Forums

Topic: What is next gen ?

Posts 101 to 120 of 194

SCRAPPER392

I think @element187 explained what the Wii U is doing that's better than last gen which can be compared to 8th gen.
The only part I don't agree with is PS4 being stronger than Xbox One by alot.
Really, there's just so many differences between these machines, that it's pretty farfetched to expect exactly similar results on any of them on the same content.
Instead of arguing and trying to decipher specs, we should just wait until the other 8th gen consoles release, because we're gonna be full out speculating and predicting until we have 3rd party multiplats on every system that we can directly compare.

EDIT: I don't agree with that Xbox One is a spybox, either.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

skywake

@AlexSays
When I said "again" I made a mistake, at the time I thought you were the same person who was offended by me calling another post bull. Again in this thread not again to you. When you said "ideology in this thread" you didn't actually say anything. What exactly is the difference between "the line of thinking people are using to form their stance" and what is actually being said? Even if taken to mean something it at most comes across as an attempt to try and justify a strawman by literally announcing that you are about to create a stawman.

And now onto that strawman. Saying that a game like The Last of Us wouldn't have been the game it is on the PS2 misses the point entirely. Of course it wouldn't have been as good on the PS2, that's not what anyone is saying. My point was that the extra power the PS4/XBone have that the Wii U lacks would not have made those games dramatically better. I think a fairly strong case can be made for the argument that art, writing and even the introduction of hardware "gimmicks" have as much value in the advancement of gaming as power does.

AlexSays wrote:

Call me crazy but it wasn't horsepower that make games like Portal, The Last of Us, Bioshock memorable. It was talent in the art of making video games. Now if you're into that sort of experience and feel that Nintendo are one of the best studios for making games then the advance in power means very little. Simple /thread

Actually, power was quite a large part of The Last of Us. lol. If they had placed the game on the PS2, hardware restrictions would have hurt many aspects of what made the game so engaging. I have no idea what you're talking about here.

If Van Gogh had been able to use modern tech I don't think his art would have been that much better than it was. That's what I'm saying.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlexSays

skywake wrote:

When you said "ideology in this thread" you didn't actually say anything. What exactly is the difference between "the line of thinking people are using to form their stance" and what is actually being said? Even if taken to mean something it at most comes across as an attempt to try and justify a strawman by literally announcing that you are about to create a stawman.

If I didn't say anything, there would be nothing for you to refute. Explain that paradox. lol. Anyways, I said exactly what I said, the way some people think in here could inhibit the progress of video games. Be my guest and draw a greater meaning of that, imagine us having an argument in which you just yell something about men and straws, and contemplate the ending where we log off and see no differently. Let me know how that goes. lol

Saying that a game like The Last of Us wouldn't have been the game it is on the PS2 misses the point entirely. Of course it wouldn't have been as good on the PS2, that's not what anyone is saying. My point was that the extra power the PS4/XBone have that the Wii U lacks would not have made those games dramatically better. I think a fairly strong case can be made for the argument that art, writing and even the introduction of hardware "gimmicks" have as much value in the advancement of gaming as power does.

I don't care about your point, I care about my point which you agreed with. Technology enhances multiple aspects of a video game. My initial post referred to the industry and its entire existence, yet you're telling me how games wouldn't be dramatically different between the PS4 and Wii U. That's great, I don't care.

If you're going to ridicule my post, at least read it a couple times to make sure you know what you're refuting. At first I thought you misquoted me because this is such a tangent to my original point. I clearly said 'some of us don't want just a novelty factor'. Never did I say that had no value whatsoever, I was defending the understated importance of technology as a whole throughout the history of video games.

If Van Gogh had been able to use modern tech I don't think his art would have been that much better than it was. That's what I'm saying.

Van Gogh also wasn't a video game developer. There's a slight difference there with respect to dependence on technology.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Jaz007

@SkyWake What about games designed to run on the power of the PS4 may indeed be a lesser experience on Wii U. The games you mentioned were designed to run on the power of PS360. Games will be taking advantage of the power of the PS4 and would suffer if they had to run on Wii U. Games are designed with the amount of power a console has in mind.

Jaz007

JGMR

Gen 4...according to my "friends" at EA.

With kind regards,

JGMR

IAmNotWill

SCAR392 wrote:

EDIT: I don't agree with that Xbox One is a spybox, either.

Lmao! Yeah we can definitely trust that camera. Totally not a spy box at all.

Wait a second! A Mazda ad? How do you know my car broke down, XBOX? You're not spying on me are you?

Oh, to "enhance the experience" you say? Microsoft, you sly dogs!
Untitled

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Games will be taking advantage of the power of the PS4 and would suffer if they had to run on Wii U.

No one knows that, including you.

Let's not forget that these machines are built differently. Any assumption without all the consoles available is foolhardy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/xbox-exec-comparing-co...

You expect a MS guy to say something else. Of course he's going to say that the PS4 power advantage doesn't matter. He would be a fool to say it would when he wants people to by the One. He is also talking about PS4 and the One. If he was comparing the One and Wii U he would be singing a different tune about power. He would tell you that the One's power will allow for richer experiences.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

AlexSays

Scar we seriously need to work on the links you use to back your stance.

First you use a link with a Sony exec saying 'We want more profit' to show how Sony is doomed, and now you use a link with an Xbox exec saying to wait until we judge the consoles?

You've got to recognize how these don't help you. lol

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Games will be taking advantage of the power of the PS4 and would suffer if they had to run on Wii U.

Let's not forget that these machines are built differently. Any assumption without all the consoles available is foolhardy.

You expect a MS guy to say something else. Of course he's going to say that the PS4 power advantage doesn't matter. He would be a fool to say it would when he wants people to by the One. He is also talking about PS4 and the One. If he was comparing the One and Wii U he would be singing a different tune about power. He would tell you that the One's power will allow for richer experiences.

Microsoft isn't going to lie about their console power. Sony never said PS4 is stronger. They have their fans do that for them.
Microsoft, and even Nintendo have been working on computer technology for years. Microsoft can look at every part of the PS4 and tell you exactly what it can do. Besides, the article is right on the money about PS4 having "off the shelf" parts.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

First you use a link with a Sony exec saying 'We want more profit' to show how Sony is doomed, and now you use a link with an Xbox exec saying to wait until we judge the consoles?

They do back my point. It's not my fault that you do not understand.

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Microsoft isn't going to lie about their console power. Sony never said PS4 is stronger. They have their fans do that for them.
Microsoft, and even Nintendo have been working on computer technology for years. Microsoft can look at every part of the PS4 and tell you exactly what it can do. Besides, the article is right on the money about PS4 having "off the shelf" parts.

No, Sony had tech gurus say the PS4 is more powerful. You're also crazy if you think MS would admit the One's power disadvantage. It's just bad business to say a competitor for something better than you like that.

Jaz007

Reala

SCAR392 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Of course how could scar be wrong about anything, its clearly everyone else's fault for not following your logic

Edited on by Reala

Reala

AlexSays

SCAR392 wrote:

This has nothing to do with my understanding, I'm not even bothering to debate with you some of the more misinformed posts of yours in this thread.

I'm just saying you should try to do a somewhat better job of picking sources. You have taken a 'We want more profit' quote to mean a company is doomed. You have used a Nintendo-only developer to illustrate how powerful Nintendo consoles are compared to others. And now you're using a Microsoft quote to say specs don't matter, as if they would say anything else when they clearly have inferior specs. lol

When you use sources like that, people are automatically going to dismiss you. Irregardless of whether or not they share your superior intellect and greater understanding.

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

No, Sony had tech gurus say the PS4 is more powerful. You're also crazy if you think MS would admit the One's power disadvantage. It's just bad business to say a competitor for something better than you like that.

You read it completely opposite. Microsoft said that their console has more unique parts which gives it an advantage not found anywhere else. They didn't admit a power disadvantage in Xbox One AT ALL.
You seriously can't read at all?
They said PS4 is built off of very basic parts off of a Best Buy shelf or Amazon.com.

Microsoft and Nintendo create custom parts for their consoles that you will NEVER get from anywhere besides them, in their consoles.
Learn to read.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

AlexSays

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

You read it completely opposite. Microsoft said that their console has more unique parts which gives it an advantage not found anywhere else. They didn't admit a power advantage in Xbox One AT ALL.
They said PS4 is built off of very basic parts off of a Best Buy shelf or Amazon.com.

Microsoft and Nintendo create custom parts for their consoles that you will NEVER get from anywhere besides them, in their consoles.
Learn to read.

Oh lord the irony.

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

You read it completely opposite. Microsoft said that their console has more unique parts which gives it an advantage not found anywhere else. They didn't admit a power advantage in Xbox One AT ALL.

Learn to read.

Oh lord the irony.

How is that ironic at all? You guys are living in opposite land. Seriously.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

AlexSays

Reread his post, and then read your response.

Telling him to learn to read is horribly ironic when you misinterpreted what he said. lol

AlexSays

shingi_70

So who cares about power. Its good and all but I'm a fan of games.

I'll be getting all three console abut will be getting a Xbone first.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

Just to point out the funnies.

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

No, Sony had tech gurus say the PS4 is more powerful. You're also crazy if you think MS would admit the One's power disadvantage.

You read it completely opposite. Microsoft said that their console has more unique parts which gives it an advantage not found anywhere else. They didn't admit a power disadvantage in Xbox One AT ALL.
Learn to read.

Untitled

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.