Forums

Topic: Wii U Pricing

Posts 261 to 280 of 315

scrubbyscum999

Knux wrote:

Pricing is unreasonable just like the 3DS was at launch. I expect a price cut will happen pretty soon.

How? Do you want an underpowered system again? There is a reason the 360 and PS3 have the life they do now and the Wii doesn't.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

Haters gonna hate, I suppose... To be honest, the Wii U is quite reasonably priced since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system. I actually thought the lower end would be $349.99. This is definitely an incredible scenario that has played out. Not to mention, the 720 and PS4 will find it hard to undercut this price AND be totally amazing.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

Blue_Ace wrote:

$349.99

Hit it right on the nose.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

New_3DaSh_XL

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Haters gonna hate, I suppose... To be honest, the Wii U is quite reasonably priced since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system. I actually thought the lower end would be $349.99. This is definitely an incredible scenario that has played out. Not to mention, the 720 and PS4 will find it hard to undercut this price AND be totally amazing.

Yeah. I'll have to agree PS and Xbox will have a hard time topping that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

I probly get the Wii U next Summer along with Pikmin 3, Points Card, and New Super Mario Bros. U

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

skywake

skywake wrote:

If I was to put a prediction on the prices I'd say:
Premium: 32GB, cables and cradle, GamePad... Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$450AU, $350US, €350

Standard: 8GB, GamePad, Nintendo Land bundled outside of Japan
$350AU, $250US, €250

wow, I was pretty close with this. AU RRP for premium is lower and US for standard is a bit higher. Not bad!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kyuubikid213

KaiserGX wrote:

Is there a gas leak in here?

kyuubikid213 wrote:

since you're getting an HD video game system that controls an HD video game system

No. I said what I meant. The GamePad is essentially an HD handheld game system since you can play the games almost entirely on the GamePad and it also controls the main Wii U console. Also, since the GamePad takes up nearly half of the Wii U's price, (if it had the proper equipment) it could be it's own console. I was using this to explain why I thought the Wii U would be more expensive as opposed to how cheap it turned out to be. "An HD game system controlling an HD game system" if you will.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

skywake

@kyuubikid213
but it's not. In terms of specs it's a fairly mid range shell of a tablet with proper game controls that connects to a "HD Console" on steroids. The GamePad is a hell of a lot more expensive to make than a traditional controller but most of that is in the screen. The price isn't that surprising considering.

skywake in June wrote:

Price only needs to be competitive so given the price of it's competitors I'd expect it to be priced about where the Wii was at launch. $388AU seems very reasonable IMO.... maybe too reasonable so it'll probably be closer to $450AU.

Ended up being $350AU and $430AU. Damn good guess I'd say!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Banker-Style

£309.99 for the Premium bundle.

That's a joke right?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

HaNks

too expensive IMO, especially European and UK pricing as it stands. proof will be in the pudding (sales)....

HaNks

kyuubikid213

@HaNks You know that GameStop is already selling out of Deluxe Bundle preorders, right?

This thing's selling out and it won't be in stores for another two months!

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

GamecubeMan

I think $350 is a reasonable price for a game, HDMI calbes, the tablet that who knows how much costs, the console its self and charging. The price works for me. I just wish I knew the price of the Wii U Pro Controller.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

_Octoling_

GamecubeMan wrote:

I think $350 is a reasonable price for a game, HDMI calbes, the tablet that who knows how much costs, the console its self and charging. The price works for me. I just wish I knew the price of the Wii U Pro Controller.

They confirmed it earlier, it will be $50.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

shingi_70

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@HaNks You know that GameStop is already selling out of Deluxe Bundle preorders, right?

technically that means nothing.

Nintendo could easily be under stocking the market with consoles. That doesnt prove its a big seller at all, but could create a faux want and ave the item sell well afterwards.

That and places like gamestop have gotten into the habit of closing pre-orders early due to lack of concrete information on how much stock they will get.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LolWut

Sony_70 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

technically that means nothing.

Nintendo could easily be under stocking the market with consoles. That doesnt prove its a big seller at all, but could create a faux want and ave the item sell well afterwards.

That and places like gamestop have gotten into the habit of closing pre-orders early due to lack of concrete information on how much stock they will get.

it baffles me as to how more people don't understand this basic concept. You are 100% correct.

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

Banker-Style

Toys R Us UK have priced the premium bundle for £289.99,a decent price.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

kyuubikid213

@Sony_70 While this may be true, you still can't over look one big fact. People are buying the Wii U. Whether or not Nintendo only put in a limited amount of consoles for preorder, they are still selling. If it wasn't a hit, there would be Deluxe Sets for sale still, now wouldn't there?

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.