Forums

Topic: Wii U - Worst System Name in History?

Posts 201 to 220 of 229

Mercury9

But surely more people that have never even picked up a console will know who Nintendo is than simply Wii. Nintendo as a brand is over 100 years old it has to be better known to people than nicknames or sub titles!

I remember panicking at the Wii when I heard about it and the lack of substantial Nintendo branding it had! So much so, I started to actually think it wasn't a Nintendo console! But thinking back, that was pretty stupid lol

Everyone knows Nintendo for lots of reasons. Videogames, Mario, but mainly the name alone. It's as recognisable as Disney, Facebook, Twitter. All of which, are single name brands. People may not even be a member of say, Twitter but they know what it is.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

Wheels2050

Mercury9 wrote:

But surely more people that have never even picked up a console will know who Nintendo is than simply Wii.

Hmm, yeah you're right. I've changed my mind - I think Nintendo would in fact have far greater brand recognition.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Mercury9

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

But surely more people that have never even picked up a console will know who Nintendo is than simply Wii.

Hmm, yeah you're right. I've changed my mind - I think Nintendo would in fact have far greater brand recognition.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier

Whuuuaaaaaaaaa?!?!?! You agree?! lol

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

0megapit231

Demonic wrote:

I wanted to see a Wii 2, better motion control, way more power to stop the dumbed down third-party titles, etc. Instead most are still baffled as to what this think actually is, and lots of people thought that the controller was an add-on to the Wii! It felt like a poor, rushed presentation that left more question than answers, and not in the intriguing way. I really hope that time changes all of this, but I'm really disappointed in what I've seen.

All of this basically, the only thing they showcased was pretty much the controller and you only got a small glimpse of the actual console when it was sitting in the corner tucked away and to be honest it looked like a Wii so I thought it was just a brand new controller for the Wii... wrong.

If they showed us what it could do then I'd be happy, but instead we get a half-arsed presentation and a "deep" look into the controller, I mean how will it work? How will it be incorporated? Will developers still incorporate the Wii remote? What does it do? How much is it going to be? I'm still baffled by Nintendo's E3, nothing spectacular for Skyward Sword, same for everything really.

I felt very disappointed when it was pretty much what the 3DS has to offer, their in the final phases for Skyward Sword, Wii U being released next year. I mean, where's the gameplay? Where's the talk about what's coming to Wii and 3DS? We got nothing pretty much.

True true but lets not forget that the 3DS was just released not long before E3 and NIntendo needed to show more of what the 3DS could offer also the Wii U announcement was because of leaks.

0megapit231

Terave

So, let it be the worst name for a console ever, but just wait if it sells.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Willerz

Maybe it's just a name and people need to get over it? Honestly, some of the posts on this thread baffle me.

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

Shotgunryugan

I originally hated the name,but now i have grown accustomed to it.

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

Nintendaholic

look how the name wii turned out we all thought it was rediculous. but it grew on us. i have a feeling this is going to be the same thing

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Tare

I'm sure someone mentioned, but I'm going to go through an additional 10 pages.

In my books, "Wii-U", is much better than "Nintendo-64" which could easily be nominated for the worst name.
They just slapped some numbers onto their company name.

I don't concern myself with names though. Super Mario 3D land was awkward to say, but fun to play.

Who cares what they call it, as long as it's fun.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

thebrickknight

I love the name. For the most part all console names are stupid. Wii U let's consumers know its different than the Wii, and that's all it needs.

3DS CODE: 5069 - 3977 - 1846

Ryno

Even after many moons have passed I still think that Wii U is the worst system name in history.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

@Waveboy: I think Neptune and WiiDream would be much better!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

I think they should have used the Revolution name from the Wiis development name.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

firearrow505

Nope, SNES is the worst name

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

Chris720

Well he has a point, it was a really long name and the shortened version doesn't incite awesomeness. However "Wii U" is just awful... police siren much?

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

There was a rumor a while back(proved wrong) that the Wii U was going to be renamed the Wii Entertainment System. BLECH. Yeah, there could've been wose names. But I think the Wii U correctly conveys a more personal expirience, like intended. I think that for now, it's fine. But I won't show so much mercy if there is another Wii. Nintendo needs something that doesn't say "family," but HAS family games. A mixture, if you will.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.