Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 401 to 420 of 556

Darknyht

Grabbed Sonic Colors (Wii) and Need for Speed U for $20 while on the road. I think I am finally down to cherry picking Wii games when the prices are right, although Call of Duty: Ghosts is on the radar still.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Taffy

Just ordered Lego Marvel Avengers, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham & Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Anyone know if the DLC is worth it for TMS #FE?

EDIT: Forget to include Sniper Elite V2 & Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in that lot

Edited on by Taffy

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Starburst

Bought Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival for $2 at gamestop. Already have the Amiibo so I figured why not.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Darknyht

@Taffy I ended up with a Special Edition of the game, and the DLC is mostly extra costumes and a special dungeon that let's you easily power up different character stats.

I picked up LEGO: Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Zak & Wiki for $10 at GameStop.

Darknyht

Taffy

@421Darknyht thanks for that, went and download the lot along with the Lego Avengers DLC. Injustice DLC is just crazy but will download that all at some point.

In other news just bought Rayman: Legends and James Bond 007 Legends

gcunit

@Taffy Please update with your thoughts on the James Bond game.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

My Wii U games i have in physical so far (USA version) :
1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. Nintendoland
4. Wii Party U
5. Paper Mario Color Splash
6. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014
7. LEGO CITY Undercover

Will consider for the Finale :
8. Wii Fit U
9. ???
10. ???

Please help me for Wii U games with "???" for my Finale. The games should be :
1. Definetely NOT rated 18+ games
2. USA version only
3. No Soccer / Basketball
4. No Shovelware Party games
5. No shooting games
6. Lesser Actions, More cutesy
7. Not tied with Gamepad only
8. No eshop only games, i'm looking for physical games.
9. No Western franchises such as Transformer / Star Wars / etc
10. No Marvel heroes or any Western superheroes

Thank you.

Anti-Matter

Darknyht

@gcunit James Bond 007 Legends is a very by the numbers shooter with some frustrating stealth sections. I picked it up and resold it because it honestly wasn't very good. If you really love Bond, then it might be for you but otherwise I would avoid it.

@Anti-Matter Yarn Yoshi and Captain Toad are the only other two that I can think of that fits your requirements. I would say a physical edition of Shovel Knight but that is more action/less cutesy.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

gcunit

@Anti-Matter What do you think this is, a recommendations thread?

What about the Snoopy game? Its western, but everyone loves Snoopy right? I have the 3DS version but haven't got round to trying it yet.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter
Captain toad treasure tracker
Yoshis wooly world
Mario party 10
Duck tales remastered
Starfox zero & starfox guard
Pikmin 3
NSMB U
NSL U
Rayman legends
Pokken tournament
Wii sports club
Super Mario Maker
Rodea sky soldier
Donkey Kong country tropical freeze
Sonic all star racing
Rabbids land
Xenoblade X
Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
Animal crossing Amiibo festival
LoZ windwaker HD

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Taffy

@gcunit @Darknyht

Well that was a disappointment, turns out it doesn't support off screen play so going to have to wait a bit before I can enjoy this one

Atariboy

Came across a new copy of Super Mario Maker for $11 at Wal-Mart.

I also saw similarly cheap copies of Xenoblade Chronicles, Splatoon, and Rodea the Sky Soldier. Was tempting and I'm sure sealed copies of all three will be collectibles, but gameplay videos never did much for me for any of the three, so I passed.

Still out for DuckTales Remastered, Need for Speed: Most Wanted U, Paper Mario: Color Splash, and Shovel Knight. This same Wal-Mart had over half a dozen copies of Paper Mario, but they were $30 or maybe even $40. So I'll wait and hope for another deal. And if I ever see a cheap complete used copy of Wii Sports Club, I'd grab it.

But otherwise that's it unless Axiom Verge gets a game only option for $25-$30 (Already downloaded it for $10 and likely won't pay $40 or more for the collector's edition LRG advertised).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Ralizah

Nabbed Star Fox Zero, Star Fox Guard, and The Wonderful 101 for roughly $11 as a part of a deal at a local Gamestop.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@1UP_MARIO Pikmin 3 is superb. Enjoy!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

1UP_MARIO

@Ralizah Thanks. Still early in the game. The game looks beautiful and the fruits are just so refreshing

1UP_MARIO

The wonderful 101

Tyranexx

I ordered SteamWorld Collection for the Wii U. I've already played/beaten SteamWorld Dig on my 3DS but haven't played Heist. Some would say that I should have waited for a physical edition on the Switch, but I found a new copy for what I consider a reasonable price.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperLuigi111

Bit the bullet and bought Devil's Third new in box for $55 shipped on ebay. For how much that game goes for even used, it was a good price. It's shipping from Chile though, so I won't see it until the end of the month.

SuperLuigi111

klingki

I bought Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash new on Amazon for $15. I know the game reviewed terribly, but it felt weird having all the Mario Tennis games except one. Honestly, the game is better than I expected. Yes, it is very barebones, and the mega mushrooms are a pretty meh gimmick, but the core gameplay is not bad. I can see the shortcomings for sure, and charging full price for this was a crime, but for $15, I’m happy I bit the bullet, even though I already have Aces as well.

klingki

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic