Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 461 to 480 of 556

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
But for me as Original gamer, using homebrew is considering as playing illegal.
I stop playing games with illegal ways.
I don't want 1000+ homebrew / pirated games.
I want certain numbers of Original games in physical, bought with my own money from my salary.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter homebrew is not illegal. Let's say you had an idea for a game on a console, and you set yourself up at home with what ever you needed to make it, that's homebrew . Did you have Commodore 64, a lot of them games were programmed at home by someone and then sold to a software companys. That would mean homebrew.

And I forgot to say happy Christmas and happy New year🎅🎄🎇🎆

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I feel it's necessary to mention that homebrew isn't the same as piracy. Homebrew games are original games programmed by their creators; while it's true that the game platform in question (such as a Game Boy Advance) is modified to allow it to be changed by people who don't work for the company that owns it, homebrew is intended for experimentation. I'd compare it to someone changing a custom part out on a car or bike that'll make it run faster or make a funny noise they enjoy. Piracy, on the other hand, is intentionally copying and even selling the existing game of another person or company that you have no rights to.

That said, any unauthorized changes to a machine not sanctioned by a company is a gray area and (in Nintendo's case) automatically voids any warranties. As long as people don't use their modified systems to cheat and ruin things for others, I have no problem with it. Some people like messing around with different pieces of hardware and seeing what they can do with it. It's commonly a way for people to explore their own creativity. Many new games that are now releasing on platforms that are decades old, like the original Nintendo, were likely homebrew efforts tested on modified systems.

I agree with you on piracy, but homebrew....Well, for me, that depends on each situation and how it's been applied.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
My games are 100% Original with NO homebrew or Jailbreak at all.
No thanks. I don't want homebrew.

I have PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, GBA, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, 3DS, NDS.

I don't play Too Old Retro machines like Commodore, Atari, Jaguar, SEGA Genesis, etc.

Anti-Matter

Sculptor

Used Christmas discounts to gift myself some of the last games I want on the system.

Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Injustice: Gods Among Us are now mine. For a total of 50 bucks. Try that with the Switch versions, hehehe.

My Wii U's gonna have a busy final year.

Sculptor

SKTTR
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X

I already have it digital, but it's a rare occasion where I love a game so much that I had to get the physical Limited Edition before it's too late.

I will get the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water physical Limited Edition next and have my eye on a few others as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

1UP_MARIO

@SKTTR will be expensive

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tyranexx

I grabbed a physical copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE off of Amazon. I figured $19 USD for essentially the same game (with minor changes) that's coming to the Switch for full price was a worthy trade-off. I don't mind breaking out my Wii U on occasion.

@SKTTR You won't regret that one, my friend. Xenoblade Chronicles X was my winter game a couple of years ago. I enjoyed almost every moment of it!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

majordad

New Super Mario Brothers

majordad

Taffy

@SKTTR Project Zero is on my list too but boy does that cost a pretty penny

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

NintendoByNature

Considering either mario and luigi: partners in time or superstar saga. Any suggestions on which is better and why?

Also considering new super mario bros

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

@NintendoByNature Superstar Saga is the first game of that series and is widely considered the better game anyway. I'd say mostly that the storytelling and characters are a lot more fun and engaging, and Partners in Time really takes a step towards being too linear and having areas segmented into levels rather than taking place in a fully interconnected world.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 cool thanks! I haven't fired it up yet but i did get superstar saga. Im truing to clear some of my switch backlog up first

NintendoByNature

HolyYoshi

Just downloaded some games from the Eshop:
1)Xenoblade Chronicles ..in the running for favorite game of all time
2) Zelda Windwaker Hd
3) Pikmin 3 ( still haven’t played it )
4 ) ogre battle 64 : person of lordly caliber .. a classic
5) Metroid Prime trilogy .. getting ready for Metroid Prime 4 on Switch !

Edited on by HolyYoshi

Nintendo network ID : HolyYoshi
“ Wherever you go ... there you are “
Switch / My Nintendo : HolyYoshi!
Switch Friend Code : SW-4296-5017-1714
3ds Friend code : 1436-0922-5754

NintendoByNature

@HolyYoshi I have $20 in the account just waiting to see if prime trilogy is going to be announced on switch(in the next direct). If not, Wii u version it is.

My most recent purchase :Castlevania Dracula X

NintendoByNature

HolyYoshi

@NintendoByNature I had no idea it was a possibility for switch . Would definitely have thought about it but I am also looking forward to playing with the nunchuck controls also. I just want to know when 4 is coming out !

Nintendo network ID : HolyYoshi
“ Wherever you go ... there you are “
Switch / My Nintendo : HolyYoshi!
Switch Friend Code : SW-4296-5017-1714
3ds Friend code : 1436-0922-5754

NintendoByNature

@HolyYoshi well, it's been rumored for a couple years now so who knows lol. I just really want handheld mode but im more than ok with giving the Wii mote a try.

NintendoByNature

Taffy

Just bought New Super Mario Bros U (with New Luigi U on the disc) and Sonic Lost Worlds, almost done with the collection from a physical point of view

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

NintendoByNature

My latest purchase was ZombiU.. im sure alot of people played it since it was a launch title (I believe). How does it stack up with some other zombie games( Re and Left 4 Dead specifically)?

NintendoByNature

FiveDigitLP

@NintendoByNature Biggest thing to keep in mind about ZombiU: It's a lot slower paced than other games and each zombie seems to be a lot stronger (at least on standard mode). My rule of thumb was to not take on more than two (maybe three) zombies at a time. Either run from them or at least try to single them out.

My Monstrous Backlog: Gloorg

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7090-4051 | Nintendo Network ID: 5DigitLP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic