Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 4,371

OmegaMetroid93

Yes. I expect a ton of easter eggs and little nods to other games in the franchise, just like they said in the beginning of the Treehouse demo. But I don't expect the story to actually be related.

OmegaMetroid93

Spoony_Tech

CaviarMeths wrote:

This game will be about as linked to Xenoblade Chronicles as Final Fantasy VI was to IV.

Cid?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ReBirFh

Could this mean that we can expect a july/august release?

Untitled

ReBirFh

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Yes. I expect a ton of easter eggs and little nods to other games in the franchise, just like they said in the beginning of the Treehouse demo. But I don't expect the story to actually be related.

I actually don't want the story to be related. As good as XC is for most of it's story, the ending is a confusing trainwreck.

Let's get a fresh start with a story that makes sense in its entirety.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

My expectation for the later year is

July - Yoshi Wholly World
August - Mario Maker
September - Xenoblade Chronicles X
October- Devil's Third
November- Zelda

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

July - Yoshi Wholly World
August - Mario Maker
October- Devil's Third
November- Zelda

I'm pretty sure Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World (that's a hilarious misspelling) are still set for Spring. Yes, they weren't mentioned at the Direct, but Mario Maker just got shown off at the TGAs, and the Direct was already plenty long.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Maybe, but I think Nintendo wants to have a well rounded year and not suffer any major droughts.

I hope the game is big but not overwhelmingly big. I had to take a break halfway through Dragon Age because there is so much to do and see it tired me out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Dreamsleep

shingi_70 wrote:

October- Devil's Third
November- Zelda

I can totally see this...October is a good month for Devil's Third, even though it's not a horror title, it has that mature/grisly feel to it. Maybe it's just me. September for X, Day 1. November for Zelda is a no brainer, and I hope I actually like this Zelda.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

shingi_70

Dreamsleep wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

October- Devil's Third
November- Zelda

I can totally see this...October is a good month for Devil's Third, even though it's not a horror title, it has that mature/grisly feel to it. Maybe it's just me. September for X, Day 1. November for Zelda is a no brainer, and I hope I actually like this Zelda.

I was mostly going by the fact that Nintendo wants major momentum especially with them going up against a really good line up from the Microsoft and Sony camp and this year is probably the one where they capture the lapsed core gamers. Xenoblade is really good as September typically has releases but most of them tend to be new IP its also the same month Quantum Break is out and not to close to Zelda. Devil's Third will be Nintendo's big Multiplayer focused game for the fall and it will probably be the Gears to Splatoon's Halo so to speak. November is typically the big game season so expect Zelda to face off with Halo and Uncharted.

WAT!

Blast

If this game got a demo.... Would you download and play it? I would love a demo but only if it let's you create Cross and port your character to the full game when you buy it. I don't think this will get a demo, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Can a fellow human being explain to me why everyone is so high on Xenoblade Chronicles? I played the first 50 hours of it, up to Agniratha, and I just don't get it. Is the justification for the entire game in the last 10 minutes or something? I hated the gameplay in the exact same fashion I hated wow's gameplay (no sense of impact, lazy action bar instead of mapping attacks to buttons, no collision detection, grinding, forgettable side quests, etc). I didn't enjoy the story as it seemed just like a bad anime (I love anime when it's good) with poor dialogue writing (the love triangle with Sharla, just groan).

I just can't reconcile all the good review scores and buzz with my logical perception of reality. Could someone please explain that game's worth in practical terms, sans hyperbole?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Storytime7

Haru17 wrote:

Can a fellow human being explain to me why everyone is so high on Xenoblade Chronicles? I played the first 50 hours of it, up to Agniratha, and I just don't get it. Is the justification for the entire game in the last 10 minutes or something? I hated the gameplay in the exact same fashion I hated wow's gameplay (no sense of impact, lazy action bar instead of mapping attacks to buttons, no collision detection, grinding, forgettable side quests, etc). I didn't enjoy the story as it seemed just like a bad anime (I love anime when it's good) with poor dialogue writing (the love triangle with Sharla, just groan).

I just can't reconcile all the good review scores and buzz with my logical perception of reality. Could someone please explain that game's worth in practical terms, sans hyperbole?

It's mostly the world the game takes place in. The environments are so imaginative, and the game lends itself so well to exploration that it's very easy to sink hours into this game without even realizing it. The fantastic soundtrack also helps. As for the sidequests, most of the generic ones are fine because they replace level grinding due to the amount of experience you get from completing them. Then you have sidequests like rebuilding Colony 6 and sidequests that allow you to gain affinity with different sections of the game world by helping out characters you run into. A lot of those sidequests help the game world feel alive because it either changes the game visually (rebuilding Colony 6) or opening up even more sidequests.

Don't get me wrong, I think Xenoblade gets a bit too much love (even though I enjoyed it immensely), but it was critically acclaimed for a good reason. Also, Agniratha isn't quite the end of the game.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Blast

Storytime7 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

It's mostly the world the game takes place in. The environments are so imaginative, and the game lends itself so well to exploration that it's very easy to sink hours into this game without even realizing it. The fantastic soundtrack also helps. As for the sidequests, most of the generic ones are fine because they replace level grinding due to the amount of experience you get from completing them. Then you have sidequests like rebuilding Colony 6 and sidequests that allow you to gain affinity with different sections of the game world by helping out characters you run into. A lot of those sidequests help the game world feel alive because it either changes the game visually (rebuilding Colony 6) or opening up even more sidequests.

Don't get me wrong, I think Xenoblade gets a bit too much love (even though I enjoyed it immensely), but it was critically acclaimed for a good reason. Also, Agniratha isn't quite the end of the game.

Amazing environments, awesome music, tense and fanservice moments, feeling of exploration, being more "Final Fantasy" than how Final Fantasy is lately....

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

How exactly is the game more Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy when Final Fantasy changes with every major Iteration. The only FF game Chronicles even resembles is XII.

WAT!

iKhan

Can someone explain this "FF changes with every major iteration" thing to me? What on earth makes it a series if every new iteration is completely different?

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

How exactly is the game more Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy when Final Fantasy changes with every major Iteration. The only FF game Chronicles even resembles is XII.

Tell me your favorite JRPG and then tell me your favorite JRPG team.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Storytime7 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I realize that Agniratha isn't near the end exactly, but after 50 hours, when the game asked me to unlock ANOTHER 4 locks to proceed (after the locks on Prison Island and all of the fetch quest-y switches in Mechonis Field) I was just done, put the controller down, walk away. I guess Xeno fans are just on a different wavelength than me. I'm not antagonistic to the notion of a giant robot world, but it never wowed me the way Skyrim and Inquisition did. I loved the, sometimes grindy, side quests in those games because of the rich lore of the worlds, but Xenoblade doesn't seem to have the same intricate history to the world. Oh well, I'll just stick to the (good) Tales games.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

I don't even dislike Tales games but complaining about bad anime plots in games and bringing up that series as good legit made me chuckle.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Tell me your favorite JRPG and then tell me your favorite JRPG team.

My favorite JRPG is Chrono Trigger and my favorite studio who works in the genre is probably Intelligent systems, Altus, or Silicon studios.

To be fair to the original comment my favorite JRPG last gen was Lost Odyessy which is pretty much Final Fantasy is the series had continued the VII-X style of gameplay.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic