Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,861 to 20,880 of 27,917

DefHalan

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Too many characters are good at this game lol, I already am thinking of maining Wario again (used to main him in Brawl)... Why do I have too many mains?!

I used Wario in Brawl and Smash 4 Wario (in my opinion) isn't that good. He just does flow as good as he did in Brawl. If you think you have to many mains then you should try seeing which ones are your favorite and stick with them for a while. If you main to many people you might run into the situation where you are good with all but great with none.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Too many characters are good at this game lol, I already am thinking of maining Wario again (used to main him in Brawl)... Why do I have too many mains?!

I used Wario in Brawl and Smash 4 Wario (in my opinion) isn't that good. He just does flow as good as he did in Brawl. If you think you have to many mains then you should try seeing which ones are your favorite and stick with them for a while. If you main to many people you might run into the situation where you are good with all but great with none.

That's what I'm a bit worried about, I think I will have to stop using some of the characters so it's easier to improve with certain characters.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DefHalan

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

That's what I'm a bit worried about, I think I will have to stop using some of the characters so it's easier to improve with certain characters.

I limit myself to 3 and even my 3rd is more for fun than actually being good with

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I limit myself to 3 and even my 3rd is more for fun than actually being good with

How can you limit yourself to 3 in smash 4?

Ok it's a bit hard to cut down on mains for some reason lol, but I will just focus on very few characters to train most with...

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Well, if someone has a lot of "mains," they wouldn't really call them "mains," would they? Mains should be those few characters that a player uses all the time, and is skilled with. I only have 3 mains. After those three, there are several characters I can consider, but those three I won't hesitate to use in a competitive match or something...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

I guess I could call my tertiaries for fun characters. I would use primaries or secondaries in tournaments though.

Pootypie

veeflames

Ugh... so I played several matches... and I didn't play well at all... I'm so angry with myself... and disappointed. Falling for obvious tricks and making a lot of mistakes...
Really sad with myself...

God first.

Drobotic

Just got done playing two of the most excrutiating For Glory matches I've ever played.First,I played against a Samus who constantly used their neutral B while camping from the other side of the stage,and the other match was one where I played against a Diddy Kong player who constantly spammed their side B(and they used it every second they could).I hope this trend of spam ends some time soon.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

NintendoFan64

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Ugh... so I played several matches... and I didn't play well at all... I'm so angry with myself... and disappointed. Falling for obvious tricks and making a lot of mistakes...
Really sad with myself...

There, there...(hugs you)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

KO-Cub

True, I say I have mains but then I main everyone cause I love Smash. So instead, I say I 'Drive' some characters more often than others.
Still, input lag is annoying but to me it takes between 1/2 - 1 seconds for the outcome. (Mostly even 1/3 of a second if I think about it) but I don't hate often on it. The only thing that input drives me up the wall about is shielding when touching the ground for a recovery or roll.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

Drobotic wrote:

Just got done playing two of the most excrutiating For Glory matches I've ever played.First,I played against a Samus who constantly used their neutral B while camping from the other side of the stage

Pretty sure Samus is supposed to play like that. I mean, a load of ranged attacks and you say not to flaunt them, but maybe up close and personal? Pretty sure DHD and Robin play like that too.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Gameday
Anyone else got any epic levels ? Cant wait to dl and share stages later on. My guess is they will update this feature the same time Mario Maker drops since your suppose to be able to on that game on release.

Edited on by Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

MisterMan

Drobotic wrote:

Just got done playing two of the most excrutiating For Glory matches I've ever played.First,I played against a Samus who constantly used their neutral B while camping from the other side of the stage,and the other match was one where I played against a Diddy Kong player who constantly spammed their side B(and they used it every second they could).I hope this trend of spam ends some time soon.

If someone is spamming an attack it should be pretty easy to figure out a counter. Just figure out what works.

MisterMan

Drobotic

MisterMan wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

If someone is spamming an attack it should be pretty easy to figure out a counter. Just figure out what works.

Most of the time I'm able to(I won the Diddy match by spot dodging).But other times I expect my opponent to actually try something new and am disappointed and often punished when they keep on spamming like crazy.

Edited on by Drobotic

Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

Drobotic

MetalK9 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Just got done playing two of the most excrutiating For Glory matches I've ever played.First,I played against a Samus who constantly used their neutral B while camping from the other side of the stage

Pretty sure Samus is supposed to play like that. I mean, a load of ranged attacks and you say not to flaunt them, but maybe up close and personal? Pretty sure DHD and Robin play like that too.

My Samus amiibo(a $12 piece of plastic with an NFC chip in it) uses better strategy than just using the same special over and over again.Samus' neutral B is really best used when you charge it up when you have the opportunity to,and using it when your opponent least expects it when it is charged all the way to get an easy kill.The key to winning is being unpredictable and not using the same attack repeatedly in succession,as well as using your opponent's short-comings and mistakes to your advantage.Spamming just takes the enjoyment of fun competition out of the game for me.

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler That's called input lag. It happens from time to time. The kind you're thinking of is frame lag, where the game is chopping and slows down to process everything.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

There's a new Smash Wii U update available right now.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

What's that update for?

Pootypie

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

What's that update for?

Released on January 29th, 2015.

Wii Fit Studio, Smashville, Town and City, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pyrosphere, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit (Brawl) and Pokemon Stadium 2 are all available stages in 8-Player Smash.

Yay?

God first.

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

What's that update for?

Released on January 29th, 2015.

Wii Fit Studio, Smashville, Town and City, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pyrosphere, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit (Brawl) and Pokemon Stadium 2 are all available stages in 8-Player Smash.

Yay?

Of course it's yay, more stages for 8 player smash the better

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic