Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey

Posts 101 to 120 of 167

kkslider5552000

Hell like 99% of anime would be rated TV-14+ in America lololol.

And even ignoring THAT type of mature there's more than enough mature stories

we can do without personal insults, thank you -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

YoshiSage

SkullMan wrote:

but I feel anime is even more childish than video games.

Death Note.
Bleach.
Inuyasha.
Full Metal Alchemist.

That is all.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

irken004

@YoshiSage Those are pretty childish imo.

Anyway, the Tomorrow Land level looks good. I'll wait for reviews before I consider buying the game though.

kkslider5552000

irken004 wrote:

I'll give you Bleach and Inuyasha but the other 2? Hahahahahaha no not in any POSSIBLE way.

Detective Conan
Haruhi
Welcome to the NHK!
Soul Eater
Evangelion
Hell, even Astro Boy
Monster
Arguably Hunter X Hunter
FLCL
Baccano!

yeah, you might want to continue talking about Epic Mickey now.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KanrakusPizza

I dont know what to expect from this one. Considering Disney hasnt really done anything with Mickey for a while, I dont have high hopes.

No, I have not seen the trailer yet.

wont be on here anymore

_zoipi

Played it last weekend in GameFest.

It was the very early part of the game and didn't show all the decision stuff they promised, but it was a good beginning. Tla platforming part is great when you combine the use of paint and thinner. The animation looks gorgeous (the ingame and cutscenes). The combats remembered something like Zelda, but much deeper than it seems (i always tried to use paint in enemies to make them allies). and the 2D sidescrolling is just well made (i had some problems in this part, but not so many).

Definetly, first day buy in Zavvi.

Edited on by _zoipi

_zoipi

Twitter:

Kid_A

Grrr...I want to get this game, but I realized that Donkey Kong Country Returns comes about pretty much the same day. I have friends over all the time, so a multiplayer game wins over a single-player-only game every time. Plus, it looks amazing.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

LzWinky

KanrakusPizza wrote:

I dont know what to expect from this one. Considering Disney hasnt really done anything with Mickey for a while, I dont have high hopes.

No, I have not seen the trailer yet.

Really? I believe they have done something with Mickey lately: http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/mickeymouseclubhouse/index....

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

hulklol123456789

Anyways Disney is not doing the game, is Juction Point and the director is Warren Spector, you should see some trailers, im extremly exited about these game, I just can't wait to play it!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

LzWinky

@WaveBoy: Funny you should mention it looks artificial...because CGI is artificial

I agree, but I dunno if they could bring him back in all of his glory

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

XSakiX

LaytonAprentice wrote:

I'm not a huge Disney fan but at first I thought the paint/thinner looked like an original idea. The inclusion of "forgotten" Disney things is awesome too. The only thing I worry about is that the game is being over hyped and not living up to what people expect.

Yes for some reason Disney things can never be forgotten. i had a quick play on the game and it wasnt as epic as i though it would have been. but boy has mickey gone back to his old self from the 1930's and thats the one i like

Edited on by XSakiX

Animal Crossing Wii - 5242 6966 5638
Samurai Warriors 3 - 4641 4079 8182
SSBB - 2277 8176 3105
Mario Kart Wii - 1247 0254 4271

James

@WaveBoy Saying "no offence" before saying something quite offensive about someone else's wife doesn't get you off the hook, dude. Same goes for adding "jk" at the end. Just a tip!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Dragon Ball Z is the most bad anime ever created, calling that childish is absolutely ridiculous. It deals with everything. It's nothing like Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach or those other mainstream anime shows you see on TV.

Except it never deals those themes in a mature manner. The action is fanciful and over ther top, the bad guys have no motivation outside of "cuz I'm evil", and the good good guys never have any motivations outside of "cuz its the right thing to do", despite possibly costing them their lives (not that it matters, since death is never more than a minor inconvenience). And of course, there's rarely much to the plot. Sure, it does dive into some issues, but most are forgotten as soon as the next bad guy shows up, which rarely takes long.

In other words, DBZ is no more mature than your average comic book. Even Naruto, Pokemon, and Bleach are more mature, as there's usually a greater degree of depth and character evolution, and even Pokemon deals with a wide variety of real-world issues.

Also, Waveboy, you picked the worst Sailor to have a crush on, since Sailor Neptune was a lesbian.

YoshiSage wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

but I feel anime is even more childish than video games.

Death Note.
Bleach.
Inuyasha.
Full Metal Alchemist.

That is all.

irken004 wrote:

I didn't think anybody could say that with a straight fact unless you've honestly never watched them. Especially Full Metal Alchemist - http://anime.ign.com/articles/860/860537p1.html

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Popyman

@nintendonerd: Your wife has some growing up to do...>_>

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SuperMarioFan96

Even if the ending itself were not to change, you'd probably have to play the game multiple times to see all possible ways things in the game could happen, although I do hope there are multiple endings as well.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

@Gamesake: what? what?

I have always heard that the game was coming in nomeber 30th, and it is still coming in november 30th. Aren't you confusing it with Flip's Twisted World?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

blurays

The release day of DIsney's Epic Mickey is still set for November 30 according to the official Disney website.
They may have already shipped some of the items within the bundled items since the release date is still a while
away and if the other items are already in stock they would have to hold everything else until Epic Mickey's release.

blurays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.