Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,061 to 20,080 of 27,917

OorWullie

You know something that annoys me,choosing a CPU opponent.The 'Ready To Fight' bar covers half the bottom row and it makes it trickier than it should to grab the tile from the random selection.Unless I am missing something it seems a strange way to go about it?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

MsJubilee

OorWullie wrote:

You know something that annoys me,choosing a CPU opponent.The 'Ready To Fight' bar covers half the bottom row and it makes it trickier than it should to grab the tile from the random selection.Unless I am missing something it seems a strange way to go about it?

You're not alone friendo,it's very annoying.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I think that stage bosses can cause online games to lag. I was recently doing an online match on Graur Plains, and while there was SOME lag, it didn't really get bad until Metal Face showed up.

Is not that i played in that stage with no lag,it's one of the people playing with you that had terrible internet that made it laggy.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

Ok so I have went through like 5 different stores desperately looking for a Captain Falcon amiibo... I found absolutely none of them! The shelves were flooded with Mario Luigi Donkey Kong Peach and Link... Heck in Walmart some Disney Infinity figures were in amiibo shelves... Wth? I got Maril amiibo at least cuz I wanted him, but Fox was so hard too. What's in the world is going on with amiibos?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

With a little more training and equipment my Yoshi Amiibo will be unstoppable. owo
He already gives me trouble when fighting against him alone For Glory style...ish. lol

Recorded a battle against it and I still won, though fought it before and he took me out with ease, so...yeah, it's tough. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

Can't wait for that amiibo peripheral for the 3DS so I can actually use the amiibo I have.

I thought the game Smash update to add amiibo support hadn't come out yet.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

Joeynator3000

is too lazy/sleepy to figure out how to embed again, lol
Ugh, that Egg Throw. x_X

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Can't wait for that amiibo peripheral for the 3DS so I can actually use the amiibo I have.

I thought the game Smash update to add amiibo support hadn't come out yet.

It hasn't, it'll probably come at the same time as Mewtwo.The big question though is how close will the New 3DS and 3DS amiibo adapter launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Xiao_Pai wrote:

is too lazy/sleepy to figure out how to embed again, lol
Ugh, that Egg Throw. x_X

Its quite easy. I'm old (is 29 old for this site? I don't have currently have gamer friends) and I learned haha

@grumblevolcano I already got my NEW(!!) 3ds, and I know it launched in AU already, which is a little random. It feels like the amiibo update could happen at anytime.

Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

NintendoFan64

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Ok so I have went through like 5 different stores desperately looking for a Captain Falcon amiibo... I found absolutely none of them! The shelves were flooded with Mario Luigi Donkey Kong Peach and Link... Heck in Walmart some Disney Infinity figures were in amiibo shelves... Wth? I got Maril amiibo at least cuz I wanted him, but Fox was so hard too. What's in the world is going on with amiibos?!

Yeah, this is really becoming a pain in the a$$. And at least you actually found a Luigi amiibo. The only wave 2 figure I've ever seen on store shelves is Zelda at Best Buy, and my Gamestop apparently has yet to even get ANY of the wave 2 amiibos.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Yeah, this is really becoming a pain in the a$$. And at least you actually found a Luigi amiibo. The only wave 2 figure I've ever seen on store shelves is Zelda at Best Buy, and my Gamestop apparently has yet to even get ANY of the wave 2 amiibos.

It's so weird how Luigi is so common yet in wave 2... I might have to give up and buy it at more expensive price at amazon which is spoiled of me though. :/

Also I can't do battle today but at Froday or later I can, I'm going somewhere for today and tomorrow that makes me unable to go on Wii U.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

It's so weird how Luigi is so common yet in wave 2... I might have to give up and buy it at more expensive price at amazon which is spoiled of me though. :/

Also I can't do battle today but at Froday or later I can, I'm going somewhere for today and tomorrow that makes me unable to go on Wii U.

Japanese Amazon has nearly all the amiibo at regular price, which makes me happy. It looks like they're not too hard to find here, though looking at the prices for all of them Captain Falcon and Pit are being sold at double the normal rate. WFT is also a bit more expensive too.

Kewlan

Can someone convince me that projectiles doing flinch is a good thing? It annoys me so much...

Edited on by Kewlan

ΰ² _ΰ² 
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

NintendoFan64

I'm gonna sound stupid for asking this, but is there a way to set an object to appear in front of or behind another object in Stage Builder? This is really annoying me.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Challenge update: 130/140 2 hammers remain

I managed to clear Classic on 9.0 as Marth in under 12 minutes, All-Star as Jiggs in under 6, and get 100 Miis in three minutes as Mii gunner. I did the math and realized that of the 12 remaining challenges, I couldn't or wouldn't use a hammer on 7 of them. So I took out two of them with hammers, specifically "Collect all Special Moves" and "Collect all custom head gear." So what's left?

That I can't hammer:
-Clear the true solo All-Star Mode on Hard difficulty while playing as Duck Hunt.
-Collect 300,000G (Does anyone know if this is altogether or all at once? Because i feel like I should've passed this, already.)
-Clear Classic on 9.0 Intensity without losing a single life.

That I WON'T hammer:
-Recover your stats from a Metroid in a game of Smash Tour. (Too easy to hammer. Just really annoyingly RNG-based. Nine games and I've only run into one Metroid.)
-Collect all CDs. (The last one is hiding behind the previous challenge that I refuse to use a hammer on. Why would I bother wasting a hammer on this one?)
-Collect 700 unique trophies. (I'm so close. I just need a bunch of Classic and All-Star runs and to get the rest that are hiding behind challenges. Any stragglers ought to be picked up by...)
-Destroy 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush. (It's a matter of time. Just keep whittling away.)

That I am willing to hammer:
-KO your rival 3 times in a single game of Rival Smash while playing as Diddy Kong. (Not good as Diddy. Seriously considering this.)
-Clear All-Star on Hard difficulty with 8 characters. (Halfway there, but I really do find Hard All-Star to be very difficult.
-Clear Classic mode on 7.0 Intensity or higher with all characters. (Time consuming and potentially very difficult. Customs are the only saving grace on this one.)

Any hints? Tips? Suggestions? I could really use them! Thanks for reading.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Challenge update: 130/140 2 hammers remain

I managed to clear Classic on 9.0 as Marth in under 12 minutes, All-Star as Jiggs in under 6, and get 100 Miis in three minutes as Mii gunner. I did the math and realized that of the 12 remaining challenges, I couldn't or wouldn't use a hammer on 7 of them. So I took out two of them with hammers, specifically "Collect all Special Moves" and "Collect all custom head gear." So what's left?

That I can't hammer:
-Clear the true solo All-Star Mode on Hard difficulty while playing as Duck Hunt.
-Collect 300,000G (Does anyone know if this is altogether or all at once? Because i feel like I should've passed this, already.)
-Clear Classic on 9.0 Intensity without losing a single life.

That I WON'T hammer:
-Recover your stats from a Metroid in a game of Smash Tour. (Too easy to hammer. Just really annoyingly RNG-based. Nine games and I've only run into one Metroid.)
-Collect all CDs. (The last one is hiding behind the previous challenge that I refuse to use a hammer on. Why would I bother wasting a hammer on this one?)
-Collect 700 unique trophies. (I'm so close. I just need a bunch of Classic and All-Star runs and to get the rest that are hiding behind challenges. Any stragglers ought to be picked up by...)
-Destroy 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush. (It's a matter of time. Just keep whittling away.)

That I am willing to hammer:
-KO your rival 3 times in a single game of Rival Smash while playing as Diddy Kong. (Not good as Diddy. Seriously considering this.)
-Clear All-Star on Hard difficulty with 8 characters. (Halfway there, but I really do find Hard All-Star to be very difficult.
-Clear Classic mode on 7.0 Intensity or higher with all characters. (Time consuming and potentially very difficult. Customs are the only saving grace on this one.)

Any hints? Tips? Suggestions? I could really use them! Thanks for reading.

Hey Wolfie! Still keeping hope we see our two back as DLC eventually.

I'd focus on the ones in the won't hammer section for now. Make those your first priority. I'd say after you finish all of those, look at the willing to hammer ones and take a minute to think about which is the most difficult, then hammer that one (I know which one I'd do, the Diddy one. I can use him fine, but if the challenge was using a character I'm terrible at, I'd be screwed). With one hammer left, work on those last two. As soon as you finish one, hammer the other.

Then all thats left are the ones you can't hammer, and that's just a time issue. Good job hammering the custom parts one. Thats my last one on the 3ds version and I haven't gotten a new one in a while.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

TeeJay

Luigi is common? I haven't seen him anywhere.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Drobotic

TeeJay wrote:

Luigi is common? I haven't seen him anywhere.

I saw about two or three Luigis at the Toys R Us near where I live and it's still in stock on Amazon for a somewhat inflated price.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Yeah, I'm hoping, though at the moment, it appears that if they weren't secretly planned to return with Mewtwo, they aren't in the works, at all. I still have my theories, but they don't amount to much, at the moment. As for the challenges, whittling away at Trophy Rush seems to be the best option, then. 50000 is a lot, considering a good DK run will barely break 500. That's more than 100 Trophy Rush games, which will help with those 700 trophies up until the point that I'm really only missing trophies from Classic, All-Star, and the Challenge board. Even so, that seems like a great course of action. I think I'll most likely wind up hammering Diddy and the Classic 7.0 challenge because after Duck Hunt, I'll only need to finish Hard with three more characters, anyways, but I'll wait until AFTER I accomplish that goal to use my last two hammers. Everything else is either a matter of pride or a matter of time.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Yeah, I'm hoping, though at the moment, it appears that if they weren't secretly planned to return with Mewtwo, they aren't in the works, at all. I still have my theories, but they don't amount to much, at the moment. As for the challenges, whittling away at Trophy Rush seems to be the best option, then. 50000 is a lot, considering a good DK run will barely break 500. That's more than 100 Trophy Rush games, which will help with those 700 trophies up until the point that I'm really only missing trophies from Classic, All-Star, and the Challenge board. Even so, that seems like a great course of action. I think I'll most likely wind up hammering Diddy and the Classic 7.0 challenge because after Duck Hunt, I'll only need to finish Hard with three more characters, anyways, but I'll wait until AFTER I accomplish that goal to use my last two hammers. Everything else is either a matter of pride or a matter of time.

Good plan.

Wolf is a lot more likely than Lucas, really after Mewtwo I feel like he'd be next in line for veterans, and with the new Star Fox with the vs. Wolf mode...

I have my own theories about the DLC, but I don't want it to change the conversation.

Anyway, good luck with the challenges!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic