Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 381 to 400 of 556

LuigiTheGreenFire

I finally got Xenoblade Chronicles X (while I'm concurrently playing Torna DLC after beating Xenoblade Chronicles 2). I got it brand new and on clearance from my local store. It was the last copy. Brand new Wii U games are getting harder and harder to come by. I have a feeling they'll be pretty rare in game sections by 2019.
I could've gotten the game digitally, but it would have required $60 for the game and I would finally need a hard drive for my Wii U. I didn't want to do that. I have a feeling I'll still get some use from my Wii U for a couple more years at least.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Darknyht

Another month and five more Amazon credit dollars to spend. This time I grabbed Nights: Journey of Dreams for Wii mode. Never tried it and looking forward to experiencing Nights for the first time.

EDIT: Corrected name of game.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

gcunit

Just going back to the issue of usb hard drives... quick shout out for the value of using Savemii.

In trying to transfer software and data to my new hdd I've encountered problems with several games. I haven't identified the root cause of the problems, but Savemii has allowed me to transfer my save data (and back it up to SD) even when it's given up on being able to salvage a situation - eg. my 4 years (minus gaps) of walking and climbing Fit Meter data for Wii Fit U was insta-crashing every time I tried to transfer it anywhere. Savemii has put it on my new hdd and made me happy.

Another example of how legitimate customers can benefit from modding their system.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dogorilla

I haven't bought a Wii U game since BOTW, but I just decided to order Animal Crossing amiibo Festival. I found the amiibo bundle edition on Argos's eBay page for £4.99, which seems like a great price for two amiibo and a mediocre game. (I was just looking into the game and I found a Nintendo tweet from before the game's launch, saying the amiibo bundle would only be available 'while stocks last'. Kind of sad that those stocks are still lasting...)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ralizah

Just bought Wii Fit U + Fitness Meter for $9 or so. Really looking forward to trying this iteration of the game out!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bluemage1989

@Dogorilla I actually had some good fun with Amiibo Festival it wasn't the Animal Crossing game that people wanted but it has charm and its a great one for with the family.

bluemage1989

Darknyht

@bluemage1989 It wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth the original price tag even with two amiibo in it. I picked up cheap along with two clearance pack of cards. The survival game was fun, but you can get that on the 3DS game.

Darknyht

bluemage1989

@Darknyht for a cheap price there's far worse out there. I'm starting to run out of physical games to play on WiiU which is end of an era kinda sad. I'll probably splurge on a whole load of VC titles now I have access to a debit card Nintendo accept.

Any hidden indie gems you want to recommend??

Edited on by bluemage1989

bluemage1989

StephenYap3

I double-dipped on Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for $10 under a sale.

StephenYap3

Darknyht

I picked up Mighty No. 9 physical from Amazon for $6 (most of that was shipping). It looked interesting, and maybe I can finish it (unlike all the Mega Men games I fail at). Also finally grabbed the first expansion pass to Hyrule Warriors to breathe some life back into that game.

@bluemage1989 My tastes in games can be odd at time, so take these suggestions as you will. I really enjoyed Lucadian Chronicles (it got me through one of the many, many game droughts on the system), probably enjoyed Tank! Tank! Tank! and D&D: Chronicles of Mystara more than I should (it reminds me of the era of stupid fun arcade games), and Tumblestone isn't bad if you can catch it on sale.

I've been mostly focused on picking up cheap Wii games since I missed most of the Wii era. Ghostbusters, Endless Ocean, Nights Journey of Dreams are some of the recent purchases.

Darknyht

Darknyht

Finally picked up Splatoon for Wii U. Found it for less than $20 and snapped it up.

Darknyht

gcunit

My Wii U collection is nearly complete. I don't mean 100%, just the games that I consider worthy. Most recent additions are Pokken Tournament, Paper Mario Colour Splash, and Monster Hunter 3U.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@gcunit Mine is just about. I want to grab Call of Duty: Ghosts for the bot matches, Need for Speed, and Pokken Tournament if I can find them. I also wouldn't mind getting getting Assassin's Creed IV and Minecraft at some point if I can again find them at the right price.

There are still some old Wii Games I am looking at (which are more reasonably priced).

Darknyht

Darknyht

Picked up Pokken Tournament, Watch_Dogs, and Okami (Wii) today at GameStop today. They appear again to be clearing out pre-owned with a buy 2 get 3 free for all systems.

Darknyht

Taffy

Just bought Watch_Dogs and Injustice: Gods Among Us. Still have 9 dics games to get and a bunch of virtual console games seeing as there isn't going to be one on the Switch (still haven't got that yet)

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

HobbitGamer

Grabbed ME3 for $0.51, that was a steal. Started playing gamepad only the other night, and it is definitely a fresh experience to hold a Mass Effect game in a (somewhat) portable. I died on Wave 1, though. I am super rusty.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Cobalt

@JackEatsSparrows

Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U is one of the best 3rd party experience... The gamepad is a real plus for the overall experience.

Cobalt

Gamecubed

I finally got Nintendoland for $5 at a thrift store (along with a couple of sealed 360 games for $3). Also slowly trying to get some more Virtual Console stuff since the Switch seemingly isn't going to ever have VC.

Gamecubed

Sakura7

Game 3 for 2 finally picked up Yoshi's Woolly World and Kirby's Paintbrush this weekend. All I am really missing now is Tokyo Mirage (and Project Zero but that's going for silly money). Third game was Dragons Dogma for Xbox One which was, perhaps surisingly, the game I was really after but 3 for 2 deal too good to pass up. All 3 for £30.

Sakura7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic