Forums

Topic: Wii U - Worst System Name in History?

Posts 101 to 120 of 229

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

When you think about it, N64 wasn't that great of a name either. Although XBOX 360 is by far the worst as far as successful consoles go....But the Wii U is just weak....It's something Catthy Dunway would muster up in that rooster headed noggin of hers.

"ALRRRRRRIGGGGHTTTT"

xbox 360 is a good name. granted xbox sucked 360 added alot to the brand.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Meta-Rift

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

When you think about it, N64 wasn't that great of a name either. Although XBOX 360 is by far the worst as far as successful consoles go....But the Wii U is just weak....It's something Catthy Dunway would muster up in that rooster headed noggin of hers.

"ALRRRRRRIGGGGHTTTT"

xbox 360 is a good name. granted xbox sucked 360 added alot to the brand.

But the name itself is terrible.

Meta-Rift

Lan

The Wii was meant to signify two people playing together. the "ii" is supposed to be teo people next to each other. the wii was aimed more at delivering multiplayer and casual games. with the addition of "U", the console is not only aimed at casual multiplayer titles, but also delivering a great single-player experience, and the "U" is pointed at you, the single gamer, not you and your grandma

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

neetyneety

I personally think it should have been called the Neo Nintendo Nexus. But that's just me.

FC - 1977-0247-0120
Call me Naoya. (guess from what SMT game I took that name from :D)
I have Mario 3D, MK7, RE:Mercs, Blazblue, OoT3D, DoA Dimensions~
waiting for KH 3D and MH Tri G (english of course :3)
"I'd rather betray the world than have the world betray me!&q...

ASDFGHJKL

I also wish they would have just called it the "U".

ASDFGHJKL

brooks83

The name is growing on me, but at the same time I can't help but feel it is a bit of an oxymoron. Wii was meant like "we play together", but U to me implies "you play alone". I dunno, maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.

brooks83

Tim_Slim

I always thought 'wii' meant 'for everyone/we all can play'

so does the new name mean its for everyone and just for you too?

edit: I just read your post brooks...it seems I agree

Edited on by Tim_Slim

Tim_Slim

Gamesake

WaveBoy wrote:

Get ready for Nintendo's next console in 2017 called Nintendo They lol

I think it will be called the Wii Yo, to target Nintendo's more urban gamers.

...in my pants.

Shuokaimana

Didn't we go through this when the Wii itself was still new? Get over it people. You know damn well you'll play the thing regardless of the name and a couple years down the road you won't even care. You'll roll your eyes at all the immature little fanboys making such stupid jokes "ha ha it's a toilet joke name". Screw the wait, I'm doing that eye-rolling right now.

I agree that it wouldn't have been the name I voted for, but so what? I own a bloody Wonderswan. There's an epic name if ever there was one.

Yup, I have one too: http://backloggery.com/shuokaimana

Blaze

At first i thought that the name was utterly awful, but then i suppose a name's a name, it won't affect your experience of the console. The only thing i worry about is that they say they are trying to recapture hardcore gamers.Obviously Nintendo have hardcore gamers as most of us on here (including myself) would class myself as having a vast encyclopedia of gaming knowledge, but i highly doubt something like Wii U could recapture hardcore gamers, you could just imagine people going, 'You have a Wii U? How gay'

It just seems like a name that people will stick their nose up and think that it's just for young kids and babies for basically nothing but educational games. I don't mind personally, as i know that all that is just rubbish, but i don't think Nintendo will be able o do what they said they were setting out to do with Wii U.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

The_Fox

Haha! I'm totally stealing this gif for later use.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Funky_Gamer

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

At first i thought that the name was utterly awful, but then i suppose a name's a name, it won't affect your experience of the console. The only thing i worry about is that they say they are trying to recapture hardcore gamers.Obviously Nintendo have hardcore gamers as most of us on here (including myself) would class myself as having a vast encyclopedia of gaming knowledge, but i highly doubt something like Wii U could recapture hardcore gamers, you could just imagine people going, 'You have a Wii U? How gay'

It just seems like a name that people will stick their nose up and think that it's just for young kids and babies for basically nothing but educational games. I don't mind personally, as i know that all that is just rubbish, but i don't think Nintendo will be able o do what they said they were setting out to do with Wii U.

Because practically everyone hates Nintendo. I mean how many people (in person) do you know that have a 3DS compared to the # of people who have a PSP or a 360, or even a PS3 for that matter.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

brooks83

Funky_Gamer wrote:

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

Because practically everyone hates Nintendo. I mean how many people (in person) do you know that have a 3DS compared to the # of people who have a PSP or a 360, or even a PS3 for that matter.

Most people I know in person that play video games have a Wii along side thier PS3 or 360. I don't know anyone in person who owns a 3DS or a PSP.

brooks83

Late

Funky_Gamer wrote:

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

Not the best compare that you can make as 3DS is still a new console if we compare it to those others you listed, people still have time to get their own 3DS. And if everybody hates Nintendo, why does it sell more consoles than others? Have you taken a look at how well DS sold? DS and Game Boys have sold more than PSP, so I'd say that let's make a compare after few years when we have Vita to compare with.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

SigourneyBeaver

Surely they'll launch with a black and white version this time. My only concern with the system is that they haven't given it a different style to the Wii. With the screen included, this controller looks like a toddler's first tablet. I was hoping for something that looked a bit more hi-tech.

Sigourney Beaver.

Sockymon

Personally, I'd have gone with Wii HD but since Reggie didn't ask my opinion, they're stuck with Wii U now.

Sockymon

Twitter:

GameInfinite

I Still like the word Wii U.

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

JimmyWhale

I've decided I now love the name.

Why?

You can sing it to the tune of Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce!

"Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiiii U (Miya-moto)"

Best video game song ever.

JimmyWhale

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.