Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,981 to 6,000 of 27,917

Blast

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Perhaps they can put Pac-Man in the Mokujin mech that he used in Street Fighter X Tekken. But that would kinda defeat the purpose of him fighting sorta :I
Untitled

LOL he looks so random.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Pac-Man is a icon but still.... the guy had his moment in the gaming industry.
Mega Man is still relevant... Pac-Man isn't.

In all fairness, Pac-Man is still getting new games, unlike Mega Man...

Blame that solely on Capcom. Inafune still really wants Megamans legacy to continue.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SheldonRandoms

@Blast And that's why I like that idea. Now looking at that, I kinda want the Mokujin mech to be an item that you could use in battle :I

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Uncle_Franklin

Blast wrote:

... the guy had his moment in the gaming industry.

Are we talking about Mr. Game and Watch, or ROB?

Uncle_Franklin

OdnetninAges

Rosalina wrote:

I wonder if the Cuccos worked like in Super Smash Flash 2... just an idea.

LOL, I thought the same thing. I kinda hope so...

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Perhaps they can put Pac-Man in the Mokujin mech that he used in Street Fighter X Tekken. But that would kinda defeat the purpose of him fighting sorta :I
Untitled

Heh, I suggested that so long ago.
The response I got was "No thanks...".

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

While we're at it, might as well change Mega Man.
Untitled

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Shirma_Akayaku

Anyone wonder if there's gonna be an image editor in the game?
It would be awesome since you could make a little comic out of the pictures.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

retropunky

I don't think there would be an image editor for this one, but taking pictures could still be possible.

Hope they bring back the stage builder for sure.

My concerns are with the smash ball... one hit insta death, non blockable although avoidable, and lastly, they're just random.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

FriedSquid

PKpunky wrote:

I don't think there would be an image editor for this one, but taking pictures could still be possible.

I'm almost positive that the camera will still be there, in fact I believe that Sakurai's Miiverse posts are taken with it. Likely we'll be able to take photos and post them to Miiverse, too.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

PKpunky wrote:

My concerns are with the smash ball... one hit insta death, non blockable although avoidable, and lastly, they're just random.

Said just about every competitive gamer ever.

See, here's the thing: If you don't like the Smash Ball? Don't use it. You have the option to turn it off. And besides, plenty of Final Smashes are easy to survive. There's a guide for it on YouTube, somewhere. The only two characters where it just kinda says "Not much you can do. Good Luck." are Wolf and Sonic.

It's funny, because you'd think that Wolf being nearly impossible to not die from would invoke Falco and Fox, but suck it, clone haters. Wolf's tank practically guarantees at least three kills in a 4-way match, while Fox's is fairly easy to trick and Falco's is avoidable.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

How do you guys handle a crazy powerful guy like Falco?
The guy is insane with close combat.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

See, here's the thing: If you don't like the Smash Ball? Don't use it. You have the option to turn it off. And besides, plenty of Final Smashes are easy to survive. There's a guide for it on YouTube, somewhere. The only two characters where it just kinda says "Not much you can do. Good Luck." are Wolf and Sonic.

It's funny, because you'd think that Wolf being nearly impossible to not die from would invoke Falco and Fox, but suck it, clone haters. Wolf's tank practically guarantees at least three kills in a 4-way match, while Fox's is fairly easy to trick and Falco's is avoidable.

I gotta agree with you here ugxwolf. Sometimes I hate the smash ball, but given the fact that you can turn items off and on, it's just there to give the game more variety. Although I strongly disagree with the clone final smashes. Sakurai is better than that, and my suspicion is that several of the previous clone final smashes will be fixed, if not all of them.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Caryslan

UGXwolf wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Wolf's Landmaster is kinda balanced by the fact that it lasts a shorter amout of time than Fox's and Falco's landmasters, and also has the same weaknesses.

I've survived Wolf's Landmaster on FD as Ganondorf or Ike.

One thing that kinda helps against Wolf's Landmaster is the short time that it stays active. It's possible to wait out Wolf's Landmaster on the revival platform and deny him the ability to rack up KOs. Fox's Landmaster is very poor in the air, but Falco is the worst when it comes to parking under the revival platforms and airlifting people past the blastline.

I say all three Landmasters are dangerous, but they all have some kind of weakness. As for Super Sonic... That one is a nightmare to deal with.

Caryslan

UGXwolf

@Caryslan This is true, all three Landmasters are ranked high in deadliness. The thing is, Falco's is not as hard to avoid a single death with, and you can jump out of the revival platform so he can't airlift you, but it's pretty well confirmed that Falco and Wolf are good at airlifting. Falco, especially. Part of the strategy for not getting KO'd by Fox's Landmaster is standing on top of the tank, funny enough, as it's easy to get off, if he tries to KO you off the top of the screen. Falco's strategy is just dodging the tank for as long as possible. It's very mobile in the air, but on land, it's not so great. It's not very powerful, either. Avoiding the tank for long enough is easier for Falco than it is for Wolf. Wolf's tank is faster than Falco's, better in the air than Fox's, and more powerful than both. Avoiding a KO is by no means impossible, and heavy characters like Ike or Ganondorf will naturally have a much better time of it than someone like Toon Link or Diddy Kong, whom the competitive crowd love so much. It doesn't last long, but in the insanity that is 4-player combat, you're practically guaranteed a kill per enemy.

As for Super Sonic... there's no predicting that. Ever. Good Luck.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

PaperLucario

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Looks like the Ogre Club from Kid Icaurus: Uprising is a new item.

Look out Pit, for he is Knave the Hedgehog, and he accepts your challenge!

PaperLucario

FishieFish

That Kid Icarus stage is so bland and boring.
Ugh.

"No one said you could touch."

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's a giant attack item, the Ore Club! It's made of minerals mined on the mountain of the gods. This bulky weapon can even unleash tornadoes."

Does anyone else wish that this was the Magnus Club instead?
All this KI:U stuff in SSB4 is making me feel that we'll get a new KI game for Wii U soon.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Pit-Stain

Nice! It's really good to see Sakurai adding a lot of elements from KI:U! With all these details, I smell Palutena as the next newcomer!

Pit-Stain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic