levels are definitely not as fun on split screen, but having played many a match online with only a few other players i can say that the cuts had to be made. the levels simply would take forever to find each other in otherwise. they were designed for online play, not splitscreen, is the problem, which is something that sums up the splitscreen of goldeneye in general. it's fun, but doesn't seem to have really gotten much attention compared to single player and online. with the way they marketed it you'd think it'd be the other way around.

Deviant_Mugen

Yup, I definitely do miss the expansive levels of the original game, especially Complex. The thing that gets me the most is the whole loadout bs, which just really ruins the variety and spontaneity of the original game's split-screen multi-player. Ultimately, though, it's an Activision game, so of course it was going to resemble the Call of Duty series somehow...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

what sucks about it isn't even the loadout system, it's that you choose from presets only. the point of a loadout is to customize and use what you want, and you can't do that on goldeneye. so it's lost the old fun of fighting for the best weapons and it also loses a lot of what makes modern shooters fun at the same time. i haven't spent much time in splitscreen, so maybe it'd get better after being used to it, but online is much better to me.

Deviant_Mugen

It's too bad that Eurocom couldn't have thrown in the option to play multi-player like in the original game, or even those of the previous generation, before this whole loadout business became the norm...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Gameday

yea just a few old levels re done should of been in the game it would of been nice.... temple nice , bunker nice , the original facility the new one's koo too and of cosa the infamous COMPLEX favorite level of all time was put into perfect dark as well so why deny now i mean its goldeneye 007

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.