Forums

Topic: What do you think of the Wii U's 2014 Nintendo titles?

Posts 41 to 55 of 55

Atariboy

If Wii U gets Fatal Frame 5 and Zelda U next year, I'll be happy. If not, there's not much on the horizon that has me excited. There's a couple I'll buy and surely enjoy (The Yoshi platformer and Mario Maker), but not much else.

Atariboy

Justlink

I'm more concerned with next year. I'm going to get with my own money for sure are Zelda, Splatoon, and Star Fox (will be my first starfox)

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

arnoldlayne83

The problem with wiiu is that, as unrandomsan said, you can t be too picky in buying games....from 2014 on, you can either get the "game of the month" (3months sometimes)or let the console catching dust.... i recently got some games that i wasn t really enthusiastic to play, but the other choice twas to not play at all.... it sounds banal but i believe now this is also the reason wiiu is pretty doomed in terms of sales... people are just getting bored....

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Ryu_Niiyama

I've been very content with the Nintendo releases. They can't just pull games out of a hat otherwise people wouldn't bemoan lack of 3rd parties so much...there is a reason why they are required to flesh out a gaming catalog. Everything that has been coming out has been top notch and I'm enjoying the collaborations like Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo's foray into dlc is also extending the life of their games.

I will say the fact that I have very broad tastes in game genres helps. I can see some folks that don't like a certain franchise and that is the game of the month feeling bored. However that happens with every dev/publisher. The difference with Wiiu is Nintendo is the primary dev/publisher right now as opposed to having other devs to reject or offer a game that one might like.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Blast

It really depends on tastes.... but I will say that almost every Wii U exclusive has been amazing. At least Wii U exclusives don't get forgotten and ignored just a few weeks later...unlike SOME companies...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

crimsoncavalier

sub12 wrote:

Dunno, it doesn't matter what your platform of choice may be, it's just an example alluding to the fact that the continued software droughts on the Wii U will inevitably lead to consumers purchasing competing consoles or personal computers.

Exactly. And this is why Nintendo needs to pump out more games. If you are not providing the consumer with product, the consumer will go elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with owning two, even all three consoles, but eventually, one will become a main one, and the other(s) will become supplementary. Nintendo doesn't want (or shouldn't want) the Wii U to be supplementary. They should want the Wii U to be the one and only console, and in order to do that, there needs to be software.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

arnoldlayne83

crimsoncavalier wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Dunno, it doesn't matter what your platform of choice may be, it's just an example alluding to the fact that the continued software droughts on the Wii U will inevitably lead to consumers purchasing competing consoles or personal computers.

Exactly. And this is why Nintendo needs to pump out more games. If you are not providing the consumer with product, the consumer will go elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with owning two, even all three consoles, but eventually, one will become a main one, and the other(s) will become supplementary. Nintendo doesn't want (or shouldn't want) the Wii U to be supplementary. They should want the Wii U to be the one and only console, and in order to do that, there needs to be software.

I believe this is gone....the repeated software draughts and the total absence of 3rd pRties already relegated the console to a secondary role, for many gamers. It is still a good console, just too many games are missing, and i think it is too late now... we are almost at the half of its lifespan...

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

sub12

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

sub12 wrote:

I believe this is gone....the repeated software draughts and the total absence of 3rd pRties already relegated the console to a secondary role, for many gamers. It is still a good console, just too many games are missing, and i think it is too late now... we are almost at the half of its lifespan...

I.........pretty much.........agree.........it is a great secondary console if you can justify that sort of thing. Pound for pound Nintendo makes my favorite games, but if I had to choose, I would still purchase a XB1 or PS4 over it.........why?...........because you have a much more consistent stream of content to keep you satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Wii U overall, I think as a software developer, Nintendo has gotten most of it's mojo back after the Wii days, but when planning for the next console, they either have to relegate themselves to one platform only and fully support with all of their available resources, or make a conscious effort to create a third party friendly console.

sub12

sub12

Looks like Captain Toad got pushed back in North America as well, ugh...............c'mon Nintendo........2015 for the Wii U better be like 2013 for the 3DS.

sub12

LzWinky

It's actually looking that way

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PilksUK

I've been disappointed with this years releases next year is what I'm looking forward too Zelda and X.

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

sub12

PilksUK wrote:

I've been disappointed with this years releases next year is what I'm looking forward too Zelda and X.

Dunno, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will probably be game of the year contenders................however, the system still needs more software in general.

sub12

PilksUK

sub12 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

Dunno, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will probably be game of the year contenders................however, the system still needs more software in general.

Its an opinion thread..... and the only game on your list that I personally like is Mario Kart none of the others appeal to me so if there game of the year contenders has nothing to do with my opinion on what I felt about this years line up....

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

kkslider5552000

PilksUK wrote:

sub12 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

Its an opinion thread..... and the only game on your list that I personally like is Mario Kart none of the others appeal to me

I'm sorry that you hate fun.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

sub12 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

@sub12 Yeah the Wii U needs more software but I believe in QUALITY OVER QUANITY.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.